Vista Questions

stephaniekleinn

Hi All, I've been loyal to royal for some time now but have decided to dip my toe back in the Carnival waters (so to speak). We booked the Vista for March 2017, I'm curious about the following:

1. Do we book the shows? The bigger ships on RCCL make you book show times prior to your sailing

2. Do we book the special items like Skyride before we board?

What else should I be doing before I board as far as booking things go?

Thanks Everyone!

Stephanie

Hi All, I've been loyal to royal for some time now but have decided to dip my toe back in the Carnival waters (so to speak). We booked the Vista for March 2017, I'm curious about the following:

1. Do we book the shows? The bigger ships on RCCL make you book show times prior to your sailing

Thanks Everyone!

Stephanie

No pre-booking of shows, no booking of sky ride. The Steakhouse and certain excursions are the most common pre booking items.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are also booked for the Vista in March and I am wondering about seating arrangements in the mdr. We did sign up for early seating but is there anywhere to request to be seated with others or alone? I remember in years past you could and even request table size and they tried to match you with similar aged fellow passengers.

• 3 months later...
We are booked for March 11!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm also booked on this cruise and the one following. In your online manager there is a place to request the size table you would like. If you can't do it online, you can check with the matire'de when you board. His times will be listed in the Funtimes paper.

I'm also booked on this cruise and the one following. In your online manager there is a place to request the size table you would like. If you can't do it online, you can check with the matire'de when you board. His times will be listed in the Funtimes paper.

No table size option on Carnival. Celebrity (and probably others as well) do, but not Carnival [emoji853].

I just wanted to brag- we're booked both March 11 & 25 :p

On a side note given that all dining times went to wait list for the sailings quite some time ahead- it will probably be difficult getting a table to yourselves as looking at the dining room set up for set times there are few 2 tops. But then again my wife says I'm wrong often

We are also booked for the Vista in March and I am wondering about seating arrangements in the mdr. We did sign up for early seating but is there anywhere to request to be seated with others or alone? I remember in years past you could and even request table size and they tried to match you with similar aged fellow passengers.

You typically confirm your table the first night of your cruise.

I wrote the Maitre D' on the Vista to request a private table for my wife and I, as we have steakhouse reservations the first night and won't be in the MDR.

We are booked for the Vista on 3/25/17! Which dates are you guys cruising in March?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Glad to see you will be joining me and others on this cruise. You will have a blast.

The only arrangements that may need to be made early are specialty dining (Chef's Table, Steakhouse, etc.) and excursions. They are for fee.....and you can also do it once you board.

We have a group on the other site that starts with F and ends with what rhymes with cook. Over 300 members and a wealth of info.

Don't forget to sign up for Cruise Critic meet and mingle.

Can't wait....36 days and counting.

I just wanted to brag- we're booked both March 11 & 25 :p

On a side note given that all dining times went to wait list for the sailings quite some time ahead- it will probably be difficult getting a table to yourselves as looking at the dining room set up for set times there are few 2 tops. But then again my wife says I'm wrong often

there are quite a few tables for two people but mind you its separated by mere inches from the other two tables on either side.

and dont let them sqeeze you to a table either. Poor family behind us 6 people crammed at a table for 4 people. 2 people on the ends.

We were on the Vista in January. I suggest going on the Sky Ride & Ropes Course right away while you're still at port in Miami. That was when we found the shortest lines. The first sea day these were closed due to high winds so that can add to the congestion later in on the cruise.

Thanks Everyone!

Stephanie

No and no.

Thanks Everyone!

Stephanie

Shows are at set times, posted in the Funtimes you get the night before, usually 8 and 10 and multiple nights so if you miss it one night there is usually a good chance the show will repeat later in the cruise. I do suggest getting there early since I've heard the theater has a lot of spots with really bad views, especially on the upper level.

For Skyride, you wait in line. There are only 4 cars so the lines get long. I've heard of people waiting up to an hour in line, especially on a sea day. I would try to go while everyone is in port, if it's open.

The only things you need to worry about booking ahead of time are specialty dining (although I would suggest waiting until you can see the menus), shore excursions, spa treatments, and any beverage plans you might be getting. The Cheers plan costs $5 per person per day less than if you wait and purchase it on the ship. But anything that does require a reservation also doesn't NEED to be booked in advance if you don't want to. On one of my cruises I was able to make same day reservations for 6pm at both the steakhouse and Cucina del Capitano so I don't think they always necessarily sell out every night.

I don't believe there is a way to make these requests prior to cruising anymore. Most people try to talk to the maitre'd on embarkation day to try to make changes and some people hit up John Heald on FB, but configurations are planned in advance. If you want a table for two I suggest YTD. I know a lot of people hate the new system but on my last cruise we were able to get private 4 person tables by the window every night. On the nights our traveling companions didn't join us for dinner we got a table for two. I do wish they would try to match passengers based on age groups. I would be more likely to do the seated dining if I didn't have to be worried about getting seated with people I have nothing in common with