Live from Quest

excitedofharpenden

Hi Phil, sorry I got it wrong!! It's the ETA for Sri Lanka I was wondering about. As we will only be there for 1 day I know we can get the free transit one. I just wondered if the ship got them for everyone or you got your own online before you left home.

Indian Visas are fun aren't they??!!

What a shame for those folks....I bet they were gutted. I must admit our TA told us last year that we would need to get our own Visas for India . Azamara got the others for everyone which was good.

Hope you enjoy the short time you have left.

Joyce

Hi Joyce. I have to say I did nothing for Sri Lanka and there were no onerous immigration procedures like there were for India. Just got off and enjoyed. A lovely island, but I'm afraid the people there will try to take advantage, so hold firm on prices. Our 1 hour tuk tuk ride priced at $5 became $100 when we did four hours. No mention by the driver. We said $20 and that was it and he missed tips because of trying it on. He'd also had the benefit of kick backs from the places he took us too. It was a really good day though.

Phil

Back home today after a long flight from Chennai. Controversy moment. I know there are many that say Quest is best (including Captain Jose at the Captain's Wave), but for me I still prefer Journey. I think it's a tighter run ship. Having said that there are some truly wonderful personalities on Quest. It's always nice to see some switching between the two.

Really enjoyed the entertainment again. Sasha and Dima, ballroom dancers and Anna Fegi Brown ably supported by Taylor, Rubén and Austin were very enjoyable. Pianist Adam Johnson was excellent.

Home to a cheese and pickle sandwich.........

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Hi Joyce. I have to say I did nothing for Sri Lanka and there were no onerous immigration procedures like there were for India. Just got off and enjoyed. A lovely island, but I'm afraid the people there will try to take advantage, so hold firm on prices. Our 1 hour tuk tuk ride priced at $5 became $100 when we did four hours. No mention by the driver. We said $20 and that was it and he missed tips because of trying it on. He'd also had the benefit of kick backs from the places he took us too. It was a really good day though.

Phil

Phil, Many thanks for all that useful info....it clarifies things a bit. I'm sure it is going to be wonderful. We have actually booked a full day private trip to Kandy with. Guide highly rated on TA so hope to avoid the rip offs!!

So pleased you had a great time. We have sailed both Quest and Journey and loved them both. Off on Journey on Saturday...Rio to BA..then Quest in March so will see if there have been any changes.

Thanks again.

Merry Christmas and happy dieting!!

Joyce

I know there are many that say Quest is best (including Captain Jose at the Captain's Wave), but for me I still prefer Journey. Phil

That is good to hear. We loved Quest last Christmas, and are on Journey this Christmas. :)

Phil, I understand what you say about Journey being a tighter run ship. I think it all has to do with cultural differences. Captain Jose is a Southerner from Portugal. Captain Johannes is a Northerner from Norway. There are huge differences in how these two nationalities approach living, work, and playing. What you might term "tighter run" might be seen by others as "uptight." Is it? No, of course not. But it is an entirely different method of accomplishing the same thing. Me? I'm a straightforward Captain Jose fan. I love the Southern approach to running a ship.

i have gone thru 5 captains on the 2 ships. Jose replaced Stig. I sometimes think you might need to look at the HD that cruise.. I had 3 of them too. I found JR more formal this summer.- I was more Miss M than I like vs Miss Robin or Robin. I really like being called by my first name. I like Jason one on one but he does not float around the ship as much as the other captains. But he runs a good ship. His crew love him..

• 4 weeks later...
HI Karyn and Glen, we are in 7044 in the 2016 2 April Singapore cruise. Any chance you can take some photos especially the balcony so that I can show my husband.

So glad you are enjoying your cruise. We have been on RCCL and Celebrity before - this will be our first cruise on Azamara - everyone says Azamara exceeds Celebrity and I thought that was a great ship. I am looking forward to a smaller ship though .

Jarronwood, I haven't forgotten you! I am still traveling around Western Australia ATM & will be home next week. Will post the photos you requested, then. I might start a new dedicated thread, as there is a fair few photos and much information to give you. So keep an eye out!

Karyn

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Jarronwood, I haven't forgotten you! I am still traveling around Western Australia ATM & will be home next week. Will post the photos you requested, then. I might start a new dedicated thread, as there is a fair few photos and much information to give you. So keep an eye out!

Karyn

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Looking forward to those.:)