Laundry & dry cleaning price list

midwestchick

There is no such thing as over packing!

Enjoy your cruise

DH would disagree ;)...he has to load the suitcases in the car and I want room to bring things home that I've purchased. :D

I keep reading how the laundry room is full of people so thought maybe I'd either have some things laundered or dry cleaned.

Thank you...I'm sure we'll enjoy it. :)

I have searched and could not find a price list for ACC's laundry and dry cleaning prices.

Does anyone have a current list they could post? I'm just starting to fold clothes for our cruise and I'm worried I may be over packing. :(

Just finished our Quest cruise last month and, oddly, our only on-board expenses were internet & laundry. (LOL - not.)

Here are the damages for pay-as-you-cruise laundry services on Azamara, and let me add that the work done was flawless and much appreciated.

Jacket $5; Pants $4; Long Sleeved Shirt $4; Short Sleeved Shirt $3; Sweater $4; Shorts $3; Dress $7; Skirt $4; Pajamas $3.50; T-Shirt $2.50; Undergarments $1.50; Swimsuit $2; Socks, pair $1.

Dry Cleaning is higher, ask if you'd like those prices. And, I did specify "Cold Water" for one item and it was returned in pristine condition, even to having all its myriad little ruffles ironed - Ha! Well worth the 3 bucks!

Just finished our Quest cruise last month and, oddly, our only on-board expenses were internet & laundry. (LOL - not.)

Here are the damages for pay-as-you-cruise laundry services on Azamara, and let me add that the work done was flawless and much appreciated.

Jacket $5; Pants $4; Long Sleeved Shirt $4; Short Sleeved Shirt $3; Sweater $4; Shorts $3; Dress $7; Skirt $4; Pajamas $3.50; T-Shirt $2.50; Undergarments $1.50; Swimsuit $2; Socks, pair $1.

Dry Cleaning is higher, ask if you'd like those prices. And, I did specify "Cold Water" for one item and it was returned in pristine condition, even to having all its myriad little ruffles ironed - Ha! Well worth the 3 bucks!

Thanks for the list.

My wife sent out a beloved but well-travelled undergarment for which she has never found a comfortable replacement.

Somehat miraculously, it returned in better shape than it has seen in a long, long time.

Thank you so much. That is such a big help. I didn't realize they pressed the things they launder...I do that at home as well.

I have a couple of Tide packets if I need to wash some things out in the sink which will save on the laundry.

Even though I weigh the bags at home I do worry they'll be too heavy coming home and Alitalia has a weight restriction for carry on bags.... :eek: I'll have to be very careful on what I put in them.

Thank you for the list. The last thing I want to worry about is doing laundry on vacation! I like that they offer the laundry room but if I feel lazy I'm sending ours out.

I don't feel lazy at all....not on a port intensive cruise. I don't want to be stuck in a laundry room for hours....I want to enjoy the ship while I'm on it. I'll check out the laundry room on the 2nd leg of our B2B to wash some under clothing and pj's but if it's packed...forget it. I'd rather spend some time in the Mosaic cafe while no one is on board except for the B2B cruisers. We love that area....or maybe grab some sun and just chlll way up on deck 11. We'll need a day of rest to prepare us for another active week, which we're also looking forward to.

gazzagirl...it sounds to me like you're really getting excited for this new adventure. The antcipation is wonderful...the experience will be even more wonderful. I can't wait to see what you think of Tuscany and the Amalfi Coast. :D

Edited by midwestchick

I hit the laundry room right after I embarked and received my luggage. I figure that nobody would be in the laundry room. Was I wrong! It was crowded with people who had been on b2b or like me had been traveling prior to embarkation. Since there really wasn't anything else to do, I did wait and got my laundry done. It was also crowded with people using the irons. As one person told me, clothes need to be ironed after they come out of a suitcase. I don't relate to this concept since I only bring wash and wear items that do not need ironing. I haven't ironed in years. I was amazed at how many people were lined up waiting for the 2 irons. Also, met some very nice people. That was the worst time to try to do laundry. 7:00 was the posted time to start using the laundry room. I am an early riser. By 7:00 it was already crowded. I felt sorry for the people who had cabins in that area. Those machines are loud.

The best time to do laundry was on port days EARLY afternoon. Since my cruise was port intensive that included most days. Also, in many ports we stayed 2-3 days. I try not to tour myself touring. Some days, I toured half the day and spent the rest of the time relaxing by the pool, reading and once in awhile doing some laundry. Since you are not obligated to be in the room while your clothes are in the machines, it was easy to check back when the clothes were done. Washers. 30 minutes Dryers 45 minutes. Washers are fine. Dryers not great. Many items I put in the dryer for 10 min. and then hung on hangers to dry in the cabin. The cabin has lots of hanging space. In addition to using the bathroom, I also hung clothes in the cabin from door handles. There is also a small ledge over the wall mirror and above the closets. Small, but enough to hang. Ask your cabin steward for plastic hangers.

Every cruise I have been on has also had a $30 special to stuff the laundry bag and have it all done for a fixed price. And as those of us with free laundry know, you can get a heck of a lot into one of those bags :D.

Not seen that on shorter cruises - I think the OP is going on 2x7 day trips. Anyway I think the OP has to decided do they want to carry items or pay full price for laundry if there are no perks or offers

Not seen that on shorter cruises - I think the OP is going on 2x7 day trips. Anyway I think the OP has to decided do they want to carry items or pay full price for laundry if there are no perks or offers

Yes, that's right. That kind of bites...I'm still doing 14 days total....too bad that doesn't count.

I did find out we have concierge service on the first leg of our cruise...something our TA applies for and sometimes gets.....no extra charge for me. Not sure if this is any big deal or not.

I do have some Tide packets if I need to wash some things out in our sink.

Edited by midwestchick