Constellation questions

Hey everyone

Going on Connie on August 16th and I have a few quick questions for people that have sailed on her before.

Are hairdryers available in the room? Are they decent?

Can you push suitcases under the bed? Its our first time in an inside cabin and Im afraid we are going to be squashed in.

Hair dryers are on all ships limited by a 'hold the button down feature'. Some people take elastic bands with them to hold down, personally I forget the dryer and go on the balcony with a glass of wine, dries in no time.

Luggage should fit under the bed unless it is bulky!

Have a great cruise!

Its our first time in an inside cabin and Im afraid we are going to be squashed in.

On X ships, the inside cabins are same size and layout as verandas in almost all cases, but for the missing veranda.

on how important the quality of your hair dryer is. If you don't care, just want some hot air blowing to dry your hair, then don't bother bringing your own. If you want heat selection and being more mobile than stuck in the bathrm to do your drying, then bring yours.

Re the inside cabin. You will have more room and find it easier to manage if you have the beds apart against the cabin walls and tables in between. Cases will also go underneath each bed more easily although the large zipped variety may need to be left open. HTH.

on how important the quality of your hair dryer is. If you don't care, just want some hot air blowing to dry your hair, then don't bother bringing your own. If you want heat selection and being more mobile than stuck in the bathrm to do your drying, then bring yours.

Hair driers are not on the wall in the bathroom. I've always sat at the vanity and used the outlet there.

We have sailed insides often and never felt a lack of room. They are very dark and we leave the TV turned on to the bridge camera channel to see the sun coming up in the AM.

Enjoy the Connie, one of our favorites.

Thanks for your replies.

Hopefully we will have enough room.

As for the hair dryer…is it powerful?? or is it a light blow of air?!! Ill prob bring my own but would like the weight for an extra pair of shoes!! :D

I have very thick hair, and I hate most hotel hairdryers, as they take forever to dry mt hair and I always ends up with a haystack. I had not had that problem with the hairdryers on Constellation. And I could easily get 3 suitcases to fit underneath the beds.

Hair driers are not on the wall in the bathroom. I've always sat at the vanity and used the outlet there.

We have sailed insides often and never felt a lack of room. They are very dark and we leave the TV turned on to the bridge camera channel to see the sun coming up in the AM.

Enjoy the Connie, one of our favorites.

I could swear it was on the bathrm wall on the old Century. Guess my memory is getting bad and mixing cruiselines.

I could swear it was on the bathrm wall on the old Century. Guess my memory is getting bad and mixing cruiselines.

Century may have been that way, as the oldest ship in the fleet (now gone).

I feel like my 1st cruise on Connie in 2013, there was a wall-hung hairdryer, but it was a suite. I know that suite no longer has a wall hung dryer (if it ever did), its spot has been replaced by the picture/nightlight in the bathroom that were added in 2013/2014 on the M class ships. The standard cabins used the Shaving outlet to power the picture/nightlight, thus there is no longer any electrical outlet in the bathrooms.

Edited by cle-guy

Yes, there is a clothesline in the shower. Yes the hair dryer is in the drawer by the vanity: I don't use it often but it is competent when needed. I too use the balcony for most hair drying when it was hot out. I was on Connie June 21-31 this year in the Adriatic. Ship is fine.