Easter Glory! A detailed pictorial review of the refurbished Carnival Glory 4/15-4/22

CARNIVAL GLORY APRIL 15, 2017 ITINERARY

DAY 1: MIAMI

DAY 2: HALF MOON CAY

DAY 3: SEA DAY

DAY 4: ST. THOMAS

DAY 5: SAN JUAN

DAY 6: GRAND TURK

DAY 7: SEA DAY

DAY 8: MIAMI

Happy spring Carnival fans! I, the Flying Cruiser of NJ have arrived with another cruise vacation review. My latest adventure was a weeklong cruise on the just-out-of-drydock Carnival Glory during the week including and following Easter. This was my second time on this ship and my first trip on Carnival since last November. Overall, I have lost count of how many cruises I have been on total, but my Carnival count alone is at least 15. This was a family cruise, and this review will feature the activities of me, my mom (who I cruise with a lot and if you have read any of my reviews, you know she is retired and cruises even more than I do, lol), my sister, whom I will refer to as "T" in this review, and her daughter/my niece, known as "K" in this review. I am in my mid-30s, single, and call South Jersey home, and cruise whenever possible as it has become my favorite method of vacationing in the 11 years I have been doing it (other than maybe going on land road trips to visit MLB stadiums or visiting friends in Florida).

So, with that little intro out of the way, why did I book this cruise at this time? Well, it wasn't my prime choice of time for a cruise but since T and K both had the week free to cruise due to it being spring break in New Jersey, this had to be the week if they were going to go. My mom and I are much more flexible with when we can travel but due to their circumstances they are not that lucky. Going all the way back to last year, my mom was looking for the best cruise deal she could find for just me, K and her as my sister had originally had other travel plans with her other daughter that ended up getting altered at the last second, allowing her to travel with us after all. Anyway, since my niece is still in the pre-teen age range, we figured booking this ship was good as Carnival has a good program for children of all ages on their ships. I will get into that much more as the review goes on.

We originally booked an outside cabin (forget what deck now) for three at a decent rate, and as cruise time came up, we could see the prices were actually dropping. After confirming she could actually travel with us on this cruise after all (her other daughter ended up traveling to the literal other side of the planet for her spring break vacation with her father at the same time as she did not want to do a cruise), we called our PVP at Carnival (can't mention his name but he does do a very good job and we have had him for many years) to ask him what the price for two cabins would be or if we could upgrade to a balcony cabin for four people for roughly the same total price of what we had already paid. We got one of the last few available balconies for four just a few weeks before sailing and after T paid her way, the total price for all four of us was roughly the same as it would have been for three. Good deal it seems. Yes, 4 in a cabin is rough but I have done it before. The cabin was located Deck 7 aft, not the best location after all and I will talk tons and tons about this as the review rolls on.

With all that out of the way, sail date was rapidly approaching. Carnival allows you to check in and take care of pre-paying of whatever you want to pre-pay beforehand, and that is good. Being Platinums, my mom and I are both pros when it comes to preparing for cruises, so we did as much as we could ahead of cruise date. T had only been on one Carnival cruise before this (she prefers Celebrity and Royal Caribbean believe it or not) and this was K's first Carnival cruise but not her first overall. She is a young cruise addict in the making, HAHA. I elected to pre-pay my gratuities and I advised my mom to pre-purchase a few cases of bottled water for the cabin through bon voyage at $4.50 per 12-pack as she drinks a lot of water during the week. Great value by the way, that in addition to the big bottles of water that you get for being a returning guest.

We purchased one excursion for the family through Carnival beforehand, a dolphin swim tour in St. Thomas as K really wanted to do it and we were afraid it would sell out if we waited until getting on the ship to book it. I have been shut out of excursions because of this a few times in the past. She also likes the guarantee that you get through Carnival for booking through them that if the excursion goes too long, the ship has to wait for it to return before departing. This did come in handy and I will explain that in depth later as well.

I wanted to pre-pay my bottomless bubbles soda package beforehand but the language on the Carnival cruise manager site is vague and confusing and so I figured I would just buy the package when I got on the ship after all. I also wanted to purchase cruise cash but again, the cruise manager page is very confusing so I avoided that as well. So with that all done, packing was completed the night before (as is usual haha), housesitter arrived, all four of us were in position for an early trip out on embarkation morning. I will begin the review on embarkation morning, from our trip to the airport, all the way though to our first day on the ship. It would be very busy.

