Reliable Barcelona Car Service...Airport to Hotel Transfer

2Canucks

Autos Vilar would be one option. It is best to call to reserve and make sure you know the cancellation policy. They are fully insured throughout Spain.

http://autosvilar.com/index.php?len=d4408643ccbd7e83d0c54f42e405d618

I also mostly do not see the need for a driver as the taxis are so plentiful and reliable in Barcelona. I do understand that some do have that option as a preference though.

We used Barcelona Day Tours for a 4 hour tour prior to dropping is off at Hotel Jazz.Since we arrived in Barcelona in the morning, our driver gave us a great tour and afterwards, we strolled Las Ramblas and had dinner on the waterfront before heading back to our hotel.

Highly recommend.

We always use BCN Travel. They charge €48 for up to 4 people.

Because my husband is partially disabled, we prefer to have a car there waiting for us rather than having to stand waiting in a queue for a taxi. We are happy to pay about €20 extra for this. As others have said, unless you have some special reason for preferring pre-arranged transfer then just get a taxi.

We have always found BCN Travel very reliable and helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on where your hotel is located, you may be able to take advantage of Barcelona's Aerobus from the airport and central Barcelona. Very easy to do, with frequent buses (every 6 minutes I believe), just outside the terminal, and costs 5.90 € one way. You can Google it to see the stops and whether this makes sense for you.

We always use BCN Travel, they are reliable and have always provided us good service. When it is only the two of us we book the Semi-private transportation from the airport to hotel for € 28 2 persons.

We always use BCN Travel, they are reliable and have always provided us good service. When it is only the two of us we book the Semi-private transportation from the airport to hotel for € 28 2 persons.

I think they have stopped doing the semi-private transfer. You now have either the private transfer (which is what we use) or the shuttle.

Edited by English_in_Spain

I booked transportation for 2 from and to the airport using Viator. I am treating myself for my birthday. They get very good reviews and I used them to also book my brother's round trip transport in Hawaii. They seem to be everywhere.

I booked transportation for 2 from and to the airport using Viator. I am treating myself for my birthday. They get very good reviews and I used them to also book my brother's round trip transport in Hawaii. They seem to be everywhere.

They're "everywhere" because they are not actually there. They are a middleman booking agent. You are paying them to book local guides, transport, tours, whatever, sometimes companies you could book yourself directly. I'm not saying they don't provide a good service or that one shouldn't use them, but don't think they are there in Barcelona driving you around. :)

PS: It's so easy to get to and from the airport in Barcelona in a taxi. You might consider using the birthday treat money for a different treat. In any event, happy birthday!

Edited by Turtles06

They're "everywhere" because they are not actually there. They are a middleman booking agent. You are paying them to book local guides, transport, tours, whatever, sometimes companies you could book yourself directly. I'm not saying they don't provide a good service or that one shouldn't use them, but don't think they are there in Barcelona driving you around. :)

PS: It's so easy to get to and from the airport in Barcelona in a taxi. You might consider using the birthday treat money for a different treat. In any event, happy birthday!

Yep - I knew they were a 3rd party, which is fine by me as long as I get picked up and delivered on time. Yep, I could use the money for another treat, but I chose to use it for this. [emoji3] Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Because my husband is partially disabled, we prefer to have a car there waiting for us rather than having to stand waiting in a queue for a taxi. We are happy to pay about €20 extra for this. As others have said, unless you have some special reason for preferring pre-arranged transfer then just get a taxi.

Carol...Did the drivers speak good English?

Pat :)

I'm looking for a Reliable...English Speaking...Car Service for a transfer from the Airport to my Hotel.

Thank You in advance for any info you can share with me.

Pat :)

why not a Taxi they are plentiful at the air port:)

why not a Taxi they are plentiful at the air port:)

Maybe, like us, they prefer to have a car waiting for them at the airport and not have to queue for a taxi.

My husband has mobility issues and it is much better for him to have a driver waiting for us as we come through arrivals. The driver then takes our bags and, together with my husbands walker, puts them in the waiting car.

We don't mind paying a bit extra for this more personal service.

I think they have stopped doing the semi-private transfer. You now have either the private transfer (which is what we use) or the shuttle.

You are right and that's a pity as they were the cheapest for 2 persons with their semi-private transfer. We have used them for years. Can now as well take a taxi.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this referral since it looks as if they also do port pickup.

But we want port to a Barcelona hotel, not to airport, so I have filled out their inquiry to see if this is possible. My husband also has mobility problems and to stand in line for a taxi would be painful for him.

Autos Vilar would be one option. It is best to call to reserve and make sure you know the cancellation policy. They are fully insured throughout Spain. ....

AutosVilar has been sold to RoyalRoadsBarcelona but Juan is still there.

I thought it was 48Euro for up to 4 people but when doing the booking it asks for number of people and then gave 96Euros for two people. Is that a mistake?

I asked online if there was a luggage charge. She said to go further in the booking process to see the extra luggage charge. I couldn't find it. But she didn't correct me that I thought it was 48Euro total, so maybe the booking software isn't correct?

Edited by NMLady

• 2 weeks later...
AutosVilar has been sold to RoyalRoadsBarcelona but Juan is still there.

We used them in 2011 and I have just booked for our Oct. trip with Juan again for a trip to Park Guell before drop at the hotel and then our transfer to the airport on the day we leave. We were happy with them before and he was very nice again and responded very quickly.