Live From The Star Princess Hawaiian Cruise 3/21/ to 4/5

MTJSR

princess%20logo%20san%20fran.jpg

Hello Again! This is the first of many live reports from the Star Princess as we sail for the Hawaiian Islands. This trip, I just plan to report those things I think someone about to sail might find useful. Any questions? Just ask!

March 21, 2015

Current Location: Off the coast of California

Tonights MDR Dinner Theme : Princess Dinner

Horizon Courts Outdoor Buffet: None scheduled

Dinning Room Dress Code is: Smart Casual

On Muts: at 6pm & *pm: “Take That-Live At Wembley Stadium”

Today in San Francisco there was an unusually high amount of provisions, supplies, mattresses and misc items. The Captain, Nick Nash came over the P.A. At 3:45 and said there were still about 50 pallets to be landed so we would sail at approx 5pm, which is about when we left.

Tonight we will set our clocks back 1 hour and every other night for 2 more nights we will do the same as we prepare for Honolulu time.

Entertainers onboard at this time: Steve Moris, Matthew Fallon, Cary Long, John Bresslier, Alfred & Seymour, Travis Turpin, Jacqi Michaaels, Craig Andresws.

LARGIN: Paolo has just rejoined the Star and is in the Portofino Dining Room.

Edited by MTJSR

Thanks for the reports. As my wife and I are scheduled to cruise the Star in South America early next year, we look forward to your take on the trip. Also ... because I was born in Hawaii and go back just about every year (in Kauai in May this year) we are looking forward to hearing what you decide to do on the islands.

Have a great trip.

Bon Voyage! Thanks for doing the Live.

We were excited to see Alfred and Seymour on the Emerald last month.

Ended up walking out of the show, they were terrible. :(

Love Steve Morris. :D

You had to walk out of Alfred & Seymour? Wow! We loved them on our Sapphire cruises! Saw 2 shows of theirs. Must have changed up the routine drastically

princess%20logo%20san%20fran.jpg

Hello Again! This is the first of many live reports from the Star Princess as we sail for the Hawaiian Islands. This trip, I just plan to report those things I think someone about to sail might find useful. Any questions? Just ask!

March 21, 2015

Current Location: Off the coast of California

On Muts: at 6pm & *pm: “Take That-Live At Wembley Stadium”

Today in San Francisco there was an unusually high amount of provisions, supplies, mattresses and misc items. The Captain, Nick Nash came over the P.A. At 3:45 and said there were still about 50 pallets to be landed so we would sail at approx 5pm, which is about when we left.

Tonight we will set our clocks back 1 hour and every other night for 2 more nights we will do the same as we prepare for Honolulu time.

Entertainers onboard at this time: Steve Moris, Matthew Fallon, Cary Long, John Bresslier, Alfred & Seymour, Travis Turpin, Jacqi Michaaels, Craig Andresws.

LARGIN: Paolo has just rejoined the Star and is in the Portofino Dining Room.

My DW and I were on the Star last Nov on a 15 day out of SF, and we just loved her. I hope you have as much fun as we did.

Thanks for the "Live"

It will help me get through the next 38 days till we board her :D:D

What movies are being show on MUTS & are they offering the 2 for 1 cocktails in the Wheelhouse?

Looking forward to any & all you want to share....ENJOY !!!

Thank you! We will be on the California Coastal cruise right as you get back in two weeks. Take care of the Star for us! Looking forward to your comments as we prepare to leave.

We are also on the next sailing! Cant wait to hear about her!

We will be boarding the Star Princess April 12th for a seven day California Coastal cruise. This will be our first time on this ship, so will be following your live review with interest. I'd like to know if they are offering Norman Love chocolates and desserts during your two week cruise. We enjoyed some of these delicious offerings on the Ruby in January. They were passing out chocolate pops on a stick during the champagne waterfall event, hope they have them for you. Have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by Kenosha Cruiser

Hi Mark (& Hi to your Mum too) :D

Terry & I are hoping to cruise Hawaiian style on the Star in 2016 (altho it will be from VCR) - looking forward to reading what goes on.

Regards

Sue (Panamaniacs '14/Rock Ferry!!) :)

Hi, how are you both? That Island Princess Panama cruise is still tops on my list. I love these Hawaiian cruises, but boy did we have fun on that trip!

This ship is just outstanding also. Food has been very good and the crew is just super upbeat, friendly and fun. Having a ball and making lots of cruise friends onboard. I will tell mom you are on the boards. Enjoy your cruises coming up. Mark

Tom Barton, yes you have! and you write good ones too. Nice to run into you again at the Star when the Queen Victoria was in.

To the person who asked about the deserts, yes they are here and Oh My God are they good!

princess%20logo%20at%20sea.jpg

March 22, 2015

Current Location: 1st sea day to Hilo, Hawaii

On Muts: at 10am: “Big” , at 3pm: “Top Gun” , at 5pm “Muse, Seaside Rendezvous, at 7:30: “Walk on The Wild Side” and at 8pm: “Elsa and Fred”

Hello Again! What a beautiful day at sea. We are avoiding a storm out of the north and the Captain announced he is taking a southern route to keep us in smooth water. So far so good!

Last night we had the Emmanuelle Blanco Band in the Piazza. Though quite good, they are loud. Perhaps here for those with hearing aids? :-)

Today we had our Meet and Greet/Mingle in the Skywalkers lounge. Great turnout out and always nice to see those you have chatted with for months. Captain Nash came by and was informative and funny. Always love to hear technical specifics about navigation and mechanical operations. Lots of people had questions for him. Good fun!

We had piggy backed lunch to our meet and greet, so at 11:45 we worked our way to the dining room and sat as a group which worked out very well. The head waiter was very accommodating, our advanced request made the difference thou.

Craig Andrews performed in Crooners tonight and he is quite good at performing cover tunes on the piano. Bobby Darren, Elton John and billy Joel hits I heard before leaving.

For the poker players at night, if you sit at the poker table and wait.....they will come!

Seas a little bumpy tonight, its 1am right now.

Based on tonights MDR menu selection, dinner # 2 is a good alternate dining option evening. No can't miss items!

Edited by MTJSR

Hi, how are you both? That Island Princess Panama cruise is still tops on my list. I love these Hawaiian cruises, but boy did we have fun on that trip!

Hi Mark

We're both fine thanks and yep totally agree, the Panama cruise is definitely up there on the "what a fantastic holiday" chart :D

We're actually undecided........not sure if we'll visit Hawaii via a cruise or spend 2 weeks island hopping.......this will give us a good idea about what to expect while on board.

Thanks for the info.

Have a great time

Sue :)

There have been posts from other ships that pool towels are no longer in the cabin but are available near the pools.

Do you still have the pool towels in your cabin?

We were on a cruise on the Emerald in Feb and on Crown in Jan. One had towels in the cabin (Emerald), one did not (Crown).

Consistency thy name is Princess.;)

There have been posts from other ships that pool towels are no longer in the cabin but are available near the pools.

Do you still have the pool towels in your cabin?

There are NO pool towels in my cabin on Caribe. There is however a large bin in the pool area full of rolled up towels.