Flashmob on Allure?

I just got off of Allure yesterday and yes, they did a flashmob. There were two or three practices throughout the week (listed in the compass) and then they performed on the last evening of the cruise in the promenade. I saw some of it. I was a deck above and forward and they were aft and facing away from me so I didn't have the best view, but the dance moves seemed pretty basic so anybody could do it. If you have any other questions just let me know and I'll do my best to answer!

I just got off of Allure yesterday and yes, they did a flashmob. There were two or three practices throughout the week (listed in the compass) and then they performed on the last evening of the cruise in the promenade. I saw some of it. I was a deck above and forward and they were aft and facing away from me so I didn't have the best view, but the dance moves seemed pretty basic so anybody could do it. If you have any other questions just let me know and I'll do my best to answer!

Thank you so much for your reply! :)

Great! I'm glad they do it on Allure. It was great fun on Independence. We took part in the first couple of rehearsals, but we accidentally missed the last ones, so we couldn't take part in the finished performance :D Hopefully we will see it through to the end next time! Thanks again :)

We participated in it on our Allure cruise. It was a lot of fun. Like a previous poster said, there were several rehearsals during the week, then the actual performance on the final evening.

One thing we didn't like about it was that they listed the actual performance in the cruise compass, so it wasn't exactly a surprise, which is kind of the whole point of a flash mob. Not a big deal, but it was kind of strange that they would "advertise" what's supposed to be a surprise event.

...so it wasn't exactly a surprise, which is kind of the whole point of a flash mob. Not a big deal, but it was kind of strange that they would "advertise" what's supposed to be a surprise event.

Exactly. But I'm sure it's fun, regardless. They had a "Thriller" dance performance on Serenade last year - rehearsals during the week and performance on the last night. Lots of fun. :)

We participated in it on our Allure cruise. It was a lot of fun. Like a previous poster said, there were several rehearsals during the week, then the actual performance on the final evening.

One thing we didn't like about it was that they listed the actual performance in the cruise compass, so it wasn't exactly a surprise, which is kind of the whole point of a flash mob. Not a big deal, but it was kind of strange that they would "advertise" what's supposed to be a surprise event.

I am glad to know when they are so i dont have to try to walk through it trying to get somewhere if i am in a hurry LOL.....

Flash mobs...still?! If they perform them on my upcoming cruise I hope it's in a small confined area. They're annoying and so five years ago.

It's not. Oh, by the way, on a totally unrelated note, I'm watching an old Tonight show with Jay Leno, he used to have a bit called "judgemental bastard" I'll be back when that is over.

Flash mobs...still?! If they perform them on my upcoming cruise I hope it's in a small confined area. They're annoying and so five years ago.

Not sure I see the point of that comment at all. So five years ago?? :rolleyes:

So, by your logic they should stop 70s night, Mama Mia etc.? There would be very little going on on cruises if they stopped an activity after 5 years! :D

These events seem to be well supported and enjoyed by the vast majority of cruisers. The dance steps seem to be kept simple to encourage mass participation. I think it his true to say that the way these events are programmed and widely advertised the term "Flashmob" is simply a misnomer.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

I HATE FLASHMOBS.....but I've seen the rehearsals while sitting in the schooner bar, waiting for trivia to start. They aren't that intrusive. You DONT have to be involved. There is still plenty of room for those not participating to navigate around the area. The main performance is listed in the activities schedule (limiting "being held hostage"), so you don't have to be in the area during that time.