Celebrity Summit to Bermuda 8/28/16

MisterMet

Thanks for your review! It was nice reliving some of my memories of the Summit(I was on the same cruise in May) and the always gorgeous Bermuda; you are correct, she is a "Goldilocks" ship! It's too bad you missed out on meeting Capt. Kate(if you have Instagram, add her and check out some of her vacation photos from that time, they are really nice), however Capt Alex is a terrific leader, and the rest of the crew and staff are just as fantastic.

The Summit is to be decommissioned in 2018 or 2019? This is the first I've heard about a definite year, and while I look forward to the new Edge class, I will definitely savor my Canada/New England cruise on her next year.

Thanks for your review! It was nice reliving some of my memories of the Summit(I was on the same cruise in May) and the always gorgeous Bermuda; you are correct, she is a "Goldilocks" ship! It's too bad you missed out on meeting Capt. Kate(if you have Instagram, add her and check out some of her vacation photos from that time, they are really nice), however Capt Alex is a terrific leader, and the rest of the crew and staff are just as fantastic.

The Summit is to be decommissioned in 2018 or 2019? This is the first I've heard about a definite year, and while I look forward to the new Edge class, I will definitely savor my Canada/New England cruise on her next year.

Thank you for your kind reply.Yes, we were a little bummed when we weren't going to meet Kate, but soon realized we were in very good hands with Captain Alex. He and the officers were a blast and very, very helpful.[emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

An excellent read! Thank you, especially for the crisp photos-she's a very nicely appointed ship indeed.

I haven't sailed on an M class yet but I've kinda promised the Connie the first dance.

Cheers!

Norris

By the time it's decomissioned the rennovations likely will be 3-4 years old.

They did not really do that much, even though they said they spent a ton of money, not sure where it went. They changed (downgraded) Normandie to Tuscan Grille, added the Roof Top Terrace, which after 2 cruises we have only been up there once, ruined the Thallosotherapy Pool area and updated some suites (which we will never see).

Just curious..what did they do to the T pool area?

We enjoyed Summit RT Hawaii and the Caribbean. By the time of our Bermuda cruise much of the soft goods were very worn and saggy and the ship had lost its luster. Still enjoyed the service, food etc. Have not been on her since the new changes mostly because she goes from San Juan alot

...Connie is in fine shape but aging, and we have 2 booked on Infinity. But after that....maybe no more M class for us...

AND

Thanks to OP for the nice review....enjoyed it!

Edited by hcat

An excellent read! Thank you, especially for the crisp photos-she's a very nicely appointed ship indeed.

I haven't sailed on an M class yet but I've kinda promised the Connie the first dance.

Cheers!

Norris

I'm glad you liked my review. I have no idea how my pics of the bathroom come out sideways on my laptop and right side up on my ipad?

Kind of like you, we've not been on a Solstice class ship yet, but now the Equinox has summer sailings out of Miami. We booked her for a Caribbean 7 night(we haven't decided Western or Eastern) in the summer of 2018 while we were on board the Summit. We again went with the GO BEST promo and love the fact it only costs us $100 ea deposit. :)

We are booked on the 12 night British Isles with Dublin overnight on 9/10/17 on the Caribbean Princess with some friends. We want to spend time ahead of it in London as my wife is a huge fan of all things Royal Family. The tour through Italy and the Emerald Western Med. were a 50th birthday present I gave to myself. The British Isles cruise is a present for my wife's 55th. Any suggestions or advice you may have would be greatly appreciated. :D:D

Thanks for checking out the review and I'm really enjoying your latest adventure your're leading us through on the Star Princess!

Trip

Just curious..what did they do to the T pool area?

We enjoyed Summit RT Hawaii and the Caribbean. By the time of our Bermuda cruise much of the soft goods were very worn and saggy and the ship had lost its luster. Still enjoyed the service, food etc. Have not been on her since the new changes mostly because she goes from San Juan alot

...Connie is in fine shape but aging, and we have 2 booked on Infinity. But after that....maybe no more M class for us...

