shore excurtions ?

clyde92367

I have never cruised so unsure how this works so any and all advice helpful and educational to me so bring it on.

I am strongly thinking about going on royal caribbean Liberty of the Seas ship

when you go on a shore excurtion do you need to take your passport , id and some cash with you ? Also the safe in the room when do they dive you the combination or is it a key they give you and does putting your extra cash in there for tips does using the safe cost extra if you use it ? And if you go swimming or snorkeling on your shore excurtion where do you put your passport and credit card and cash you cant go and get those wet do they have safes there to rent? feel free to share any and all advice thanks

There are numerous threads about passports...Some people prefer to leave it in the safe and carry a copy. They are afraid it will be stolen. I never leave the ship without mine.

I can't speak for Liberty otS, but the in cabin safes either open with a credit card type card...an expired gift card will do...or with a combination that you set yourself.

There is no charge to use the safe.

There are waterproof pouches and containers that you can buy to hold your cash, cards passport, etc. EM

We keep our passports in the safe.

You will need your ship's ID (Sign & Sail as it is known on some cruise lines) as well as a photo ID -- we use our driver's license for this. Most ports don't require that you show your photo ID but there are a couple of ports that before you can enter the gate to get back to your ship, you do have to show the ship ID card and your photo ID.

I leave my passport in the safe and take my drivers license with me off the ship. There is no charge to use the safe in your cabin. On LOTS you make your own combination of numbers for the safe.

Take cash with you for purchasing souveniers, cab fare if necessary, etc.

I have never cruised so unsure how this works so any and all advice helpful and educational to me so bring it on.

I am strongly thinking about going on royal caribbean Liberty of the Seas ship

when you go on a shore excurtion do you need to take your passport , id and some cash with you ? Also the safe in the room when do they dive you the combination or is it a key they give you and does putting your extra cash in there for tips does using the safe cost extra if you use it ? And if you go swimming or snorkeling on your shore excurtion where do you put your passport and credit card and cash you cant go and get those wet do they have safes there to rent? feel free to share any and all advice thanks

1. You only need a passport if the cruise line tells you that you need it. Most ports, you don't.

2. ID - most Americans seem to think it's necessary, I'm never quite sure why.

3. Cash - definitely. Not necessarily that much, but at the very least there's going to be someone to tip on the excursion boat.

4. Usually a combination which you choose yourself, though there are odd lines still around with key safes.

5. Using the safe costs nothing.

6. It's very unlikely you'll have a safe on your excursion. Keep a small amount of cash in a waterproof bag in your shorts pocket or somewhere, credit card can get wet so it doesn't matter, and passport (as stated) on board ship - unless, like EssiesMom, you have an uncontrollable fear of missing the ship.

1. You only need a passport if the cruise line tells you that you need it. Most ports, you don't.

2. ID - most Americans seem to think it's necessary, I'm never quite sure why.

3. Cash - definitely. Not necessarily that much, but at the very least there's going to be someone to tip on the excursion boat.

4. Usually a combination which you choose yourself, though there are odd lines still around with key safes.

5. Using the safe costs nothing.

6. It's very unlikely you'll have a safe on your excursion. Keep a small amount of cash in a waterproof bag in your shorts pocket or somewhere, credit card can get wet so it doesn't matter, and passport (as stated) on board ship - unless, like EssiesMom, you have an uncontrollable fear of missing the ship.

Totally agree with the above.

Also take the contact information for the port agent.

LuLu

Taking your passport depends on the port and personal choice

They will advise if you need to take it ashore

You set the combination of the safe once onboard so nobody knows

Congrats on taking the Inge and signing up here.

Get on appropriate cruise board and you will get all info you could ever want

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You should always have some form of ID on your person...if anything should happen to you, it would be nice if someone knows who you are! Even when out and about at home, you should have ID!

You don't need to take your passport ashore in the Caribbean.

If you're on an excursion, you can leave your stuff on the transportation...boat, bus...when you're in the water. Your ship's key, credit card, ID, and even cash CAN get wet! Stick it in a velcroed pocket in your swim trunks!

You should always have some form of ID on your person...if anything should happen to you, it would be nice if someone knows who you are! Even when out and about at home, you should have ID!

For the purposes of identification when you're unconscious, a cruise card, a diary, or a piece of paper with your name on is enough for ID. Doesn't need to be evidence that will stand up in court.