Vista Suite perks?

It does! It's in realty just a direct Lin to the Front Desk. It's meaningless as a perk. :)

The telephone concierge worked very well for me (in A-category) when I used it.

I was happy to have the perq for the purpose I needed.

Good for you! We've never found it worthwhile or really helpful. And our last two Visya Suite corrientes featured a flooded room and then a toilet inoperable for six days!

Nice to hear :) We had zero help from our telephone concierges, and finally gave up trying. I am glad, however, to hear that it sometimes is a helpful service.

The unexpected "benefit" we had on our Vista suite on the Amsterdam World Cruise in 2014 was the smoke from the 2 occupants in our adjoining cabin. Would never book a balcony on HAL again.

HAL said they could do nothing helpful about it.

It should qualify for double Mariner day credits ... unless you got it as an upsell or free upgrade.

We did get double Mariner day credits for our Vista suite on the Statendam last spring.

A friend, who sailed in a Vista suite the sailing immediately after ours, got flowers in their cabin. We did not -- (I thought about questioning this but it wasn't that big a deal). My friend is 4-star and I am 3-star, I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. Just curious. It's probably another case of inconsistency. :rolleyes:

We did get double Mariner day credits for our Vista suite on the Statendam last spring.

A friend, who sailed in a Vista suite the sailing immediately after ours, got flowers in their cabin. We did not -- (I thought about questioning this but it wasn't that big a deal). My friend is 4-star and I am 3-star, I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. Just curious. It's probably another case of inconsistency. :rolleyes:

I seriously doubt that it has anything to do with the number of stars difference. I have noticed that the flowers have differed from ship to ship and cruise to cruise.

We had a small arrangement in our SS last fall. It was not nearly as nice as the Neptune Suite flowers, but it was still a nice touch. It was refreshed mid-week. (Disclaimer: We buy corsages and boutonnieres from the florist.)

I seriously doubt that it has anything to do with the number of stars difference. I have noticed that the flowers have differed from ship to ship and cruise to cruise.

We had a small arrangement in our SS last fall. It was not nearly as nice as the Neptune Suite flowers, but it was still a nice touch. It was refreshed mid-week. (Disclaimer: We buy corsages and boutonnieres from the florist.)

There definitely were differences between our cruise and theirs, even though it was the same ship and they boarded the day we disembarked. I wouldn't have even thought about it except my friend mentioned it. :p

There definitely were differences between our cruise and theirs, even though it was the same ship and they boarded the day we disembarked. I wouldn't have even thought about it except my friend mentioned it. :p

I didn't get the personalized stationery in mine. Not a huge deal so I didn't ask about it.

It is not really a Suite.
The only staterooms on HAL ships that come close to being "really a suite" (i.e., a group of rooms occupied and used as a unit) are the penthouses. Everything else are just large single rooms.

R class ship - I got the personalized stationery - 3 sheets - and flowers. Did not matter to me as a single, but would to a couple, there were 9 drawers at the desk, plus shelves above the TV - lots of storage. And a real chair at the desk, not just a stool. Balcony had a lounger and a chair with a little table - no ottoman, and not enough room to have a meal out there. The couch was full sized and the end table with lamp had the frig in it. Plus 2 drawers at each of the bed end tables. Closets were deep enough that my suitcase fit in one with shorter clothes hanging above it.

Overall, a pretty big room for a price quite a bit less than the Neptune. I would do it again for the right price. This was a lot bigger room than the regular verandah rooms on Vista ships. Got double points and $12 HSC, superb service by room stewards.