Seattle HELP please

Edna354

We will be traveling to Seattle for an Alaskan cruise in July 2016. I know it's a long way away but I am a type A planner and like to get a jump on things. We are a family of 5 (2 adults,3 kids).

I am looking for some suggestions on a hotel that is walking distance to many attractions and close to the port. We will not be renting a car and would like to explore Seattle for 3 days prior to our cruise.

Any suggestions on places to stay and things to see would be GREATLY appreciated. TIA:o

There are two piers that cruises leave from in Seattle. One is right downtown and one is a bit further out. What ship will you be on? I can then give you hotel advice.

And what's your price range for the hotel? In July everything will be expensive. And if during the time of Seattle Seafair, it will be even more expensive.

I live about 90 miles north of Seattle, so all the locals might say I do not know what I am talking about, and they may be right. When we stay in Seattle, which is several times a year, we tend to stay in hotels near Seattle Center. This puts you in walking distance of the Space Needle, EMP, Science Center, IMAX, etc. You are close to the monorail and the downtown bus system. Not too far from the stadiums should you want to take in a Mariners game.

We always do Priceline and get good rates with good hotels. Problem with Priceline is the five people. Read reviews and I am sure many more local to Seattle will tell you which areas and hotels to avoid.

June is just aound the corner so not too soon to plan. Good luck and welcome (soon) to the Evergreen State...home of the 12's.

I would look at something like the Residence Inn across the street from Lake Union. You can definitely fit five in many of their rooms. It is also right across the street from the streetcar, which will take you straight to the heart of the retail core of downtown...to Westlake Center. Westlake Center is also where you can catch the Monorail to Seattle Center.

The hotel is also right across the street from several restaurants sitting on Lake Union. Also right there is the Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI). A great museum about the history of the area that is great for both kids and adults.

Hope that's helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be there in may 2016 cruising on ncl pearl. Which port is that and hotel ideas near there. Maybe comp hotel and airport shuttle and pay for shuttle to cruise port

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

NCL uses Pier 66 in downtown Seattle. The Marriott Waterfront hotel is across the street. There are no free shuttles from the airport to hotels in central Seattle. There are many more hotels in downtown Seattle within a $10-$15 cab ride of T66.

I am also beginning to research for a two night stay pre cruise in late June. There will be 4 of us in the room. We will be sailing on Holland America Westerdam so wonder which port it will be in and hotel recommendations.

I am also beginning to research for a two night stay pre cruise in late June. There will be 4 of us in the room. We will be sailing on Holland America Westerdam so wonder which port it will be in and hotel recommendations.

It will be at Pier 91 which is a couple of miles from downtown. I like the Maxwell on Queen Anne. Walking distance to the monorail and all the sights in the Seattle Center.

It will be at Pier 91 which is a couple of miles from downtown. I like the Maxwell on Queen Anne. Walking distance to the monorail and all the sights in the Seattle Center.

Thank you for the prompt reply and suggestion.

I only live about 40 minutes from Seattle, so all my trips there are day trips and I've never actually spent the night near the port. I've heard great things about the Marriott near Pier 66, though.

My main reason to chime in is suggesting an easy way to get to Seattle from the airport - most people don't realize that Sea-Tac Airport is about 15-20 minutes outside the city. The easiest way to get to the port area from the airport is the light link rail. You can ride it straight from the airport to Westlake Center, which is near the area your hotel will be if you get something near the port. Once you get your bags to your hotel, you can use the same light rail system to get to many places in Seattle - the Seattle Center, Pioneer Square, even the Sodo district where the stadiums are. It's an easy way to get around without having to transfer to different trains with all your bags. :)

We took the light link rail from Seatac to our hotel, the Warwick, last month before boarding the Solstice to Alaska. We had one rolling suitcase each as well as a carryon and the rail was a great deal. Easy to get on and Westlake centre was only a level three blocks from our hotel which we walked to. We paid $4 each which saved us a ton of money on cabs and shuttles. Everything was walking distance from the hotel (Chihuly, Space Needle, Pike Place, Olympic Sculpture Park, Ferry to Bainbridge etc) but we did grab a cab to the pier (91) which cost less than $10 for 2 of us and our luggage.

Warwick was a great hotel, very clean and quiet and centrally located. Would def recommend.

If you're going to be spending time seeing Seattle, I'd recommend a centrally located hotel, not one by the pier. There are lots of hotels near the convention center: just a few blocks from the Pike Place Market, on the light rail (which is the cheap way to get from SeaTac to downtown), and there's even a great little urban target between Pike Place and the convention center for all your last-minute needs. These tend to be nice and cheap, too, when conventions aren't happening.

If you're going to be spending time seeing Seattle, I'd recommend a centrally located hotel, not one by the pier. There are lots of hotels near the convention center: just a few blocks from the Pike Place Market, on the light rail (which is the cheap way to get from SeaTac to downtown), and there's even a great little urban target between Pike Place and the convention center for all your last-minute needs. These tend to be nice and cheap, too, when conventions aren't happening.

I guess it's all relative--I would call anything in downtown, Belltown, Pioneer Square, Seattle Center, or Lower Queen Anne "central." Some hotels there are closer to some of the most popular tourist sites, some to others, but none of them are really very far from where visitors usually want to go. It's pretty easy to walk between most of them if you're so inclined, or to take transit or cabs without busting your budget. And several of those areas can be significantly cheaper than a center-of-downtown hotel.

We are staying pre and post cruise in May at the Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter. They offer free airport pickup and drop off, and they are about 10 mins to the LINK light rail to downtown. They also offer free drop and pick up to the LINK station.

For cruise transfer we have chose Seattle Express. They offer $12 pp each way to and from the cruise terminal.

Hope this helps.

Edited by ProfessorandtheGeek

We are staying pre and post cruise in May at the Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter. They offer free airport pickup and drop off, and they are about 10 mins to the LINK light rail to downtown. They also offer free drop and pick up to the LINK station.

For cruise transfer we have chose Seattle Express. They offer $12 pp each way to and from the cruise terminal.

Hope this helps.

Nice hotel and easy access to the airport. It is not in Seattle, it is in Tuckwilla. The airport is also not in Seattle, it is in the town of Seatac. If you are looking to stay in the tourist area, ie Space Needle Pike Place Market, On the water, this Hotel is NOT there. The Link is a good system, but give yourself enough time to get to downtown from your hotel. (45 minutes). Please do not be discouraged from staying there. The hotel is nice, safe and alot less expensive than Seattle. Lots of good shopping and dining in Tuckwilla. Southcenter Mall is nice. I would not hesitate to stay in that area prior to a flight or cruise.

• 2 weeks later...