Taxis to Bruges

rikimuk

All

Does anyone have any recent contact details for a reliable taxi firm to take us from the port to Bruges? I tried one I found on here but it was from 2010 and I havent had a reply.

Any recent taxi info would be appriciated.

Thanks

Lindsay

The current rate using a taxi picked up at the pier is €50 one-way.

That's very heavy for a journey of about 10 miles, but some seat 6 to 7 people and they can drop you in the centre of town (Grotemarkt / Belfry).You can arrange for the same driver to return for you at an agreed time.

Train costs under €6 return pp, but you need to get to Blankenburge station - about 3 miles from the port, most cruise lines lay on a shuttle - and trains run only once per hour. Then easy 15 min walk to the centre of Bruges.

Ship's transfer buses to Bruges also involve an easy 15 - 20 min walk because they're not allowed in the centre of Bruges.

JB :)

The current rate using a taxi picked up at the pier is €50 one-way.

That's very heavy for a journey of about 10 miles, but some seat 6 to 7 people and they can drop you in the centre of town (Grotemarkt / Belfry).You can arrange for the same driver to return for you at an agreed time.

Train costs under €6 return pp, but you need to get to Blankenburge station - about 3 miles from the port, most cruise lines lay on a shuttle - and trains run only once per hour. Then easy 15 min walk to the centre of Bruges.

Ship's transfer buses to Bruges also involve an easy 15 - 20 min walk because they're not allowed in the centre of Bruges.

Hi thanks for this. As my mum has trouble with mobility and public transport Im afraid this isnt an option which is why we are looking at a taxi. So need some information on them.

Thanks

Lindsay

Last time I was there the port security were not letting pre-booked taxis in to the port area it'self until the people who booked them called the driver to say they were ready. It seemed to depend who was on the port gate on the day as other times the taxi has been waiting at the ship. So if you book one and get off the ship and it's not there, call the taxi company (remember to take the number with you) and let them know you are ready and the taxi will then come for you.

Hi thanks for this. As my mum has trouble with mobility and public transport Im afraid this isnt an option which is why we are looking at a taxi. So need some information on them.

Thanks

Lindsay

Sorry, Lindsay, no suggestions who to pre-book with - which I guess is what you're seeking.

If there's just two of you, a pre-booked taxi will be expensive. But if it's the same or less than the €50 e/w wanted by those lined-up at the pier you should be able to find sharers via your RollCall, or on the ship, or on the pier. But Dave's post might put the cat among the pigeons for finding sharers on the pier- the restriction might be to prevent un-booked taxis from infiltrating the lucrative hire-at-the-pier cartel

Most folk on the ship will be heading for Bruges, a fair number by taxi & sharing a taxi with other cruisers on the pier is the norm. So if you don't pre-book, be amongst the first to disembark & find one of the bigger taxis - they all charge the same rate, so a six-seater is cheaper per head than a four-seater.

Ship's transfer coach isn't too bad with mobility issues - pick up is right by the ship, same as taxis. From the drop-off in Bruges there's a frequent little shuttlebus to the centre, costs about €1

• 4 weeks later...

We used this lot the weekend before last and they were perfect, on time and picked us up at pre arranged times.

Vanja Hurtecant

Taxi Snel

Brugse Taxi Service

Hoefijzerlaan 9

8000 Brugge

Tel: 050 36 36 49

GSM: 0478 35 35 35

Fax: 050 37 37 20

info@taxisnel.be

http://www.taxisnel.be

We had 2, 8 sweater minibuses which reduced the cost considerably but they do smaller cars. I filled four seats from a roll call on here and got the last 2 people quayside which was great?

Incidentally when we got of the ship I went to another minibus taxi 5 mins before our scheduled pick up to ask if he was 'Bruges taxi service' only for him to tell me that they no longer existed and had gone bankrupt! He said get in and I will take you!! The lengths that some people will go to eh?

If you need any help let me know.

Seven tenths of the world is covered in sea - that's a lot of cruising to do!

• 2 weeks later...
What time was your pick-up and drop off with the private taxi service?

Not sure who you are asking but for us it was 9:00 am pick up & we had 3 different return times 3pm 4pm & 5 pm each van arranged with the driver

• 1 year later...
All

Does anyone have any recent contact details for a reliable taxi firm to take us from the port to Bruges? I tried one I found on here but it was from 2010 and I havent had a reply.

Any recent taxi info would be appriciated.

