Wine when boarding in San Juan

BcIcemen

Does anyone know if Martini is classed as wine?

The Martini brand sparkling wines are fine to bring on; the vermouth/ fortified wines I'm not sure about at all. Hoping another poster can answer as I am curious too. :)

A martini is not made with grapes. It is usually a gin or vodka drink. :rolleyes:

Not necessary to roll your eyes. Actually Martini is a fortified wine, often drunk on the rocks in Europe....I wasn't referring to a cocktail, just a bottle of Martini Rossi or bianco.

We're on this same sailing and didn't realize you could bring more wine on if you disembark again. Might be worth the walk! Thanks :)

Getting off the ship, cross the street and turn left. There will be a store (can't remember what it was) but they had some decent pricing on vino.

There's a CVS just down from the terminal. We brought on our own sodas and wine. We went out a second time to sight see a little and brought two more bottles of wine.

Don't they notice you don't have any luggage anymore and you already have your Sign & Sail card?? :confused:

We're on this same sailing and didn't realize you could bring more wine on if you disembark again. Might be worth the walk! Thanks :)

We've walked on the ship with wine and walked back out to get more. Easy! We left a few hours later in case security recognized us.

I don't think it would have been an issue anyway.

Don't they notice you don't have any luggage anymore and you already have your Sign & Sail card?? :confused:

A lot of people get back off the ship to pick up some supplies at CVS or the duty free shop. I'm not sure how they could possibly monitor it

A lot of people get back off the ship to pick up some supplies at CVS or the duty free shop. I'm not sure how they could possibly monitor it

so you can check in, get off the ship,make a purchase in the duty free shop and walk back on the ship? Do you just leave the liquor from the duty free shop in the bag from the purchase?

The last couple of times I embarked in San Juan, we carried on whatever alcohol we wanted. We purchased it at the duty free shop in the terminal. They informed us that San Juan performs security checks in their terminal - not Carnival. Their security doesn't stop you for alcohol - that would cut into the San Juan merchants' profit. I don't know if it's still the same, but you can check with the duty free folks.

They did not check what has been brought on previously nor did they care that we didn't have luggage. We drop our luggage and head back out to get our supplies from CVS. It worked well. I can't speak to liquor as we didn't purchase or try to bring any on.

Edited by Mr2Scents

so you can check in, get off the ship,make a purchase in the duty free shop and walk back on the ship? Do you just leave the liquor from the duty free shop in the bag from the purchase?

We have brought wine on board at embarkation, left the ship, bought more wine in the duty free and walked right back on the ship. We haven't tried to bring liquor on board. I have heard, though, that security will tag any knapsack that has liquor etc with an orange tag which is easily concealed in your hand as you walk past security.