Purchase a drinks package or pay as you go?

Sophistikatie

Depends. I believe the drink packages only cover drinks up to a $9 price. If you are asking then your drinking habits would probably put you at the break even point or you would be better off paying as you go. Cunard isn't going to price their package to lose money.

For $6.50 per day I think we will most likely get DH a soft drink package... with $2.75 the package price sounds reasonable. As we can never agree on one wine (DH prefers red while I tend to go for white or rose) we will buy wine by the glass, I don't think a wine package will be worth it for us.

And to highjack this thread (sorry)... ask.cunard states the following:

"Our soft drinks package includes Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Lemonade, Soda, Tonic Water (from the soda gun only) & fruit juices (Orange, Apple, Grapefruit, Pineapple, Tomato & Cranberry) for $6.50 a day (+15% gratuity charge)."

The sample bar menu on the same said lists:

"Cola, Diet Cola, Lemonade, Diet Lemonade, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, Club Soda Water, Orange Soda, Ginger Beer"

Are Diet Lemonade, Ginger Ale, Orange Soda and Ginger Beer really excluded from the soft drinks package? Or is the list incomplete?

Depends. I believe the drink packages only cover drinks up to a $9 price. If you are asking then your drinking habits would probably put you at the break even point or you would be better off paying as you go. Cunard isn't going to price their package to lose money.

I think this is for the "free" package that has been included on some sailings, I don't think it's available for purchase in the same way as on other lines.

For $6.50 per day I think we will most likely get DH a soft drink package... with $2.75 the package price sounds reasonable. As we can never agree on one wine (DH prefers red while I tend to go for white or rose) we will buy wine by the glass, I don't think a wine package will be worth it for us.

And to highjack this thread (sorry)... ask.cunard states the following:

"Our soft drinks package includes Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Lemonade, Soda, Tonic Water (from the soda gun only) & fruit juices (Orange, Apple, Grapefruit, Pineapple, Tomato & Cranberry) for $6.50 a day (+15% gratuity charge)."

The sample bar menu on the same said lists:

"Cola, Diet Cola, Lemonade, Diet Lemonade, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, Club Soda Water, Orange Soda, Ginger Beer"

Are Diet Lemonade, Ginger Ale, Orange Soda and Ginger Beer really excluded from the soft drinks package? Or is the list incomplete?

The drinks included in the soft drinks package are only those from the soda gun. Ginger beer etc come in a can and so are not included.

The drinks included in the soft drinks package are only those from the soda gun. Ginger beer etc come in a can and so are not included.

This is true as to soft drinks but as mentioned in post #4, juices are also part of the "soft drink" package.

We are the same but rather than buy by the glass we buy by the bottle and the wine waiter retains the bottle each night and brings it out the following evening dinner. To date we have never lost a bottle.

It really all depends on how much you drink.

It could also depend on WHERE you like to drink. If you don't want to keep going up to the Lido, but like sitting in all the bars, then a drinks package could be a good idea if enjoyment means more to you than money. It's a question of priorities.

What drink (per drink, not bottles) package is available? We will be on a 7-day TA cruise.

None other than a soda package. There are some trips where a free drinks package is offered by Cunard but that is complimentary and you can't buy it.

Edited by capnpugwash