Hop on hop off tour

minniegidget

I might be going to Key West on Carnival in Aug. I was looking at buying tickets ahead of time for the hop on hop off tour. Is there a stop by where the ships docks. My sister can not walk far so this tour would be great if there is a stop not far from the pier. Also should I buy the tickets ahead of time or can I buy them when we get off the ship?

You can purchase ticks on-line here and there is also information about the tour and where to buy tickets in Key West here ---> http://www.trolleytours.com/key-west/cruise-ships.asp

That location is down a small street at the base of the wrecker's Museum so it's pretty easy to find. It's not very far but can depend on where your ship docks.

Pjk

I suggest you also consider City View Trolleys instead of the link above. The tours cost less then Old Town Trolley and covers all the areas of interest in Old Town. I think this is a better alternative for a one day cruise ship visitor.

http://www.cityviewtrolleys.com/keywest/

I could not agree more.

Mike:)

There is a Groupon for the Cityview tours, $36 for two. BUT if you download the APP onto your phone, you get $10 off your first $30 purchase. The discount should show up automatically at checkout making it $26 or $13 per person. Not a bad deal :-)

Edited by mavfan

I haven't gotten of the ship in Key West since my first cruise in 2008. I used to live in Miami so been to Key West often. At that time RCCL didn't have shuttle, we were at Pier B. I don't know which Pier we docked at in December but I know HAL did have the trolley's coming by the ship to get people, I saw them from the ship and if I had known I might have gotten off, like you sister I have difficulty with distance walking....not so much the getting off...it's getting off the ship, enjoying the port then getting back to the ship.

• 1 month later...
I suggest you also consider City View Trolleys instead of the link above. The tours cost less then Old Town Trolley and covers all the areas of interest in Old Town. I think this is a better alternative for a one day cruise ship visitor.

http://www.cityviewtrolleys.com/keywest/

Other than price, can you explain why you think it's a better choice, please?

Other than price, can you explain why you think it's a better choice, please?

I will give one of the reasons I recommend them other than their better price. Their equipment is all new and the seats are padded as opposed to the hard wooden seats of Old Town Trolleys.

I also think the fact that the tour stays in Old Town is better for one day visitors. It makes the most of your limited time on the island, and you really are not missing much by skipping New Town, other then strip malls and car dealers, in my opinion.

Yes, I'm leaning toward the Cityview Trolley now. I think I read somewhere we may be able to find coupons in the hotels when we get off the ship. So I'm not going to pre-book online.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for posting trixiegal! I booked this cruise last minute so I feel "behind the eight ball" and dont' have enough time to research, explore and plan like I usually would. You have been a HUGE help! THANK YOU!!! :D

No problemo! I just booked a month ago and have been obsessing on CC and TripAdvisor. We all have to spread the wealth of knowledge. Don't know if I would've ever gone on a Carnival cruise without reading all these threads. Glad I did!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

ok i might be missing something.. I was looking at the web site for the trolly tour and its lists that City view is 19.00 pp so that groupon is saving only 1.00 the %off is based on the other company's price

• 3 weeks later...
You can purchase ticks on-line here and there is also information about the tour and where to buy tickets in Key West here ---> http://www.trolleytours.com/key-west/cruise-ships.asp

That location is down a small street at the base of the wrecker's Museum so it's pretty easy to find. It's not very far but can depend on where your ship docks.

Pjk

That is how we did it ..

FYI - Cityviewtrolleys.com is currently selling the tickets for $9.00 / adult ticket and $8.00 / military, senior and student. Children 12 and under are free. It did not state any expiration dates.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

FYI - Cityviewtrolleys.com is currently selling the tickets for $9.00 / adult ticket and $8.00 / military, senior and student. Children 12 and under are free. It did not state any expiration dates.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Where did you see that?

Could you be looking at the discount and not the price?

Just bought the City View trolley tour through Groupon and right now if you put the code LOCAL10 in at checkout you get 10% off. Tickets for 2 cost $32. The groupon expires in 180 days. I think this is a great buy, almost half the cost of the one the ships are offering. Does anyone know what time the first trolley leaves?