What's happened to the auctions??

Some of them seemed to go for pretty good value, so maybe they didn't get the people bidding as much as expected? I have only been checking Royal offerings and when you consider gratuities were included, it was a pretty good deal for the last lot for Radiance in January. (I think RCI made a bit of an error with the cruises finishing close to the end of school hols - oops, just checked, that finishes after school hols)

Edited by goodycruising

Considering how easy it is to check the price online, they were always going to close at less than the listed price so you are only going to ever see cruises that aren't selling there, and usually there is a reason a cruise isn't filling.

A few of the bids were going for more than if people booked direct, I think they got confused as some cruise auctions were for two people while others were for just the one.:D

Maybe that's why they did it that way:rolleyes::)

I didn't realise they included grats. Guess I should have read the fine print somewhere. Does anyone know how to find out what the winning bid was other than being on the computer at the moment of the auction ending??/

They added another 3 day sampler cruise today but now they only have 6 cruises listed. Hoping they will add more. They were very good value.

I'm looking at booking a cruise last minute in April and was hoping they would add more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They added another 3 day sampler cruise today but now they only have 6 cruises listed. Hoping they will add more. They were very good value.

I'm looking at booking a cruise last minute in April and was hoping they would add more.

I am liking the samplers at the moment as I only need one day off and the weekend.:D

I am liking the samplers at the moment as I only need one day off and the weekend.:D

There has been some really good deals for samplers at the moment. The auction website is not that cheap for these

See...this site is dangerous.

You have a read, follow it to the auctions page...pop on a bid and win a cruise.

Well cheaper than current prices being offered so pretty happy how it went.

Ha ha - glad you got one you are happy with. They included gratuities and all fees didn't they?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Thanks fairywren for the help of how to see past auction results.

I have got into it and noticed some include grats and some don't.

I had noticed that, but didn't pay a lot of attention. I thought [without checking too closely] that it was just some lines include them in the fare, some don't.

Edited by GUT2407

the auctions are on again with some good prices on the Rhapsody cruising on the 17th january

There have been some good deals on that one for a while, Pity herself is back at work before it returns, bu7t I could go without her:D:eek:,

I had a look at the auction site a few minutes ago and could not believe my eyes.

I won't mention names or anything but one of the current auctions has a bid of over $1351 for an inside cabin for 2 people on a cruise leaving 17 Jan.

It doesn't specific which category of interior cabin so I presume it is just a guarantee cabin.

The exact same company that runs the auction site also sells cruises online in the normal way and you can buy an interior cabin for 2 at $599 pp or a guarantee window cabin for $673 on this same cruise. Available right now, same time as the auction is in progress.

Extremely cheap price, mind you. But it pays people to check before bidding up the auctions too much.

Edited by sherri3802

I had a look at the auction site a few minutes ago and could not believe my eyes.

I won't mention names or anything but one of the current auctions has a bid of over $1351 for an inside cabin for 2 people on a cruise leaving 17 Jan.

It doesn't specific which category of interior cabin so I presume it is just a guarantee cabin.

The exact same company that runs the auction site also sells cruises online in the normal way and you can buy an interior cabin for 2 at $599 pp or a guarantee window cabin for $673 on this same cruise. Available right now, same time as the auction is in progress.

Extremely cheap price, mind you. But it pays people to check before bidding up the auctions too much.

People should definitely do the research before diving in and bidding/over bidding.

Those auction sales have been running for a while, whereas the special price only just changed. I imagine the bidders haven't checked the regular price since the beginning so hadn't realised the change (rather than just bidding up to begin with).

Many people only check once, as the question then becomes how often do you check...