Now, a disclaimer. I get very detailed and thorough with these reviews. I am also busy and often have a crazy schedule so there are times when I will not get to updating this for days at a time. Be assured that I have not abandoned it, but I add to it when I get the time. I do these reviews one day at a time, and a full day of the cruise can take hours to do, so I really like to take my time in writing these. I love reader feedback and will reply to anyone who comments or has a question about the review or ship or ports, etc, even if I do not get back to you right away. This was a cruise that I looked forward to for a long time, and thus I am excited to bring you a really exciting, thorough and fun review to read along and enjoy. I took over 300 pictures and will share many of them here as they help to enhance the story that I will tell of my adventures before boarding, on the ship, off the ship, and everything in between.

So, are we ready? Let's beep the big loud horn and untie from the dock and head on our way to another exciting cruise adventure! Hope you enjoy.

DAY 1: TRAVEL TO CRUISE AND EMBARKATION DAY:

So, cruise day was upon us finally! Being from South Jersey, I am within easy driving distance of no less than 3 major international airports with over a dozen nonstop flight options to South Florida. I am closest to Philadelphia however, so I almost always choose a flight from here when flying out anywhere.

Philly is still a good 2-3 hour flight from Miami though, so of course if you are going to fly out the morning of instead of going the night before and paying for a hotel room, you have to get the earliest flight possible to ensure you make it to the ship if any delays occur. I also say that I have been flying to port day of embarkation more lately but that is again because there are so many direct options from Philadelphia that there is always a backup to the backup to the primary flight option. If my trip included a connection, I would absolutely not chance it and if you do from anywhere to a cruise, you are just simply rolling the dice that you will miss your cruise due to any unforeseen things such as maintenance, weather, overbooking (lol), aircraft swaps or downgrades, etc. Not to mention that your bags might get delayed in transit and then you won't have your stuff for the entire cruise or until they deliver it to the ship later on if they ever actually do that.

Anyway, it still being April and not even having leaves on the trees yet, it was fairly cold (mid 40s) when we left home at zero-dark-thirty and made the trip over to Philadelphia International Airport (KPHL) for our pre-dawn flight to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (KFLL). I can get up to the gate very quickly but my mom moves a little slower than me so she insists we get to the airport like 2 hours ahead of time just to be safe. I feel this is just a waste of time since you can check bags at the skycap and be thru security quickly even if there is a long line of people early in the morning but she insists. T felt that getting TSA Precheck for her and her entire family was worth it and thus she and K had that and being older, my mom also gets Pre on her boarding pass whenever she flies so they could breeze through even if the general line was long. That left me as the only one without precheck but I don't feel I need it. I have never missed a flight due to security but I have come mighty close (like being paged in the concourse and running up to the gate as they were about to close the door LOL).

Anyway, I dropped them off, they checked their bags in and were upstairs in no time, I parked, made my way back to the airport, checked in and was through security fairly quickly myself. Yes, there was a line and you do have to keep that in mind as early morning is a busy time as all airlines want to get their originator flights out early as possible, especially on a busy Saturday travel morning. However, the line moved and an hour was more than enough time for me to leisurely stroll my way to our boarding gate, get my boarding pass and board with my entire family. Following an early departure, we were one of the first departures of the morning off Runway 9L at PHL, into a still-dark sky and it was not until a good half-hour into the flight (sometime after 0600) that light came across the horizon. I am not a morning person, but sunrises are really neat things to see. BTW, I am going to put all times in military format on this review, as I am used to doing things in that format and it helps to keep people from confusing AM and PM as the adventure moves along. It was a really smooth flight and cabin service was minimal but I still got my morning snack pack and ginger ale and followed our flight path on the plane's wifi until we arrived at KFLL a little after 0800. Descent was a little rough due to some shower activity in the area but nothing too crazy. We came out of the clouds after flying a downwind leg that took us out into the Everglades and back for final and landed on a fairly wet Runway 10L. After a short taxi to the gate, we arrived right on time and headed downstairs to claim our bags.

20170415_053939_zps4oy3uvxk.jpg

20170415_065419_zpsrvalurq7.jpg

20170415_073642_zpsdxepjctp.jpg

20170415_074257_zps3xdv1gfa.jpg

20170415_074634_zpsi9onsz3n.jpg

We chose to leave our bags at the baggage claim office as we had scheduled for one of T's husband's relatives who has lived in Fort Lauderdale for decades to come pick us up and take us all out to breakfast as soon as we arrived. We had not seen him in a long time so it was good to see him and meet his wife but his car was not that big and the 6 of us could barely fit in, much less all our four large suitcases. Anyway, he took us to a breakfast place called Little Red's, which is a bbq joint in the afternoons and evenings but offers excellent breakfasts as well. He recommended it and since T loves her sausage biscuits and gravy, and that is a staple of their menu, we all enjoyed a feast for a very affordable price with good service in a place with a lot of character. I got a full platter with a side of sausage biscuits/gravy and I actually almost did finish the whole thing, haha. Good choice. It was probably mid 70s and not too terribly humid if I recall right this day as well. Unfortunately I regret not getting any pictures inside or outside of this place. It was really cool.

