Booked Past Guest rate: When is cabin assigned?

Eeyoregon

I just booked 2 Past Guest guarantee cabins. When will we find out cabin locations? Do they ever tell you before hand or is it a surprise on embarkation day?

Thanks!

Gina

Edited by Eeyoregon

There's no definitive answer. I had to wait until I arrived at the terminal to get my assignment. The porters have a manifest with the cabin #'s. They write up luggage tags with the cabin # so don't worry about the pre-printed luggage tags. All that said, you may be assigned a cabin beforehand. Just keep checking your online boarding pass to see if a cabin # shows.

for the guarantees we've typically booked pretty close in, within 2-3 months. that said, we've typically received our cabin assignments within a week for those guarantee bookings. i've never had an 'at the port' assignment.

It seems lately that most are being assigned about one month out. To the person that said they haven't been assigned yet and it's single digits -- that is late!

We were guarantee on the Glory in July 2012, and got our cabin assignment about 3 weeks out. We had a decent room deck 7, forward section.

I also have a guarantee for my October cruise. Can't wait to find out what cabin we will get!

We are thinking about doing this for a Christmas cruise. How does it turn out for you? Do you always get bad rooms or what? Thanks

We have both got good cabins & less desirable cabins. So it is the luck of the draw really. We nowadays always choose the cabin we want. Even though it may cost more, you will know your cabin will be at the location on the deck that you will be happy with.

We are sailing on November 14 from Sydney on Carnival Legend, we made our final payment on Saturday and got our cabin assigned today, we've ended up with an extended balcony so very excited because we've only ever booked ocean view and decided to take a chance and book a guaranteed balcony.

We are thinking about doing this for a Christmas cruise. How does it turn out for you? Do you always get bad rooms or what? Thanks

I will report back!

My situation was that I was going to be sharing a cabin with my ex-husband and sons, ages 18 and 21. This is my youngest sons graduation gift. His Dad is super anti cruise based solely on media representation.

My sons have been cruising with me since they were 8 and 11. The only wish from my son was that his Dad would please, please, please go. Of course the money excuses kept rolling in from his Dad...entirely different story.

Fast forward: I convince him to go. We all share a cabin and he just pays his rate and I pay for the 3 of us. Yep, willing to do it for my son. We snagged an inside cabin with the window at the front of the ship. Done.

Then a few days ago Carnival offered the past guest rate where they choose the cabin. For $20 LESS than our window interior cabin, we can have TWO cabins :D. No brainer for this chick!!! Little nervous about what cabins we will end up with but happy to have 2 bathrooms plus no one has to climb up into a bunk, which is a bonus since I can't due to knee surgeries and both boys are 6 feet 2 inches, lol.

It will be an adventure.

Gina

We booked inside guarantee on Monday for the Victory leaving next Thursday. We got our cabin assignment yesterday (the next day). We paid $631 for 4-day inside guarantee. They booked us in 7302 which would have been $847 if we picked it ourselves.:D They also took us off of the waitlist for late dining and confirmed it. It could be because we are platinum which could also be the reason for the cabin on Empress deck.

We booked an inside room on Monday 8/18 on the Sunshine leaving 8/31 for a 5 day cruise. Price for past guest was $169pp:eek:, totaled $520 with taxes. Can't beat $100 per day. The room # was on our luggage tags when I printed them the next day. Deck 3, although I think the room is below the Liquid Lounge, we have earplugs & we'll leave the TV on if its too loud. We tend to be sound sleepers, but we'll see if letting them pick the room will work out.:rolleyes: But really, a last minute cruise for that price...cheap!

Addicted to cruising...what can you do!!:D

Penny

Today I'm 31 days from sailing on the Pride and my balcony guarantee room was assigned this morning (8K). This early assignment took me by surprise, as I booked a balcony guarantee in February on the same ship and received the room assignment (8D) just 3 days before sailing, however, that cruise was booked at the last minute--less than 2 weeks out.

Edited by nodogkisses