Live from Quest

excitedofharpenden

We are safely traversing the Gulf of Aden. No issues and the sea is quite rough. That is a good thing. Crew, food and ship in general are all impressing me. We have a really nice set of fellow passengers too. This is a great help!

Phil

Thanks for the update Phil. Enjoy your cruise !

We made it through them pirate waters (arrrrr me hearties) and are now in Fujairah. Day in Dubai up the Burj Khalifa.

Still loving this cruise. There are some real star performers amongst the crew. Butler Ravin, waitress in Prime C Melina, Aqualina waiter Reni, bar servers Mikey and Roy, Restaurant Manager Mustafa, Land Discoveries Manager Errol are those that immediately spring to mind, but there are many more including Concierge Yasemin. There will be a bit of a crew change today in Fujairah because of the difficulties with Indian visas for some crew and having to leave today before we get there.

The show Danazara (sp) last night was great. Sasha and Dima, the Ukranian ballroom dancers who are now on Quest from Journey are a truly class act. Azamara are very lucky to have them.

Free wifi is a bit of a novelty!

Phil

We made it through them pirate waters (arrrrr me hearties) and are now in Fujairah. Day in Dubai up the Burj Khalifa.

Still loving this cruise. There are some real star performers amongst the crew. Butler Ravin, waitress in Prime C Melina, Aqualina waiter Reni, bar servers Mikey and Roy, Restaurant Manager Mustafa, Land Discoveries Manager Errol are those that immediately spring to mind, but there are many more including Concierge Yasemin. There will be a bit of a crew change today in Fujairah because of the difficulties with Indian visas for some crew and having to leave today before we get there.

The show Danazara (sp) last night was great. Sasha and Dima, the Ukranian ballroom dancers who are now on Quest from Journey are a truly class act. Azamara are very lucky to have them.

Free wifi is a bit of a novelty!

Phil

Many thanks for the update - so glad you're still loving the cruise.

Would you know whether Roy is from Mauritius ?

There was a lovely bartender called Roy some years ago but he went home, I think he was going to be a taxi driver ...

Many thanks for the update - so glad you're still loving the cruise.

Would you know whether Roy is from Mauritius ?

There was a lovely bartender called Roy some years ago but he went home, I think he was going to be a taxi driver ...

Hi workingtocruise. No, this Roy is from Bali. He is a star as are many of the bar staff here. Derrick (sp) is a scream.

We are currently in the Arabian Sea heading toward Mumbai and it's a perfect day outside. Not too hot with a breeze.

Phil

I agree with Phil, & as a first timer with Azamara, I am more than pleased with the ship, the furnishings on deck especially, the gym & spa pool, the main dining rooms, buffet, Aqualina & the Chef's Table have all been exceptionally successful evenings, with some of the best company I have had anywhere, easy to talk to, no one-up-manship or anything, others happy to provide advice on ports they are familiar with.

I have been an avid reader here & elsewhere, whilst not being concerned I wouldn't like it, I LOVE IT!! Meet & Mingle was well attended and met a few familiar scribes. The shower isn't even as bad as I had expected from reviews! Looking forward to meeting more people as we stay on board until Chennai.

Would recommend & wouldn't hesitate to return.

Karyn & Glen

Cabin 7044

Azamara Quest

10th Nov - 9th Dec 2014

HI Karyn and Glen, we are in 7044 in the 2016 2 April Singapore cruise. Any chance you can take some photos especially the balcony so that I can show my husband.

So glad you are enjoying your cruise. We have been on RCCL and Celebrity before - this will be our first cruise on Azamara - everyone says Azamara exceeds Celebrity and I thought that was a great ship. I am looking forward to a smaller ship though .

Hi workingtocruise. No, this Roy is from Bali. He is a star as are many of the bar staff here. Derrick (sp) is a scream.

We are currently in the Arabian Sea heading toward Mumbai and it's a perfect day outside. Not too hot with a breeze.

Phil

Many thanks for taking the time to respond to my query.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure of meeting Roy and Derrick on Quest next year.

Are you still onboard for Mumbai to Chennai ?

Hi Phil

It was lovely to meet you on board, and I am jealous you are doing a B2B, although we are just back home from an amazing Golden Triangle tour.

I agree that it was a fantastic cruise with everyone on board doing a great job to ensure we had a good time :).

Needless to say now on a strict diet because of the ice cream and cocktails - Alvin (Bar tender in the Discoveries Bar) makes the best Margarhita I have had in a long time.

Enjoy the rest of the cruise

Julie

Julie, Robb, Tony, it was great to meet you all. Julie, glad you had a wonderful Golden Triangle tour. I'm on free wifi in Colombo, Sri Lanka. I have spent a most enjoyable time on Quest. The Maldives were very special. A picture below I'll try to post of a crew v officers football match on the beach there the other day. Captain is centre, red shorts.

Hard to believe it's coming to an end, but I've booked Singapore to Bali in a couple of months because I needed to be back on Quest soon!

Phil

Phil, it's good to know you're having such a good time on the Quest that you've booked another cruise on her. If you need to get back on her after your Singapore to Bali cruise, don't forget we'll be boarding her on March 21. ;) :D

Garry

Phil, so glad you had a great cruise. Really enjoyed your posts and pics.

Can I ask a Q please as you are in Colombo??

We are going to be there next March on Quest ( only for 1 day) and am wondering if the ship did the visas for you onboard or did you have to get your own beforehand.

We did Golden Triangle Tour and Mumbai to Athens last April on Journey and it had to be 1 of the best holidays ever!

Thanks, joyce

Phil, so glad you had a great cruise. Really enjoyed your posts and pics.

Can I ask a Q please as you are in Colombo??

We are going to be there next March on Quest ( only for 1 day) and am wondering if the ship did the visas for you onboard or did you have to get your own beforehand.

We did Golden Triangle Tour and Mumbai to Athens last April on Journey and it had to be 1 of the best holidays ever!

Thanks, joyce

Hi Joyce. No requirement for a visa in Sri Lanka (at least for us here in the UK and US). It's worthwhile mentioning at this stage that I ran into a few people who had no visa for India, even those booked through a travel agent. An Australian couple I met had to leave the ship two days early and fly back from Dubai and one poor American lady was unhappy to go on her own in Fujairah and therefore continued onto the next cruise, couldn't get off in any of the Indian ports and flew home from Colombo, Sri Lanka yesterday. What a mess.

We are in Galle today before a sea day back to Chennai and then I fly home at 3.15 the flowing morning. I have really enjoyed Sri Lanka.

Phil