We rode back to the airport around 1000 and said our goodbyes until next time, and got our bags, followed by a call to SAS Transportation, my go-to shuttle company to get to cruises from FLL. You do have to pre-reserve with them to guarantee seats but it is affordable and the drivers are really friendly and the vans really nice. You set up a pickup time that is generally on the half hour but you can go earlier if seats are available at the time. We actually had planned for 1100 but since we had all our stuff and were ready to go early, we met up at the shared vans pickup area right near Delta baggage claim and got on the bus. It would be a full ride today as we made a few more pickups along the way but we were on our way to the cruise port a little before 1030. I have had this driver a few times and so I know his storytelling but it is funny and entertaining to listen to as we make the 40-minute ride or so down Interstate 95 towards Miami. Traffic was not a huge deal on a Saturday but during peak weekday times, varied-price tolls are in effect and so is the carpool or HOV lane, that obviously our van qualified for. He says there are cameras everywhere and people get fines for crossing from HOV to general lanes all the time. Traffic sucks dude, but we all have to deal with it.

Anyway, we went under the modern engineering marvel aka port of Miami tunnel just as the many cruise ships parked there came into view and came back up a minute later, right next to these same ships. Kinda like magic, huh? I am never quick enough with the draw to catch the ships lined up before we head into the tunnel so again no pics of them all lined up but the pics of and from the ship will be piling up very shortly. We were second to drop off I think, got our bags, dropped them off with the porters, tipped them, made sure our tags were safely attached and paid our driver the $15 per person plus tip for his hard work and made our way to the terminal.

It was still only around 1100, so while we were allowed into the port building itself (make sure you have boarding pass along with passport ready at the door), boarding would not start for quite a bit longer. We quickly made our way thru security and since we didn't bring any beverages or wine on, no need for secondary screening. We made our way into the waiting lounge right around 1130 and were guided to the diamond and platinum lounge after receiving our sign and sail cards as that was not quite as crowded as the general lounge and there was plenty of seating and lemon ice water to drink. I got ready to log onto the Carnival Hub app, which is a really neat feature that Carnival offers to anyone with a capable phone and pretty much allows you to manage anything you need to manage with your cruise account or to see ship activity schedules, maps, open times. Only thing you cannot do there is view main dining room menus, heh.

Screenshot_20170415-113035_zpswgq8inc5.png

I tried to use the Port of Miami's free wifi while we waited for boarding to begin but since there were so many people waiting like I was and trying to log on, it was too slow and I gave up after a while. Finally, boarding was called around noon, after weddings of course, and although it was like a stampede and not really organized, we were finally on our way to the ship. I will say that they should handle this in a more organized and less-mad rush type of way if that is possible, as my mom had to fight her way through a maze of rushing people to get to an elevator to go up to the boarding level. Also, if you ride up the elevator, know you will bypass the embarkation photo area which we planned on stopping at, getting a group pic, and possibly buying it later. Oh well. We were eventually on our way though a few more sail and sign card checks and into the gangway by noon or so. I will pick that up in the next post, hope you have enjoyed the pre-game fun so far.....

DAY 1: EMBARKATION DAY CONTINUED:

Looking back through my notes, I see that there was a MSC ship, a Celebrity ship, another unidentified ship and the Carnival Sensation to go along with us on this day. Yes, busy indeed. Our SAS driver told us that between FLL and MIA, they could handle like a thousand ships a year or more. Crazy. That's like almost as much or more than the entire rest of the USA combined or something. Imagine what that does for the economy there. Anyway, we headed through the glass jetway and onto the outside promenade deck where we made our way into the ship. We had our cards scanned again by ship security, heard a ding, and entered the atrium a little before 1230 to loud music, bright lights, and of course, lots of sales pitches.