Thanks

Lindsay

Hello: We were very disappointed in Taxi Snel. We were there in April 2014 and wanted to be taken from the port to Brugge. We arranged for Taxi Snel to be picked up at 8:00. Pre-booked taxis can not pick up passengers at the ship. NON-prebooked taxis were available at the gangway. STRANGE. There is a free ship shuttle to the port gate.

After 3 confirming e-mails as to the pickup time. The driver STILL had 8:30 shown on his paperwork for the pickup. Compounding that mistake, the driver was 20 minutes later than that. He finally arrived at 8:50.

The dispatch office must take the blame for this rather than the driver. Not only did they mess up the pickup time, they had him making another trip that threw him another 20 minutes late.

I called the dispatch office 3 times beginning at 8:10 and was assured that a taxi would be there within 10 minutes. An obvious untruth.

This company appears to have no regard for travelers that they have trapped at the port gate with few other options.

tom

We decided to disembark one day early on a TA to Amsterdam in April on the Constellation. We also tried to pre-book a taxi because of the obvious luggage transportation issue. Fortunately for us we were told that all the taxis were booked and they could not help us. So, before disembarking we asked the Celebrity folks if there would be taxis available and were told it would not be a problem. Sure enough, right at the gangway several taxis were available and we had absolutely no difficulty reaching our rental apartment.

Hopes this helps others disembarking in Bruges.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump an old thread but this is the one that came up in my Google search and I wanted to relate our recent experience with Martin's Taxi or Taxi Martin in Bruges/Zeebrugge off the Silhouette ten days or so ago. The following is the text of the comment I put on TripAdvisor which makes it seem like very few of the taxi companies there really give a damn about their customers.

A cautionary tale of Taxi Martin in Bruges will read the same as some of the complaints of other taxi companies there. It seems like none of them have much for integrity or for their collective reputation. Taxi Martin never bothered to show up to meet our cruise ship in Zebrugge, our driver into town said he made arrangements for our group of 8 to be picked up which, of course, never materialized, a blond female driver outright lied to our faces about having arranged a ride for us when she was cornered picking up another fare and then blew us off when she was called back to have her take us. All in all, if you you're going to rely on these taxi companies in Bruges, you're risking missing your ship. Consider the train. (BTW, Taxi Georges saved us by taking half our group after the first half jumped in with another group of four). Very poor customer service.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry to bump an old thread but this is the one that came up in my Google search and I wanted to relate our recent experience with Martin's Taxi or Taxi Martin in Bruges/Zeebrugge off the Silhouette ten days or so ago. The following is the text of the comment I put on TripAdvisor which makes it seem like very few of the taxi companies there really give a damn about their customers.

A cautionary tale of Taxi Martin in Bruges will read the same as some of the complaints of other taxi companies there. It seems like none of them have much for integrity or for their collective reputation. Taxi Martin never bothered to show up to meet our cruise ship in Zebrugge, our driver into town said he made arrangements for our group of 8 to be picked up which, of course, never materialized, a blond female driver outright lied to our faces about having arranged a ride for us when she was cornered picking up another fare and then blew us off when she was called back to have her take us. All in all, if you you're going to rely on these taxi companies in Bruges, you're risking missing your ship. Consider the train. (BTW, Taxi Georges saved us by taking half our group after the first half jumped in with another group of four). Very poor customer service.

We recently had similar experience with Martin's Taxi. They can't pick you up at ship but very confusing as to pick up point. It was pouring the morning we arrived so that didn't help. I called twice and they also said they were on their way.

It seems they overbook times, take people into town and return for next pick ups. When we finally got our ride there was no sign indicating our name we just grabbed it. Also you pay for the first half when you arrive in Bruge and hope they will be back to pick you up at appointed time. Our guy was on time we were at meeting point early just in case. another group had been waiting for same company for their return for 45 minutes.

don't know what the answer is because all companies seemed to be the same.

We are returning next year and not sure what we will do. A lot of the companies are sold out way early.

• 9 months later...

We used Martins taxis on 4th July 2016. They were waiting for us at the port gates as arranged at exactly the correct time and they collected us as arranged in the Market place in Bruges at 1.30 to be back at the port at 2 for a 3pm departure.

We received excellent and courteous service

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We arrived in Zeebrugge yesterday on Ventura.

There was plenty of shuttles to the dock gates where plenty of 6 seater taxis were waiting.

They were quite happy fill the car with 6 'sharers' and charged 50 Euros.

They also took reservations for the return and turned up exactly on time.

Also worth noticing, taxis took you to the town square, whereas buses ( or the train) did not.