Project Runway?

BlueHerons

I record the show so I can watch it without the recap at the beginning and the commercials, which turns it into a 40 minute show at most.

I do that too, and also skip over the "visits" to the hair and makeup studios, which are also basically commercials.

Spoilers...I took notes during the runway portion this week.

I did not agree with the judges on giving the win to Asha. And I am sick of the jumpsuits this season. I loved Kini's design the most and thought he did a great job with the accessories. I would have given the win to him. My top three were Kini, Dom, and Emily. I preferred Emily's Ice Queen to Asha's Rapunzel.

Now on to the lowest scores. Again, I disagree with the judges. I would have sent Sam packing. His outfit was trashy and unimaginative. At least Alexander's look was tasteful. Yeah, there were issues with the fit in the back and the design was meh, but it did not look like something a hooker would wear. :eek: And, the judges sent Stella home for a crop top, so why is Sam still there? I do agree that the Sam, Leana, and Alexander were the bottom looks.

Oh, I was shocked that Alyssa's runway look was cute and figure flattering.

Lisa

I adore fairy tales. I have a big collection that includes many cultures. I sometimes worry that kids today just know the Disney versions, which I admit sometimes improve on the original (like the Little Mermaid getting her prince instead of turning into soulless foam on the ocean), but still...

I was disappointed that only Kini and Dom did something cool that still reflected their characters (Alice and Tinkerbell respectively). The other looks could have been for anybody anywhere.

They've sure been hyping "Finding Neverland" on the various Runway shows.

I'm glad Kini got a win but I loved Dom's outfit.

How would you describe that Touch line by Alyssa (as seen on the models at the beginning)? Yawn? Snore? Haven't you been in a mass merchandise store in the past 10 years? ha ha

Sam is lucky to have such a strong cheerleader.

THAT'S what he reminds me of: the kid who was the best and brightest in their class, goes to college, finds out that everyone there is "the best and brightest", and gets all pissy about it.

You nailed it!!!

Oh. My. God.

They HAVE to be keeping him around for the "show" of it. (Last night's outfit wasn't really the worst of the bunch. At least it was summery. Missed the mark on "badass", though.)

Seriously, though? A hunk of white fabric held on with a belt was safe? C'mon!

Dude looks like he doesn't even want to be there, standing there with a "shoot me now" look on his face.

~SMH~

Edited by srlafleur

Oh. My. God.

They HAVE to be keeping him around for the "show" of it. (Last night's outfit wasn't really the worst of the bunch. At least it was summery. Missed the mark on "badass", though.)

Seriously, though? A hunk of white fabric held on with a belt was safe? C'mon!

Dude looks like he doesn't even want to be there, standing there with a "shoot me now" look on his face.

~SMH~

Agree completely!

And another jumpsuit!

Plus, the judges kept calling the white outfit a jumpsuit though you could clearly see the top tucked into the pants.

I think both the two you referenced are being kept around for "show."

You know, I always hear people say that seersucker is so "bad a$$"...NOT

Two challenges in a row Sam has ignored the challenge and made what he wanted to design. He needs to go. Ken's look was not great, but it was better than seersucker. White can look edgy, but Sam's fabric never will.

Lisa

I'm glad Kini got a win but I loved Dom's outfit.

How would you describe that Touch line by Alyssa (as seen on the models at the beginning)? Yawn? Snore? Haven't you been in a mass merchandise store in the past 10 years? ha ha

Wake me up.:D

Sam is lucky to have such a strong cheerleader.

His vote must carry a lot of weight and he needs to "get a room".

Edited by iheartbda

Late to the party here, but I just have to chime in. I do agree how totally outrageous it is that Sam keeps slipping by safely. "Oh, how marvelous, he put her in flats, darling!" That changes everything don't you know! So stylish! So I've been a style maven all these years and never knew!

I'm beginning not get a sinking feeling that Sam is the chosen one and will win the whole thing, one hideous jumpsuit after another.

The designers who are so in love with jumpsuits should have to wear one for a night on the town, have a few drinks (maybe one too many), stand in a line for the loo, then try to get out of it (where are the closures for these things, anyway?) whilst keeping the jumpsuit out of the toilet and off the floor.

Good luck with that.

:cool:

I'm just catching up on the show and I had to look twice when Alyssa came on. What the heck? The hair? The Princess Leia weirdo outfit? And is she pregnant again? I've noticed the last few weeks her outfits have been very.... tent like. Yikes. Can't even comment on who won, cuz I'm not that far into the show.. Sheesh. Emily's models hair is bad too.:eek:

Sounds like everyone has had it up to their eyeballs with Sam. Of course not the judges and if he doesn't go tonight, they've lost all credibility with me.

OMG, Sam and Isaac, get a room already! (or perhaps they have)

I think Sam is used to skating by in life being flirtatious and cute. (If his back story is otherwise, I'd like to hear it) Apparently, he's a nice guy, but flirting and being cute get REALLY annoying to people you're with all the time, especially if you turn into a b*tchy little princess when people don't respond well to it.

It appears that Alyssa may be over Sam.

I agree with the winner.