Upsell offer

atlantic cruiser

just noticed an upsell offer for a 10 night sailing to Panama Canal. Offer was $299.00pp for balcony from interior never had one before so not sure if this is a good price. Email does not give details as to location etc. Tried to call but had to leave message G noticed email 2 hrs after it was sent) but recording stated it may take up to 24 hrs. To reply.Also need advice if we accept can we request our bank does conversion of funds?

Thanks for any help.:D

Normally this upsell price is per person for the whole cruise. $30 a day twice, in this case, so do you want to pay that? Panama Canal is about looking at the transit, are you going completely through or is it a partial transit?

If you do not bank in US$ there is usually an option for either your own bank or the cruise line to do currency conversion. Many people think their own bank is the better option.

Regards John

We did Panama a couple of years ago. Full transit B2B (LA to FLL, FLL to LA). We got an upsell offer for one of the legs from inside to balcony. The cost was something like your offer.

When I talked to the rep, she offered a midship balcony. I'd already checked the deck plans and knew which balconies were available. Requested the only aft balcony and she said, "sure". At that point, that balcony was $800pp more than midship balconies.

It was great!! We were on the Pacific and had a GREAT up close & personal view of the locks. We also wandered all over the ship and spent a lot of time in the Cabaret Lounge (air conditioned!!).

We felt like we got a great deal. YMMV.

Going from 10 days Inside to 10 days of fresh air and daylight , I would be tempted to go for it .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, I would, too. Having a balcony is about more than just the day going through the canal. There are nine more days of balcony enjoyment!

just noticed an upsell offer for a 10 night sailing to Panama Canal. Offer was $299.00pp for balcony from interior never had one before so not sure if this is a good price. Email does not give details as to location etc. Tried to call but had to leave message G noticed email 2 hrs after it was sent) but recording stated it may take up to 24 hrs. To reply.Also need advice if we accept can we request our bank does conversion of funds?

Thanks for any help.:D

Most people are up on the deck? Maybe they don't have a balcony? I would take the upsell offer...but I would never do an interior! LOL! But that's just me!

On our Panaman Canal cruise we spent the better part of the day on our balcony witnessing the transit! We were able to listen to the commentary on the TV in our cabin as we watched and it really enhanced the experience!