Seabourn announces 2nd New Ship

CruiserKit

Many thanks for the info., Markham, and also of course for doing your best with the smoking issue.

The new ship actually sounds attractive from your descriptions, though like many of us I remain to be convinced if I want to be on a ship which holds over 600! Look forward to seeing more on the website in the New Year.

I thought that the renderings of the new build looked pretty good in particular the design of the new speciality restaurant which will feature heavily on wine and wine pairings.

Markham has explained all of the details well and a good lunch and meeting of like minded guests went very well.

John Delaney could not say what type of cuisine the new restaurant will serve as they are still talking to various well known chefs but rest assured fellow travellers Charlie Palmer is not on that list.

The design of the restaurant looks more classic and not at all brothel like as in restaurant twos red and black colour scheme.

Also the centre of the dining room will not have a flat ceiling but has a dome/vaulted look to it.

These are only renderings but I guess that they are close to what we will see perhaps with a few small changes.

I would like to thank the Seabourn TA for inviting us to what was an excellent lunch with good company and decent wine.

That reminds me I asked John Delaney if Seabourn might offer another Champagne other than the Nicco Gutrotaitte, he said that would be a good idea to be able to offer two house Champagnes and perhaps a rose would be appropriate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Although I was not seated at Jihn Delaney's lunch table and so did not hear the conversation Mr Luxury mentions above re smoking. But I did get the same sense that Mr L did about Seabourn's intention to restrict smoking further from my own brief exchange. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

Happy sailing!

How sad to see Seabourn getting bigger and bigger. Small ships for me.

Agreed.

It's either more sameness in the luxury end of the cruise line spectrum whom are all clamoring to claim differences without distinction about or...

...the economics of cruising is no longer feasible to operate an upscale cruise line with smaller ships and service as we had become accustomed to and preferred on SB.

Either way; an Odyssey class ship with an extra level of suites, expanded dining facilities to accommodate em and some new décor that is seemingly rearranging the furniture to accommodate the 150 or so extra passengers, sounds less attractive to us.

It's to us, a cruise line further morphing into something more akin to the rest of the cruise lines mass packaged product pack, than what used to distinguish SB from the herd and put em on the map in the first place.

Progress just aint what it used to be...

___‹^›__‹(•¿•)›__‹^›___

Agreed.

It's either more sameness in the luxury end of the cruise line spectrum whom are all clamoring to claim differences without distinction about or...

...the economics of cruising is no longer feasible to operate an upscale cruise line with smaller ships and service as we had become accustomed to and preferred on SB.

Either way; an Odyssey class ship with an extra level of suites, expanded dining facilities to accommodate em and some new décor that is seemingly rearranging the furniture to accommodate the 150 or so extra passengers, sounds less attractive to us.

It's to us, a cruise line further morphing into something more akin to the rest of the cruise lines mass packaged product pack, than what used to distinguish SB from the herd and put em on the map in the first place.

Progress just aint what it used to be...

___‹^›__‹(•¿•)›__‹^›___

Progress is the same, people tend to forget that it works in multiple directions:(

That reminds me I asked John Delaney if Seabourn might offer another Champagne other than the Nicco Gutrotaitte, he said that would be a good idea to be able to offer two house Champagnes and perhaps a rose would be appropriate.

Thank you for doing this. The last time we were on board, there was no house rose. The lowest price rose on the premium wine list was $100. It was not very good for the price point.

Be well

Pete

[quote name=

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/quote]

My thanks MR. luxury, I am not a fan of the NF and I gather that it has been on offer for some years now, so surely a change is overdue. It may sound cynical but I can't help but wonder if it's very unpopularity which is the reason for its longevity - just think how much SB must save!;)

• 4 weeks later...

Well not convinced anymore by Seabourn. Regret very much that the "real" Seabourns Spirit, Pride...are gone. 208 passengers is quite different.

With 600 passengers they are in the smaller midsize, but then there are others. Le Ponant for exemple with 264 pax max and now also all in is certainly an excellent alternative to Seabourn

And a gamble if you are not French.

My parents-in-law are French and hated Le Ponant, tried it twice on two different ships! There again, they're big fans of Silversea so perhaps their taste should be called into question :D

By the way, I don't think we met on Sojourn. I'm probably going to start a separate thread sharing my thoughts about it, but overall I very much enjoyed it, even though I was travelling semi solo.

My parents-in-law are French and hated Le Ponant, tried it twice on two different ships! There again, they're big fans of Silversea so perhaps their taste should be called into question :D

By the way, I don't think we met on Sojourn. I'm probably going to start a separate thread sharing my thoughts about it, but overall I very much enjoyed it, even though I was travelling semi solo.

I keep a low profile Nigella,normally in the gym every afternoon.

Met with Henry,Brian and Collette.

You must have hid,although I did see people on the last few days of the trip that I had not seen before.

Funny really as it is such a small ship that you can lose yourself.

I enjoyed it but I concluded that SA is best seen from a land based trip and not from various ports.