Diet Coke

patiolaterns

Is diet coke readily available on the Quest (both in cabins and restaurants/bar areas)

Thanks

Hi Patiolaterns,

As a big Diet Coke drinker, I can assure you it's readily available. Hope this helps !

Is diet tonic avalible. Also which make?

Hi Scorpio,

I'm not a tonic drinker, so I'm not entirely certain. though they offer regular tonic. I think it was Schweppes. However, on Celebrity, I've seen a variety of brands. Hopefully, another member can answer your question.

I don't really drink Alcohol very often. I see lots of messages and info about what alcohol products are included etc. I was wondering what is included on the soft drink front. Are there Coke or Pepsi products? What waters are included and does it include non alcoholic cocktails?

Thanks - Phil

I don't really drink Alcohol very often. I see lots of messages and info about what alcohol products are included etc. I was wondering what is included on the soft drink front. Are there Coke or Pepsi products? What waters are included and does it include non alcoholic cocktails?

Thanks - Phil

There are plenty of soft drinks and mocktails (all included). One lady wanted a cocktail (can't remember which one) and she asked for it to be made without alcohol.

The fresh juices in the mornbing are great. Go to the juice bar at the buffet in the morning and they'll make you a smoothy with any fruits you like.

I don't think specialty waters are included.

Everyone is so accomodating. You won't have a problem.

Is diet tonic avalible. Also which make?

Most times the Tonic (both standard and diet)on Azamara is the unpalatable 'Royal Club' brand.

It does depend where in the world the ships are, and the subsequent supply chain.

Am I going to have endure Diet Coke on my upcoming cruise? I do so prefer Pepsi Max! :(

Sorry Canny Cruiser it is Diet Coke, I've never seen Pepsi in any variation on Azamara.

Great to see another SS Uganda cruiser on the forums.

Am I going to have endure Diet Coke on my upcoming cruise? I do so prefer Pepsi Max! :(

Hi Canny_Cruiser,

Yes, it will be coca-cola related products, as that's what Azamara and their sister brands purchase. You wont find Pepsi onboard.

Thanks - Phil

Hi Phil,

Azamara offers Coca Cola products. I hope this is helpful !

Edited by Host Andy

Most times the Tonic (both standard and diet)on Azamara is the unpalatable 'Royal Club' brand.

It does depend where in the world the ships are, and the subsequent supply chain.

Unpalatable, what a lovely description. 89ø9ø9ø9øf3gvbec

I've always found that once it's mixed with a generous slug of Gin and a slice of lemon it's fine. I guess taste is a matter of personal preference like I can never see any difference between beefeater, Gordon's, Bombay or Tanqueray once they've been mixed with tonic and lemon. It's only when I sniff the neat gin that I can appreciate the difference.:)

We are Pepsi bigots too, but have learned to tolerate Diet Coke, which is always available and Coke Zero, which seems to be available on about half of the cruise we've taken.Since my wife doesn not drinl coffee or tea we start the day with a diet, but you can usually find us at the Mast Bar for bloodies at 11 AM! Life is full of sacrifices!

We are Pepsi bigots too, but have learned to tolerate Diet Coke, which is always available and Coke Zero, which seems to be available on about half of the cruise we've taken.Since my wife doesn not drinl coffee or tea we start the day with a diet, but you can usually find us at the Mast Bar for bloodies at 11 AM! Life is full of sacrifices!

This made me laugh, I do at times wish CC was like facebook and you could just press a "like" button :)

Julie

When the ships are in Europe we do not carry Diet Coke. We then carry Coke Light. It is slightly different from the Diet Coke we know in the USA. If you're wondering about the difference between the colas ...here's what I found:

Coca-Cola Zero provides real Coca-Cola taste for variety-seeking consumers. Coca-Cola Zero is sweetened with a blend of low-calorie sweeteners, while Diet Coke is sweetened with aspartame. As for Coke/Coca-Cola Light, in certain countries, the term "diet" is not used to describe low-calorie foods and beverages. In these countries, we offer Coke/Coca-Cola Light. The sweetener blend used for Coke/Coca-Cola Light is formulated for each country based on consumer preference

I like Coke Light. It has a unique flavor. Not too sweet with a hint of lemon. In most European restaurants, Coke Light is served. Try it. Pepsi drinkers: Try it and you may be pleasantly surprised. If you don't like it, there are other drinks available. When you travel outside your home country, you should expect differences from what you drink at home. Trying new things is one of the pleasures of traveling. Keep an open mind and be flexible.

I find that we are paying top dollar on Azamara.

I would like to see Fiji water on board - never drank it but the bottles look nice!

I don't drink and so whether AZ serves Ch Rothchild or Thunderbird is immaterial to me.

We are accused by foreigners as being a coca-cola culture and most of these postings confirm the accusations.

Enjoy the journey, enjoy the ports, emerge yourself into the culture of the countries that you are visiting, try the different foods but if you expect to bring the USA with you, is there any sense in going into foreign climes?

Just ranting...

• 3 weeks later...
I find that we are paying top dollar on Azamara.

I would like to see Fiji water on board - never drank it but the bottles look nice!

I don't drink and so whether AZ serves Ch Rothchild or Thunderbird is immaterial to me.

We are accused by foreigners as being a coca-cola culture and most of these postings confirm the accusations.

Enjoy the journey, enjoy the ports, emerge yourself into the culture of the countries that you are visiting, try the different foods but if you expect to bring the USA with you, is there any sense in going into foreign climes?

Just ranting...

This topic has made me giggle. I am used to listening to fellow Melbournians discuss the merits of various wines, and my coffee snob friends debate the pros and cons of coffee bean varieties and their treatment. I have never been part of a Coke vs Pepsi, and their variants, debate.

When I am away from home I find that part of the fun of being somewhere new is exploring the differences, whether that is food, drink or experiences. So, get out there amongst it and maybe try different drink combinations on your Az cruise. You may find a new favourite.

And anyway, does anyone care that I have never been on a cruise that stocks my favourite caffeinated drink Coke Zero? ;)

BTW - Fiji Water is quite good and readily available on the supermarket shelves in Australia and elsewhere in the South Pacific, and not at the exorbitant price that hotels in these parts like to charge.

BTW - Fiji Water is quite good and readily available on the supermarket shelves in Australia and elsewhere in the South Pacific, and not at the exorbitant price that hotels in these parts like to charge.

Saw it at Harrold's!

Got to go back to OZ and try the water! :-)