Freedom 8 Night Eastern Jan 6 2018 Questions

Hi,

We just booked the Freedom 8 Night Eastern leaving Jan 6 2018. We have sailed on Allure, Oasis and Celebrity Eclipse and enjoyed them all. There will be 8 of us in 4 cabins. It's me and my hubby, my son and his wife, my daughter and her hubby, my other son and a friend. They are all over 21.

I looked for trip reports for Freedom on the 8 night and only found a few.

I'd love to hear your feedback if you've cruised on Freedom with this itinerary. Any tips or things not to miss on the ship or at the ports.

Do you reserve your show times on Freedom like Oasis & Allure?

Thanks

Sue

I've booked the same cruise but on Jan. 20. I have been on Freedom 3 times. Great Ship. I have also been to each port stop. A really fun Shore Excursion in St. Kitts is "Fan-Ta-Sea." It's a great catamaran day with snorkeling and a nice time at Nevis Island (very beautiful). We did it last year and plan to do it again. Don't remember reserving any shows. If any, only the Ice Show. Rest were "show up."

As for the ship, it's not Oasis Class, but still has lot's to do. Rock climbing, Flow Rider. It's a great itinerary. Really looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Indy a couple years ago and it was the best cruise to date. Then I had Oasis booked for Dec. 2015, but fell and broke my left leg and elbow 6 weeks before the cruise so the adult kids went without me. My daughter and adult kids loved Oasis, but preferred Indy size. So we have booked Freedom for Dec. 2017 for my hubby, myself, daughter and her new husband, and two young adults that are like our kids. Advantage to Freedom you don't have to prebook a lot of the shows.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by trihawks1

I'm onboard too :cool:

Join the roll call!

I will definitely join! I finally picked the cabins. Now I have to figure out the dining times. Bob attached a post that has the show times. 5:30 seems early & 8:00 seems late. I'd like 6:30 but need to find out if this will work with show times.

you dont need to reserve seats for any of the shows, not even the ice show. However turn up at least ten minutes before the start. We were late for one show and couldn't get seats together. The shows always start bang on time as well.

I am not sure what your port hours are for San Juan, but if it not a full day (ie arriving before 9AM), I would not recommend the rainforest. It takes an hour or so to get there, and you'll want to spend time there, but it usually gets dark between 5 and 6, so you'll have to leave early. Use your stop in SJ to just walk around the Old Town at your own pace, or maybe book a last-minute tour right once you get off the ship from one of the port-side vendors. You can easily access both forts by just walking. The food in PR is to die for, so you can treat yourself to lunch or dinner in town, we always do when we go.

St.Maarten is my favorite Caribbean Island. I enjoy Pinel Island and Grand Case Beach, both on the French side. Grand Case is easier to get to, as you just mosey on down to Phillipsburg, hop on one of the buses that says either Marigot or Grand Case on it, and you'll pay $2 pp each way, and get to interact with the friendly locals. Pinel is a little harder, and I would recommend booking that kayak tour you can find with a google search over to the island, bring some shoes so you can go hiking as well.

I have only been to St.Kitts once, and I went to Frigate Bay and purchased my chairs from the Reggae Beach Bar. It was a nice strip, you will enjoy it if you want to relax. I cannot speak on any other things in St.Kitts though other than that beach. St.Kitts is so lush and gorgeous though, so I imagine that any of the land tours would be interesting. Many also recommend a catamaran trip to Nevis.

I hope you enjoy your trip, let me know if you have anymore questions! :D