Getting off the shuttle and checking our bags in

20170415_105409_zpsriks1ue7.jpg

Boarding

20170415_121133_zpsmk3o2lsw.jpg

So, what to do first? K wanted to drop off her carryon bag (we checked everything else except my backpack) and see the cabin, and although rooms are not ready for the general public until 1330, our platinum status allowed us to go right to our cabin and drop everything off. Obviously our bags had not yet arrived, it doesn't look like anyone's had yet. After you check them in, they go thru the x-ray, are loaded into carts, driven by forklift onto the ship where crewmembers deliver them to the rooms. Imagine this takes a long time and ties up a few elevators in the process. We were all actually quite tired, and the beds were all set up already so we all took naps from like 1400 (a little after getting settled in) until muster time, which was 1530. We also met our cabin steward (forget his name or his assistant's name but they both did good jobs and were asked whether we wanted AM or PM service or both. We figured since it would be four of us in the room that we should get twice a day and he said fine (my mom talked to him in the hallway) and had her sign for the twice a day service. The cabin service was pretty good on this cruise.

By 1530, we all went to our muster stations and did the drill and were released by 1615, just in time for sail away. The muster did not seem too organized on this ship again, but we did get through it fairly quickly and it is kind of sad that the crewman in charge of our area had to remind people to turn their phones off for a half hour until the drill was over. Also, you do not have to bring your lifejackets to the muster on this ship. We got a quick welcome on the PA system from captain Carlo Aquilone and our cruise director, Eric Brouman, and soon the mandatory drill that everyone has to do was over. Really, everything is closed on the ship during the drill anyway so what else is there to do but go get it over with? It is for our benefit, the crew already knows what to do in an emergency.

After sail away it was time to enjoy the festivities on the lido deck and to get some food. None of us were hungry enough when we boarded because of the huge breakfast we had but it was time for late lunch after departure. I got a Guy's burger with fries and topped it with bacon and some potato sticks on the side and it was good. Guy's is open 12-1800 every day. Guy's burgers is located on lido, right between the pool and dining room, is a marketing invention of the legendary Guy Fieri of food network (Triple-D, the show he hosts is one of my favorite shows to watch) and is free of charge. I think T and K got pizza instead, as the lido buffet had closed already and the Blue Iguana Cantina on lido deck was also closed for the day. But we were all hungry.

We settled down at a table near the sailaway party in the pool area and enjoyed lunch. I also purchased my bottomless bubbles soda card on lido for $52 total (includes gratuity), near the pool and got my first Coke. You do not pay tax on the full price of the package anymore, but you will pay tax on anything you order while still in a US port. Something like 18 cents a soda tax. Then again, we are used to paying crazy soda taxes in Philly, as I am sure you have heard about the bright idea of a punitive soda tax that the wonderful politicians of Philadelphia city enacted last year and has gone to mixed reviews so far. I don't want to get into a debate about that but just thought it was worth a mention. Your 16 cent tax for a soda in MIA is nothing compared to Philly, lol

T, K and I all purchased the unlimited chat plan for the cruise as well, which was $5 per device but worked just like texting would on land. Good value because we could communicate with each other from anywhere on the ship anytime. My mom is the only one who did not get the package. T also bought the unlimited internet package for the entire cruise, so we could all stay in touch with what was going on back home and that cost $72. However, anyone of us could use it anytime, granted only one device at a time but if you forget to log off, another user can kick them off and go on and use the net with no trouble. The internet was sort of slow on this ship but still, for like $10 a day at sea, it was worth it for us. Glad we had it.

I think the rest of the gang went back to the cabin to take a nap again and wait for the bags to arrive to begin unpacking and I walked around upstairs as we sailed away from Miami, into the Atlantic Ocean for a magnificent Easter voyage. They had the normal sailaway party activity with the entertainment team right by the pool and I got some nice pics of the area as we left out from the top decks.

20170415_163820_zpsqdsmjj67.jpg

Our van driver said you have to have B illions of dollars to even think of living on Fisher Island, some serious foreign money in this area and those yachts belong to those rich people.

20170415_163936_zps9bdrqaul.jpg

20170415_164255_zpsp11pi8na.jpg

Just out to sea, began to get a bit choppy as usual after you leave Miami for some reason. Another ship in the distance. Sunset was a disappointment tonight because it was cloudy for most of the time it was setting, otherwise it would be a great photo op.

20170415_164527_zpssfjicugl.jpg

More to come....

