magic

llbz327

we will be on the magic in a few weeks. i know it is very busy the first day in the lido. i think i read that there was an italian restaurant open that wasn't as busy. if you could tell me the name of the restaurant. thank you

Yep! Cucine del Capitano and it was really nice to go there on embarkation day. The ship gets pretty busy, it's big & has a lot of people. But this place was nice and quiet, not busy at all. It was kind of a nice way to start our cruise. The pasta was good too!

The only dish I would recommend is the antipasto available at dinner. If you ever eaten at Olive Garden, the rest of the food is comparable I've had lunch and dinner on 2 different ships (Magic and Vista) and was disappointed in both.

I'm a Bronx born Italian so I grew up with my G'Ma's real Italian cooking, as well as Bronx Italian pizzerias, so I have different (higher) standards than most for real southern Italian cooking.

Yep! Cucine del Capitano and it was really nice to go there on embarkation day. The ship gets pretty busy, it's big & has a lot of people. But this place was nice and quiet, not busy at all. It was kind of a nice way to start our cruise. The pasta was good too!

100% agree

Cucina day and night are completely different restaurant. The day is only a pasta bar, not our cup of tea. We loved the dinner. not anything like Olive Garden. I agree with Mr. Bronx, the pizza is pretty good, but nothing like a real N.Y pizza

we will be on the magic in a few weeks. i know it is very busy the first day in the lido. i think i read that there was an italian restaurant open that wasn't as busy. if you could tell me the name of the restaurant. thank you

Cucina del capitano and it's free for lunch.

As someone mentioned before, the ship has a lot of people and is busy. However, we were on the Magic a couple weeks ago and found that there is plenty of space and never really felt crowded. Lots of food choices....We were pleasantly surprised with Tandoor, spicy but not too much and there was never a line. Also, Guys Pig & Anchor opened early every day they were scheduled to serve food....never really had any lines there either. You can easily access Cucina del Capitano from the Lido buffet near the dessert bar, just take the stairs up. Have a great time!