Attire

Thecat3902

I just booked my first celebrity cruise for next year. It's still early but wanted to start finding out as much as I could. What is typically attire in the dining room on a celebrity 7 day cruise? I have sailed RC, NCL, CC, MSC, etc and it seems as if people don't get very dressed up anymore for dinner and the dress codes aren't enforced (NCL doesn't matter because of freestyle dining). I don't want to over dress or under dress for celebrity. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can't really overdress. Many people still being formal clothes even though no longer required. As to underdressing, no shorts, no beachwear, no torn jeans, no sleeveless t shirts on men.

This is very hard on us Aussies from Ostralia whose standard dress, day and night is, blue shorts, thongs for the feet and singlets, stained all over from long use with beer, wine and food spills.

Edited by Bpos

This is very hard on us Aussies from Ostralia whose standard dress, day and night is, blue shorts, thongs for the feet and singlets, stained all over from long use with beer, wine and food spills.

We recently cruised the South Pacific with a mainly Aussie bunch (we were joining Aussie friends from a previous cruise). The dress standard in the evening was smarter than the Caribbean! We did notice more bare feet pool side during the day, however....is there something in the Aussie genes that stops your feet from burning on the pool deck?

Seriously in answer to the OP most people do keep to smart casual in the evening, open necked shirts or polos for the men and smart trousers or skirt and top for the ladies. On evening 'chic' night most people will make a little more effort with men wearing shirt,tie and jacket and women cocktail dresses or 'blingy' tops or more jewellery. We have seen some in tuxedos and long dresses every cruise and a few in jeans.

I wouldn't worry too much, just wear what you are comfortable in!