DAY 1 - EMBARKATION DAY CONTINUED:

I figured K would go right for the newly-added waterworks but she was too tired from the travel and she didn't bother with it this time. During the March drydock, they added two slides and a water play area underneath, in the lido area but pretty high up. Like highest Serenity adult-only area level high. They looked fun but I am not a big waterslide person so I never tried them. I think K did later in the cruise though. I followed the progress of the dry dock seeing that my cruise was just a few weeks after it was completed and the waterslide addition seemed to really cause problems both before and after the drydock and that doesn't need to be re-lived but if you know about it, I am sure it was not pleasant. But everything was completed for our cruise at least. The slides close at 1830 daily unless weather conditions are unfavorable for it to stay open.

Out to sea!

20170415_164615_zpslkivv8nv.jpg

20170415_164744_zps5sc3b81x.jpg

Like I had said, sunset was a disappointment tonight due to the clouds so I missed it but I did go to the hot tub on lido deck 9 all the way aft. That used to be the adult only pool but is now open to all. Honestly those who complain about it are overreacting because there were a lot of kids on this cruise but most of them stayed with their parents or if were hanging out with each other, did it in the main pool area on lido, in the kid-friendly pools and hot tubs. The aft ones are relatively uncrowded and the hot tubs were pretty hot on this night. There is also a retractable roof here that they roll out at night or when it rains. Makes for a very comfortable experience. I stayed in there for a little while and made my way back to the cabin around 2000 as that is the time we agreed upon to meet up for dinner. None of us really got dressed up as the bags had just arrived, we were not fully unpacked yet and we were all tired from travel and just wanted to get dinner and head off to bed.

We had anytime dining, figuring with 4 different people it was the best way to go. We eventually made our way to the Platinum dining room, 3rd deck, which takes a trip to the front of the ship, down and back to access the dining room. A common ship glitch because the galley is right in the middle of the ship, it cuts those decks in two essentially. We got there at 2100 tonight and since they serve until 2130, no seating issues or wait. Guess a lot of people skipped dinner tonight. Nobody else who was in the mdr at the time seemed to be dressed too neatly either. It's that first night, nobody cares, lol. It was pretty bumpy throughout most of the night, seawise but nothing too extreme. I do prefer set late dining time but we figured we would try it out on this cruise. We all agreed we really did not like it. I like sitting at the same table every night at the same time with the same waiters and possibly same tablemates. However, we were able to get the same wait staff most nights anyway but that is not guaranteed.

We were taken care of by Hosni and his crew, and they did an excellent job. Couldn't do enough for us. K wanted a Kid's menu and requested whatever the special for the day was off it, LOL. You had to be there to understand how funny it was. So sophisticated at that preteen age but still can't cut her own steaks. Whatever. LOL again.

I got Vietnamese rolls and sweet and sour shrimp along with beef brisket. The rolls were good with peanut sauce and the brisket was excellent and the shrimp were just ok. I would go on to have scrimps basically every day the rest of the trip, about a half dozen different types in fact. Should I quote Bubba on how many different shrimp recipes I can eat? Also, the baked bread choices of cranberry, regular bread and bread crusted in sunflower seeds is a nice touch. Anyway, T got different stuff from me each night but that was cool because we could trade parts of our entrees and appetizers to sample without having to order whole plates for ourselves. Everything was good. K got some chicken nuggets I think and fell asleep halfway thru dinner. I mean, passed out in the booth and deep sleep. Guess she was done for the day, haha. The wait staff also takes drink orders, so that is good as the service is usually faster that way. Again, our waiters couldn't do enough for us that first night or really any other night. My dessert was warm chocolate melting cake, which is again on the menu every night with the re-tweaked American Table menu with ice cream and peanut butter on the side, which I got most nights. It is really rich and hard to finish but I had heard about the peanut butter thing from a few other cruise critic posters so figured I would try it out for myself. Not bad. We were done somewhere around 2230 and although we were not the last ones out, we were nearly the last ones out. That was the latest we did the mdr all cruise long I believe.

About the American Table. The idea seemed terrible to me at first when they rolled it out. Then I experienced it and liked it. It has steadily gotten better since. Most dishes are well-prepared, portions are fine, temperatures are good, they taste good and there is enough variety for everyone's tastes. I like how it varies from region to region as well. Let's admit that the old menus were getting really and I mean REALLY stale when you knew exactly what you were going to be offered each night on all ships pretty much. Most of the best stuff from the old menus is still on the new menus also. They can do without the stupid bottle of wine on the table that nobody buys but I don't even miss the tablecloths anymore. Although you still do get them on formal nights.

