Reciprocity fee for Argentina

flamomo

I need to pay this in advance of my January cruise , but everything that looks like an official government site are all in Spanish, which is useless to me.

I found several sites listed for paying it through, but they all appear to be visa service companies. I guess one positive thing is that at least there are several sites that use English.

I am guessing that will be the only way to do this .... use one of the visa services and pay the extra service fee.

Can anyone recommend one that they used that provided good service?

I managed it online using this site..... http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesibleingles/

That's the site. And if you scroll part way down, it will say in English/Spanish:

"Reciprocity Fee/Tasa Reciprocidad"

Click on that, then click on "Continuar/Continue" and you'll be directed to this web site, where you create an account so you can pay on line: (in fact, you can skip the above steps and start here:

https://reciprocidad.provincianet.com.ar/

Under the words "log in" on the left you'll see "sign up." Click that, then follow the instructions, which are in English.

Happy travels!

https://reciprocidad.provincianet.com.ar/

That's the one I just used and it works great. Easy, quick. and since it's a government site, and not a visa service, there are no additional charges beyond the $160 that US passport holders are charges.

If you use it, be sure you print the receipt that has the barcode as part of the page. From the info I read on the page's FAQs, when you arrive in Argentina, they have to scan that barcode to read your info showing you have paid.

There are a few sites that will work.

Keith

Of course there are. All one has to do is a search on the internet and there are plenty of them.

I was just letting others know that this one worked well and there was no additional service fee.

ARGENTINA RECIPROCITY FEE

On the bottom of Princess travel itinerary page for my upcoming 31 day BA to LA cruise in Feb 2015, they listed this information for the fee. I logged onto the web site listed below and it was in English. When I made the payment, it is in Spanish but very easy to work out you just need to put your name in and card details. Once confirmed, it is very easy to print your reciprocity fee copy with the payment date, authorization code etc. I took heaps of copies, so if one is retained, I still have proof it has been paid. Hope this helps.

U.S., Canadian, and Australian passport holders visiting Argentina are required to pay a reciprocity fee online at https://reciprocidad.provincianet.com.ar/. This fee must be paid by credit card prior to your cruise and is required regardless of whether you choose to remain onboard or go ashore. The reciprocity fee amounts are as follows: U.S. - USD $160 per person valid for multiple entries for 10 years. Canada - USD $75 per person valid for one entry for 90 days*/USD $150 per person valid for multiple entries for 5 years. Australia - USD $100 per person valid for multiple entries for 1 year. Once paid, print and bring the electronic receipt with you. Present the receipt upon request. Guests without the electronic receipt will be denied entry into Argentina.

*Guests may visit any neighboring country within the 90-day period (Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay, and Uruguay) and re-enter Argentina without having to pay the reciprocity fee again.

If you are a USA Citizen the reciprocity is good for 10 years from issuance so just get it whenever you want. We got ours a while back and we won't be there until April.

Just allow two days to get it depending on what site you use.

Keith

I believe when we did it, it was recommended that we do each person separately so there was less chance of trouble...

I used the official government site for 4 adults at once, but did have to go back and edit some entries before finalizing payment - somehow one of the fields was the same for all 4 (even though had been entered correctly & individually), but when I edited each record in turn the info held and it did get issued accurately.

Once you create a log on, you can log on later and see what you have paid for and re-print if you wish. I was able to save as a pdf so can re-print without logging on again.