Makeup remover

I use Almay makeup remover pads to remove my eye makeup. They make two kinds, I use the one that is oil based, it works well to remove mascara and eyeliner. I just use a washcloth and Loreal Age Defying face wash and H20 for the rest.

I use the Almay too--the oil based really works for waterproof mascara. For cruises I put the amount I'll need, plus a few extra, in a tiny ziplock bag. I also take a small pack of wipes for my face, but don't have a favorite yet.

I recently got a small bottle of Lancome eye make-up remover as a bonus and finally threw it away; it didn't take the mascara off easily at all--even their own mascara!

The facial wipes are amazing for traveling - I use them when we go camping (glamping) in the RV to clean my face in the mornings.

I just discovered a new amazing makeup remover (I only wear eye makeup): Estee Lauder Take It Away Lotion. They gave me a sample in a tiny little jar and it worked so well that I bought the big blue bottle of the lotion.

I'm going on a 3-day, 2-night business trip next week so will fill up that little tiny jar they gave me and take with.

Well, I heard some of you sing the praises of Micellar water for your evening wash to remove makeup. I got some from Caudalie (a very nice French line that I've used some other items from ) in a sample from Sephora. Well, I'm sitting here an hour later with my face and neck very itchy and burning. And, it did nothing to take off my eye makeup (eye primer, Urban Decay shadow and Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner). I guess I'll stick with my Sephora Waterproof eye makeup remover and my Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser.

Just another tale that some things will not work well for some...

Slidergirl. Thanks for that info! Sorry you're itchy. I'll know not to try Micellar water

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You might still want to try it? Just because someone else reacted badly does not mean you would? And of course different brands might be formulated differently? I have used bioderma and now using laroche posay and have had no reactions....

I've used Caudalie products for awhile - I love their Vinoperfect line. This was their first product that I had an issue with after using. It was a sample (in a gift pack with some other Vinoperfect product I got with points), otherwise I would not have gone out and bought some to try. Different things react on different people. I was just one that micellar cleaning water did not work for. Even if it had, the fact that it did nothing to remove the eye liner was enough to just stay with my usual regimen.

You might still want to try it? Just because someone else reacted badly does not mean you would? And of course different brands might be formulated differently? I have used bioderma and now using laroche posay and have had no reactions....

I won't use it as I also wear Urban Decay eye makeup. If this item didn't take off that specific makeup then I'll save my money

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
Well, I heard some of you sing the praises of Micellar water for your evening wash to remove makeup. I got some from Caudalie (a very nice French line that I've used some other items from ) in a sample from Sephora. Well, I'm sitting here an hour later with my face and neck very itchy and burning. And, it did nothing to take off my eye makeup (eye primer, Urban Decay shadow and Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner). I guess I'll stick with my Sephora Waterproof eye makeup remover and my Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser.

Just another tale that some things will not work well for some...

I hate the Caudalie micellar water! The Garnier is far superior! Only drugstore product I use. I normally love Caudalie, but they missed the mark on the micellar water.

Edited by Chigirlcruzin

• 3 months later...

I use Oil of Olay Daily Clean 4-in-1 Water Activated Cleansing cloths along with a little bit of Oil of Olay Gentle Foaming Cleanser. This works great for me, and it even removes my mascara. My face feels soft and clean afterwards. I do this routine in the morning and night and I always follow each wash with a light gel moisturizer by Garnier.

Don't laugh but after trying all kinds of things cheap and not so cheap...I have stuck with good old fashion Ponds cold cream! Takes off my water proof eyeliner and ( when I use it) water proof mascara plus all the powder make up and eyeshadow. I just take a small scoop with my fingers and rub it all over my face ( best part doesn't burn or irritate my sensitive eyes) then I take a warm wet wash cloth and wipe it off. When I cruise I wipe it off my eyes with a tissue so I don't stain their wash cloths then go over the rest of my face with the wash cloth. Leaves my skin soft and clean.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Didn't take the time to read all four pages to see if they had been mentioned already, but I'm a fan of the Makeup Eraser Cloth. I have no idea how it works, but it does a pretty nice job with no chemicals/products required. You just wet a section of the cloth with warm water, and wipe your face. I start with my cheeks/forehead/nose/chin/etc.. and do my eyes last. It's awesome when traveling, and to be honest, I use it at home too because I'm usually lazy about wanting to take my makeup off.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know a good mainline makeup remover? The one that is the same brand as the makeup I use doesn't really work well. It doesn't bother me at home since I use colored washcloths, but I don't like to get the white ones they use on ships and hotels stained.

Thanks,

Kathy

I don't use makeup wipes because my experience is that they leave product behind and also sting my sensitive skin. I totally get what you're saying about staining the washcloths; I find that embarrassing. Now I just take a dark washcloth with me and use Philosophy facial cleaner and makeup remover.