AND

Thanks to OP for the nice review....enjoyed it!

They took the corner jets out of the pool and removed 50% of the loungers and replaced them with tables and chairs so now there is never any availability to relax unless you go up at 7 am and camp out.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
I'm glad you liked my review. I have no idea how my pics of the bathroom come out sideways on my laptop and right side up on my ipad?

Kind of like you, we've not been on a Solstice class ship yet, but now the Equinox has summer sailings out of Miami. We booked her for a Caribbean 7 night(we haven't decided Western or Eastern) in the summer of 2018 while we were on board the Summit. We again went with the GO BEST promo and love the fact it only costs us $100 ea deposit. :)

We are booked on the 12 night British Isles with Dublin overnight on 9/10/17 on the Caribbean Princess with some friends. We want to spend time ahead of it in London as my wife is a huge fan of all things Royal Family. The tour through Italy and the Emerald Western Med. were a 50th birthday present I gave to myself. The British Isles cruise is a present for my wife's 55th. Any suggestions or advice you may have would be greatly appreciated. :D:D

Thanks for checking out the review and I'm really enjoying your latest adventure your're leading us through on the Star Princess!

Trip

Trip, I haven't been in London since 1994 before the skyline began to take on an American appearance but it was a dizzying city to live and work in during my total of 14 years there previously. You could spend days just enjoying the parks, weather permitting of course. Days just seeing the museums and galleries. Days shopping. Days relaxing in pubs near the river. Concerts, opera, rock music clubs. Just wandering the streets is fun. A day trip to Windsor would be great for your wife.

My first professional driving lesson was in London and I was thrown into the thick of the traffic in Hyde Park Corner and Piccadilly Circus. My instructor was a very funny (but sadistic) Indian guy and I had to laugh at how insane it was. But I passed my test (very rigorous in the UK) in record time and he put my driving record up in his school window as testimony to his methods. Baptism by fire but it has served me well as I just love to drive ever since. I wouldn't recommend renting a car unless you have driven there before.

A boat trip on the Thames is great. So many dining options. If you like Indian food it is the city for you (I pigged-out for years). The London Eye, Houses of Parliament...the city is overwhelming in what it offers so I can't suggest an itinerary. Scubacruiserx2 (Joe) has some great London pics in one of his Baltic reviews.

Planning and researching is fun, though exhausting, but pays off big time.

I envy you 12 days on the Caribbean Princess in Europe.

Norris

Yes, for 2017 and 2018. The New Ships do not start coming out until the end of 2018, so I doubt any ships will start being decomissioned until 2019.

Agree, we had a big thread on the Summit being "decommissioned" and it is nothing but rumor. Celebrity's rumor mill is absolutely horrible and always has been. We have had people in the past quoting Captains on what will happen on their own ships and it never came true. Don't believe anything until you see a press release.

Thanks Norris for your suggestions and the link to check out. Started doing some preliminary planning(we ordered Rick Steves' London 2017 book and scoped out a few areas to stay). The good news for me is that it'll all be up to my wife as to where we go and what we see. I'll do the leg work but the decisions are hers.[emoji3]. Thanks for getting back to me. I know you've been busy![emoji3][emoji3]✌️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Trip

We have been on this cruise twice in the last couple of years--(Infinity 2014 and Caribbean Princess 2016). Both times,before the cruise, we spent 2-3 days in London.

The # 1 suggestion--We teamed up with 2 other couples and booked a Black Cab Tour of London--You are the boss as far as what you want to see and go.

The driver narrated the entire tour. When we got to a site,we would get out and he would walk with us and narrate and answer any question.

We saw Buckingham Palace--plus all the other houses where the royal family members stay while in London.++++

If you want, during the cruise--we could meet and I can tell you more of our experience in London and other ports.

Some we visited on both cruises --

This private tour is the ONLY way to go --

My name is John McGinness cabin#8121