Cruise Companion

LAgranny

Some of the cruise lines USED to give you a cruise companion. You didn't know each other, the cruise line would just pair you up with someone. They stopped this because so many 'companions' couldn't get along, hated each other and being in the same cabin with a stranger just didn't work.

So, as has been said, look around you to find someone to cruise with you.

Hoping you change your mind about seeking a "stranger" as a cruise companion. Too dangerous in my opinion.

Years ago, when I did several transatlantic, you wouldn’t know who you’d be sleeping with until you got to your cabin, and then you had to decide who got the upper and who the lower bunk. Always worked out fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a vague recollection of CC once having a forum for that, but I could be mis-remembering. I would imagine there'd be some liability concerns.

Here is an article that provides some ideas for finding a travel companion: http://traveltips.usatoday.com/travel-buddy-12800.html I would imagine that it's applicable to cruising as one form of travel.

Hoping you change your mind about seeking a "stranger" as a cruise companion. Too dangerous in my opinion.

Why should OP not do something just because your opinion is that it's dangerous? If you think it's dangerous doesn't that mean that you shouldn't do it?

Google "find a cruise companion" and you will find some websites that will help you.

I met a woman on a cruise last year who was in a situation much like yours. She loved to cruise and the fact her husband did not didn't keep her from doing so. She used one of the websites and found a person to share with her many times (she had one of these roomies on the cruise where I met her). She had no problems.

• 5 months later...

I am in the same boat (;p). My better half does not have time to travel and I love to cruise. I have a cruise booked May 5-12 out of Port Canaveral and I just paid to book it as a single. That sucks so I would love find someone to pay half. I’m not looking for romance. There really needs to be a way to meet travel buddies. I have a few but they are all on a cruise with me two weeks earlier:')

I am in the same boat (;p). My better half does not have time to travel and I love to cruise. I have a cruise booked May 5-12 out of Port Canaveral and I just paid to book it as a single. That sucks so I would love find someone to pay half. I’m not looking for romance. There really needs to be a way to meet travel buddies. I have a few but they are all on a cruise with me two weeks earlier:')

I sailed solo in my early years of cruising. On my first solo cruise, I met two sisters cruising with their mother, and we struck up a friendship. Fast forward several years. One of the sisters and I now regularly travel together--cruise and land. Turns out we've very compatible travel buddies. Ya just never know....

Hi

I believe there are some websites that have people looking for traveling companions/buddies (not exclusive to cruises). I don't know how they work, so I can't recommend anything.

Obviously you aren't alone in this situation. Do some investigations on the internet, and you might find something that works for you.

Good luck...come back and tell us if you are successful

Quoting from our posting guidelines:

"The bottom line is: an ad is an ad. So, please no posting of "looking for roommate" type posts, tour shares (except in ROLL CALL threads), giveaways, ebay links, coupon books, coffee cards, etc. etc."