New , discounts for carnival wifi ?

johnny75

Looks like the mid package is $10.25 per day , $82.00 total for our 8 night cruise. Anyone know if they are adding sales tax if you pre-order ? Also what is the onboard price for the same 8 day plan ?

No tax. Not sure what it is for an 8 day cruise, but it looks a little bit cheaper for my 7 day cruise on Glory if you prepay vs what it was onboard in October.

I prepaid wifi for the Legend, July 25th a few days ago- incidentally the day it became available. I only know it was the day because I saw it first on the web site that morning but when I clicked to purchase it said it was not available, and at the time it was listing $17.XX/day for the premium package. I went back later that afternoon and it went through without a hitch and the price was then listed at $14.88/day. So premium wifi for 7 days on the Legend is costing me $104.16- no taxes added. I have no idea if this represents a discount from onboard purchase.

It seems like the last 7 day cruise I took cost me $156 or thereabouts for wifi, but I am not detail oriented enough to know if I am remembering accurately. There is also a possibility that both the pre pay and onboard prices have been lowered.

For what it's worth, the prices I am seeing right now on the web site are: Social: $4.00/day; Value: $10.25/day and Premium: $14.88/day.

I prepaid wifi for the Legend, July 25th a few days ago- incidentally the day it became available. I only know it was the day because I saw it first on the web site that morning but when I clicked to purchase it said it was not available, and at the time it was listing $17.XX/day for the premium package. I went back later that afternoon and it went through without a hitch and the price was then listed at $14.88/day. So premium wifi for 7 days on the Legend is costing me $104.16- no taxes added. I have no idea if this represents a discount from onboard purchase.

It seems like the last 7 day cruise I took cost me $156 or thereabouts for wifi, but I am not detail oriented enough to know if I am remembering accurately. There is also a possibility that both the pre pay and onboard prices have been lowered.

For what it's worth, the prices I am seeing right now on the web site are: Social: $4.00/day; Value: $10.25/day and Premium: $14.88/day.

Those prices are what I saw earlier today on our booking.... definitely a discount over the published prices on the Carnival website.

OK I give-----where do I go to sign for the wifi packages? I looked under tours and gifts--no luck.

Cruise Manager- the there should be a list on the right hand side, Shore Excursions, Spa Services, Fun Shop, etc...all the way at the bottom of that list mine has "Internet Plans" (under Specialty Dining Reservations).

In March we had the 5 day value package. On ship it was offered at $16/24 hours and $48 for the cruise. We are sailing on Fantasy next month and it is only offered for $10.25/day. No mention of entire cruise cost. Looks like waiting to purchase on ship might be a better option.

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

It cost me $119 for premium on a 7-day cruise in Feb so $104 would be a slight discount.

Prepaid prices for my upcoming 7 day Glory cruise are as follows:

Social is $28, Value is $71.25, Premium $104.16

In October, the prices onboard Glory for 7 days were:

Social $30, Value $72, Premium $119.

So I'm saving a whopping $0.75 on the Value :cool:. But I like getting it all out of the way ahead of time. Plus it protects me against price increases.

In March we had the 5 day value package. On ship it was offered at $16/24 hours and $48 for the cruise. We are sailing on Fantasy next month and it is only offered for $10.25/day. No mention of entire cruise cost. Looks like waiting to purchase on ship might be a better option.

It's $10.25 per day x the number of days of your cruise so $51.25. There's no tax. The only prepaid option is for the whole cruise. Add it and go as far as getting ready to pay and it will give you the total.

It's $10.25 per day x the number of days of your cruise so $51.25. There's no tax. The only prepaid option is for the whole cruise. Add it and go as far as getting ready to pay and it will give you the total.

So why pay $51.25 when you can get it for $48 onboard? Am I missing something?

So why pay $51.25 when you can get it for $48 onboard? Am I missing something?

Not sure why it would be more now unless the price has recently gone up onboard. You might want to post on a roll call of the current cruise to ask. It's cheaper for me and others as they have stated.

Prepaid prices for my upcoming 7 day Glory cruise are as follows:

Social is $28, Value is $71.75, Premium $104.16

In October, the prices onboard Glory for 7 days were:

Social $30, Value $72, Premium $119.

So I'm saving a whopping $0.25 on the Value :cool:. But I like getting it all out of the way ahead of time. Plus it protects me against price increases.

Corrections in red. You know me, I have to be accurate! I was off by $0.50 on both. Hate when I find errors when it's too late to edit!