CUNARD - Defence Force Benefit - OBC

For those who don't know, Cunard offers serving and retired Australian Defence Force men and women up to US$250 OBC. Just got $250 for our QM2 cruise in March. Buys a few vinos.

That's handy to know, thanks NSWP. Do you (or anybody else in Aus/NZ Forum) if there are any other lines that recognise or give discount to ADF & NZDF pers serving or retired? Most that I have looked up or followed on their websites only talk about or recognise US military and or sometimes Canadian service pers.

Cheers

JDH

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Princess Cruises offers an OBC for military personnel. A friend, former Royal Australian Navy receives OBC when he cruises Princess. Next time I'm speaking with him I'll check what paperwork he provides. Then again, a phone call to Princess would answer your question joandian.

Edited by LC1950

Princess Cruises offers an OBC for military personnel. A friend, former Royal Australian Navy receives OBC when he cruises Princess. Next time I'm speaking with him I'll check what paperwork he provides. Then again, a phone call to Princess would answer your question joandian.

Indeed had muchas Military OBC from Princess, inc US$250 for Island Princess in Nov/Dec.

That's handy to know, thanks NSWP. Do you (or anybody else in Aus/NZ Forum) if there are any other lines that recognise or give discount to ADF & NZDF pers serving or retired? Most that I have looked up or followed on their websites only talk about or recognise US military and or sometimes Canadian service pers.

Cheers

JDH

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

For Australian/NZ retired/serving Defence people...Cunard, P&O Australia, Carnival, Princess. P&O UK World Cruises will not give it to you unless you served in Brit Forces and are a UK Citizen/Resident. Not sure of others.

Edited by NSWP

For Australian/NZ retired/serving Defence people...Cunard, P&O Australia, Carnival, Princess. Not sure of others.

Thanks, so it looks like that RCI and subsidiaries don't for AS/NZ DF pers

Sent from my iPhone -

typos are inspired by fat fingers!

Good to know. Thanks! What paperwork do you have to provide?

Certificate of Service or letter from Army/Navy/RAAF Personnel Records stating service dates/Service No. Or Defence Force pension details. I was in the Army Reserve (6 years), way back, but good enough. Have a look at Princess site, tells you what you need, then you Post/fax or E Mail Carnival Australia.

With the Carnival Group companies, once you submit your record of service etc, it is on file and is automatically added to your next cruise without re submitting your paper work to them.

Edited by NSWP

Certificate of Service or letter from Army/Navy/RAAF Personnel Records stating service dates/Service No. Or Defence Force pension details. I was in the Army Reserve (6 years), way back, but good enough. Have a look at Princess site, tells you what you need, then you Post/fax or E Mail Carnival Australia.

With the Carnival Group companies, once you submit your record of service etc, it is on file and is automatically added to your next cruise without re submitting your paper work to them.

A few people are reporting that lately they have had to lodge each cruise.

Thanks for that. We have been RCI/Celebrity cruisers but you never know when we might change. The Husband was a submariner for 10 years and also served in the UK for a year on an exchange/training scheme.

Jo

That's strange because my Uncle said he got it on his P&O UK cruise.

Mr Gut....P&O UK did give it at one time to Australian residents who had served in the Brit Forces, i.e. Migrants. They changed the rules last year, after Uncle Les took them on at CEO level. In 2012 and 2015 I got obc on Arcadia/Aurora/Oriana as up until last year they only stipulated serving or retired Brit Forces, not UK Citizen/Resident. I served 3 years in the British Regular Army, 63-66 before migrating to OZ. In OZ I served 6 years with the Army Reserve, 67-73. I am not a UK Citizen or resident. 50 years an Aussie and proud of it !!

Edited by NSWP

A few people are reporting that lately they have had to lodge each cruise.

Mr Gut, I have corro from Princess and Cunard, that once you have lodged your documents re Defence service, they are on file and obc is automatically applied to your cruise, again, a recent policy. Something the North Americans have had for years.

Edited by NSWP

Mr Gut, I have corro from Princess and Cunard, that once you have lodged your documents re Defence service, they are on file and obc is automatically applied to your cruise, again, a recent policy. Something the North Americans have had for years.

I have similar coro as well Les, unfortunately their computers don't seem to pick up on it always :rolleyes: however I can just let my PCC know with a phone call that it is missing and she adds it without paperwork because as you say it is in the system. Just sometimes you still have to give them a prompt......

I have similar coro as well Les, unfortunately their computers don't seem to pick up on it always :rolleyes: however I can just let my PCC know with a phone call that it is missing and she adds it without paperwork because as you say it is in the system. Just sometimes you still have to give them a prompt......

That's what I've been hearing too.

I don't qualify, I was in Dept of Defence not any of the branches. But as a result know many military.

Good for you and many others I suspect.:D

I would imagine they would have teething problems, I wouldn't be surprised if they always favour them of course.:rolleyes:

That's what I've been hearing too.

I don't qualify, I was in Dept of Defence not any of the branches. But as a result know many military.

Re Princess Military OBC, when I booked Island Princess this year, direct with Princess, as I do, Military OBC was automatically added on my cruise personaliser, without further correspondence so my certificate of service is on file.

Mr Gut, you were a 'civvie' in Defence Dept? It is unfortunate you don't qualify, you had to have served in uniform, Army, RAN, RAAF.

Edited by NSWP

Re Princess Military OBC, when I booked Island Princess this year, direct with Princess, as I do, Military OBC was automatically added on my cruise personaliser, without further correspondence so my certificate of service is on file.

Mr Gut, you were a 'civvie' in Defence Dept? It is unfortunate you don't qualify, you had to have served in uniform, Army, RAN, RAAF.

I'm not complaining Les, though there were times when I felt like it. Worked on the same bases, all over the place. Was accountable to the same people, expected to maintain the same standards (especially when living on base) but held a position with the same authority as a Squadron Leader, got paid less than a Cpl.

Last few years I've done some legal work for them at times, same work as a Group Capt, paid about the same as a Sgt Reservist, but I choose to do it so can't complain.

Because of my back they won't have me as a reservist, but happy to get me in as a consultant.