Uk cruisers new itv programme

tartanexile81

Got an email this morning telling me about a tv programme this evening about Princess. There's four episodes which follow life aboard Royal Princess during her maiden season. It's on ITV at 8:00 p.m. Thought I'd post this heads-up in case you hadn't read the email.

Just watched the show. We were on the Maiden Transatlantic and Maiden Caribbean featured in the program. First impressions:

1. Not surprised that the laundry overload was featured. Big topic on the Transatlantic. People waiting five days or more to get their laundry back.

2. Good to see Dee, Anthony and Honey. You couldn't miss them on either cruise.

3. Couple of passengers featured that I am glad we didn't run across. Not naming names, because I wouldn't be surprised if one wasn't a regular on Cruise Critic.

4. A bit like other cruise ship programs I have seen. The series "Cruise Ship Diaries" for example.

5. looking forward to next episode featuring Deputy Dan and Sam. Deputy Dan is my favorite. We spent a lot of time in Princess Live because of his antics.

Edited by billco

I agree that wasn't good. If I hadn't already been on a cruise, I wouldn't be trying if after that. But if I liked cruising and hadn't tried princess it wouldn't make me want to try them. Sorry Princess, you've not done cruising or yourselves any favours. Just hope it gets better for second episode.

Billco,

Did you view the show from California? I'm in NJ and ITV wouldn't allow me to see it.

Yes. No problem. I use Hola.org and went though the hoops of registering on ITV, including the Buckingham Palace postal code.

I agree! Freeloading on the drinks and being nasty about Elites

She was dreadful - I am elite and I am nothing like she said ;)

Think it is Princess Cruises 'Fred Olsen' moment.

Don't think I will be booking any cruises on Royal or Regal Princesses - much too big and characterless :(

Don't think I will be booking any cruises on Royal or Regal Princesses - much too big and characterless :(

It's not giving you the full picture of a passengers experience on the ship though. And who wants to see all the frantic activity going on underneath when you are there to relax? We only spent 2 days on her last year but have booked a full cruise in November.

Edited by dides

Oh dear.............:(

I love Princess, and am a 'snobby' Elite :rolleyes:

.......but if I had never cruised before that programme would have put me off for ever

As for that ghastly woman............:eek:

Still trying to stay positive about our first Princess cruise on Regal next month. Very disappointed with the programme. However, we have deducted the following from the rather annoying British women .. Do we need to bring our own mushrooms , as it appears that Princess does not serve them and I shouldn't rely on the laundry service.

I wished they had focused on more positive passengers, surely there are enough buffet items not to worry about missing mushrooms and I usually take enough clothes not to result in washing them and hanging them in a bathroom. As for positioning yourself where the free drinks are served on formal night. From past cruise experiences said "champagne" usually tastes like paint stripper.

Yes, it was awful wasn't it. I have actually booked my family on the Royal Princess Cruise this August and I'm still looking forward to it. Behind the scenes, it's nice to see that things are clean and hygienic.

These sorts of shows always seem to hone in on odd people. It was filmed in the style of Easy Jet or reminded me of the show Benidorm.

Princess hasn't done itself any favours but has perhaps filmed it in such a way so that it appeals to the masses.

Hi All

Princess heads office has been very busy today getting PR stuff ready for tonights show, may be they should be trying to do the opposite,

well all l can say is l now know why it is not being shown in Scotland.

yours Shogun

That woman was dreadful and the programme does not show the ship or Princess in a good light. If anything it is more likely to encourage the sort of people most of us try to avoid.....and no I am not a snobby Elite......merely a Platinum.

My wife and I watched it in the hope of seeing more of what goes on below passenger decks. I strongly believe that the crew are entitled to their own space and that it would be wrong for passengers to personally intrude during a cruise, but a TV programme about their lives - presumably with their permission (and overseen by Princess!) promised at least a small insight.

Instead we got a Hotel Director who could only say "wow" when the laundry was under pressure and a senior chef who had to actually produce food because the canapés were behind schedule. Oh yes, and a lovely new hairdresser who was missing her mum. As for the vet's wife ...

Formal night when the passengers get to meet the crew - no sign of the captain. Maybe he will feature later in the series.

I suspect the audience splits into those who have never cruised, who want to see what it is like, and those who have cruised and want to see what Royal Princess has to offer but are also interested in the crew point of view. We fall into this latter category.

This programme can only get better. So far it isn't doing Princess any harm but neither is it encouraging new business.

I suppose a "warts and all" with staff explaining what their life really was like was too much to ask for. However there are three more episodes, sorry parts of the series, to follow. So watch this space ...

Edited by Balloon Man

It's just like the Fred o cruise programme a load of rubbish. After watching that series I would never cruise FO...its prob v good, and after this first episode would never cruise Princess......but I have ......3 times.... And I am doing again ...This is a TV show edited for their wishes not the cruise lines...hoping to make good TV ..but I don't think its even going to do that!

I have cruised 11 times with Princess but if I had never cruised before, this programme would certainly not encourage me to. It makes Princess look tacky and the majority of its passengers geriatric and that is not what Princess is really like. Don't know why Princess agreed to it.

So disappointed we came in from the garden for this rubbish, I was on-board when they were filming and chatted to the young man from Princess who said they were not doing a FO style but a fly on the wall. Well looks like ITV have stitched Princess up big style. That women must be a plant has anyone ever come across anyone as obnoxious as that

We are elite. After watching the programme we feel it did Princeess no favours what so ever! It will be interesting to see the next three programmes but if they are the same there will be even fewer British passengers cruising with Princess.

Well STV didn't actually show it but 'thanks?' to the email alert from Princess we turned to ITV London to watch it. Now we know why STV wasn't showing it!!

We watched a programme about Champneys last night and they fell into the same trap as Princess did and allowed the TV company to show the worst things. We should probably have guessed what it would be like having John Thompson doing the voice-over. And I cannot imagine what the vet was thinking of, saying what she did - obviously trying to make sure she made the final cut :D

We love Princess (another Elite 'snob'!) and feel the powers-that-be at Princess made a really bad decision in allowing this tacky and rather boring view of Princess to be broadcast. In no way does it tell non-cruisers anything about how relaxing a cruise really is.

The Princess ad this year tells us we'll Come Back New and this did nothing to reinforce that in any way at all. We were recommending Princess to a good friend recently and we can only hope she didn't see this!!