A Conndrum

babs135

A couple of months ago we finally decided that we could afford a cruise this year :D the only problem was which one. We narrowed it down to two; the first one which we booked was 2 ships no fly Bahamas and Florida over Christmas and the New Year, the second one was the Caribbean Christmas and New Year Cruise, both on the QM2.

In the end we went with the first one for two reasons; price-at the time of booking the difference was just short of £1000 pp which we felt was too big a burden, plus the cruise offered us 5 days in New York which both DH and myself agreed was perfect.

I have now made the cardinal error of looking at prices and not only has the cruise we have booked disappeared from all but one of the online agents (including the firm we have booked with) I find the price of the second cruise has been reduced dramatically to almost the same price as the first one and on one website it is even cheaper :eek:

So, do I

Say nothing to DH and sulk to myself for a few days before cheering up because we are going on a cruise anyway

Tell DH so that we can both sulk for a few days before cheering up because we are going on a cruise anyway

Speak to our Ta and see if she could 'swap' cruises. I suspect this would be almost impossible and probably expensive. I am also not sure that DH would want to change cruises as he loves New York.

Would value your input.

BTW 17 Weeks To Go :D:D

A couple of months ago we finally decided that we could afford a cruise this year :D the only problem was which one. We narrowed it down to two; the first one which we booked was 2 ships no fly Bahamas and Florida over Christmas and the New Year, the second one was the Caribbean Christmas and New Year Cruise, both on the QM2.

In the end we went with the first one for two reasons; price-at the time of booking the difference was just short of £1000 pp which we felt was too big a burden, plus the cruise offered us 5 days in New York which both DH and myself agreed was perfect.

I have now made the cardinal error of looking at prices and not only has the cruise we have booked disappeared from all but one of the online agents (including the firm we have booked with) I find the price of the second cruise has been reduced dramatically to almost the same price as the first one and on one website it is even cheaper :eek:

So, do I

Say nothing to DH and sulk to myself for a few days before cheering up because we are going on a cruise anyway

Tell DH so that we can both sulk for a few days before cheering up because we are going on a cruise anyway

Speak to our Ta and see if she could 'swap' cruises. I suspect this would be almost impossible and probably expensive. I am also not sure that DH would want to change cruises as he loves New York.

Would value your input.

BTW 17 Weeks To Go :D:D

I'd go with your:

"Say nothing to DH and sulk to myself for a few days before cheering up because we are going on a cruise anyway"

andhow

According to cunard 's website you can transfer your cruise. Pleas see link.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/before-you-sail/transfer. There are conditions that you must satisfy but there should be no problem. I can't speak from experience having never tried it but a fellow passenger did last November and didn't say there were any problems.

According to cunard 's website you can transfer your cruise. Pleas see link.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/before-you-sail/transfer. There are conditions that you must satisfy but there should be no problem. I can't speak from experience having never tried it but a fellow passenger did last November and didn't say there were any problems.

I think the cruise babs had originally booked is on NCL!

How much would the cancellation charge be ? I would be very tempted to try and get on the QM2.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I think the cruise babs had originally booked is on NCL!

How much would the cancellation charge be ? I would be very tempted to try and get on the QM2.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Yes, the middle section of the package is 7 nights on the Breakaway. This, I think, might make swapping a little difficult.

Any one have thoughts as to why our booked cruise has disappeared from websites including the firm we are booked with? Presumably it's sold out? Would have to be the Breakaway segment if Cunard have discounted the 26 nights Caribbean cruise

Any one have thoughts as to why our booked cruise has disappeared from websites including the firm we are booked with? Presumably it's sold out? Would have to be the Breakaway segment if Cunard have discounted the 26 nights Caribbean cruise

Could be a charter situation.:eek: Perhaps dial up NCL to be sure before proceeding.

Cheers!

Edited by AZNative2000

Have mentioned it to DH who's reaction was 'you win some, you lose some'. Did suggest asking Ta whether it would be possible to swap cruises but he just said he couldn't see them doing anything. My reply was if you don't ask the question you don't know the answer. He's not to be budged as he said he would be disappointed to miss 5 days in New York. To be honest so would I, but...

Anyway, I shall simply sulk for a few days on my own before cheering up because we are going on a cruise anyway :D:D

Regarding the segment on the Breakaway: whilst I have some misgivings we have the drinks package and if I hate it I will simply have a drink, followed by another and another and another. :eek:

At least we will have the return leg on the QM2 to look forward to.

Thanks for your input

Just leave your fancy duds at the bottom of the suitcase or in a suitcase of their own that you don't even need to open for the Breakaway segment. The dressiest your DH need be is in pants and a golf shirt and that's only for the Le Bistro restaurant and the aft dining room. So relax and enjoy the first leg. :D cheers!