20170415_210107_zps6npcetbm.jpg

Dat fresh-baked bread (at least so they say)

20170415_211439_zpspfsaoexu.jpg

The stupid American Table wine bottle decoration. Takes up space and that's about it. Does anyone else think this looks like the Tiger Woods professional marketing logo? LOL.

20170415_212032_zpsf536tgot.jpg

My brisket. Best part of the meal I think. Tender and tasty as always. They do a good job with this.

20170415_214256_zpsftewfxns.jpg

DAY 1 - EMBARKATION DAY CONTINUED:

Sweet and sour shrimp and rice was OK. Shrimp maybe a little overcooked.

20170415_214341_zps6hsxn8jp.jpg

WCMC with peanut butter and vanilla ice cream

20170415_220932_zpsbjaw30iu.jpg

They gave us a dessert of jello I think to take back to the room for when K wanted it as we had to wake her up to go back to the cabin when dinner was done and she didn't want any dessert then for sure. T and K went back to the room and my mom and I stopped by the Amber Palace theater, located all the way forward to catch the end of the welcome aboard show. We didn't see much of it but got to see CD Eric talk about some of what was in store for the rest of the cruise activities before it ended.

20170415_222131_zpss6d5nlar.jpg

I forgot to mention that our bags supposedly arrived around 1800 or that's what I was told. I do know we got them all, undamaged though so that's good. But 1800 for priority bags? What time to you think those who did not have priority tags got theirs? LOL. Anyway...

We moved on to the Punchliner comedy club after the welcome aboard show was over, to see the "comedy" of Jason Blanchard. Terrible comedian. I mean if you like his style he might have been funny and he seemed to be a nice guy and all but just one theme for the whole show and it was vulgar and not the funny kind of vulgar. Just stupid vulgar, basically repeating the same sex jokes over and over again and they were not funny at all. Vulgar sex jokes in a comedy club setting can be funny if they are delivered right but this guy just did not have it on this evening. They do warn you that it is 18+ for the night shows and that no kids are allowed in these shows. The family friendly shows are earlier in the evening, when everyone is at dinner. We were too tired to hang out to see the 2315 show of Chas Elstner (seen him before anyway) as were many people, and left and headed back to the cabin at around 2330 to head to sleep.

20170415_222836_zpslh9jfb4p.jpg

This is where it gets interesting. Background noise does not bother me. Much. We were located in a cabin on deck 6 right near the cinn-a-bar, which was located next to the Punchliner, on 5 aft, which was a late-night piano bar sing-along venue. The sound insulation between the cabins above and the lounge are horrible as you can hear the music and cheering and everything else that goes on in there quite loudly in the cabin. T has issues about sleeping with any background noise so she was unable to sleep all night. She did the best she could with sleeping through it all the first night but she had huge issues with it all cruise long. Mark the piano man, played until 0200 or later each night which everyone agreed was kind of overkill but I will talk more about this as the cruise continues. I will mention the twin double beds are located across the cabin, and my pullman bed was located in the opposite corner, near the bathroom and K had a bunk bed that we asked the stewards to leave alone in place all cruise long so she could take a nap whenever. I will get into the cabin layout more later. I also believe they left us a towel animal tonight but pretty sure K or T destroyed it when they came back to the cabin earlier than we did and probably laid down on it before noticing what it was.

That about wraps up Day 1 folks, hopefully you are enjoying so far and as usual, questions, comments are welcome. Not sure when I will be able to get the next part done but I will try to update it often. Hopefully this gave you at least a preview of what is to come with this review. Happy cruising and don't let springtime allergies get to you if at all possible, LOL.

awesome!!!

Glad you like it so far. Just getting started. Got Day 2 coming up later this afternoon, hopefully. Was my first time at Half Moon Cay and took full advantage of all the island had to offer, so hopefully you will enjoy that part just as much. Thanks for reading.

Great start to your review!!! We enjoyed our cruises on the Glory. Looking forward to the rest. :cool:

Thank you Jamman, glad to see you like it so far. This was my second time on the Glory, first time being out of Boston back in 2013. Back when they were just rolling out Guy's, Blue Iguana and they still had the fish n chips where the Guy's BBQ is now. That voyage was neat, got to watch the Stanley Cup finals on the big screen tv on lido after the Boston fans threw a mutiny over not being able to see their team play in some very important games, LOL. I should be coming back with the Half Moon Cay part of the review later on today, but I have been somewhat under the weather for the last week and a half and I am on the way back to feeling better but it is a slow process and I am still not motivated to do much else than lay around and watch TV all day right now, haha. I have also recently started reading your latest review, and it is excellent as always.