Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Just wondering if anyone has been watching Project Runway Jr? I've been in a sewing mood and determinedly making my way through my fabric and pattern collection...so I decided to binge watch Project Runway Jr over the past few days.

I've now watched the entire series. The next episode will be the finale.

I was very pleasantly surprised at the level of talent on the show. I also really appreciated the judges and the feedback given which was not "easy" because it was addressed to teenagers, but did seem to be very sensitive to the fact that the designers were amateurs offering very constructive commentary that didn't "crush" anyone for the sake of drama. Also, the judges themselves weren't big personalities on the show...that is, there wasn't any judge drama.

The whole lack of drama in the series was also a welcome change from the typical PR episodes. The filming truly focused on the challenges, what the designers were doing to accomplish the challenge, Tim critiques, and all the designers individual filming sessions were more dedicated to their commentary regarding their own struggles and goals and much less on what they thought about the other designers.

The was no filming in any area that would be considered a "private" area, like the break room or their living quarters.

As with any such show, there were just a couple of designers that I didn't like as much as others...but overall, I didn't experience as much of the annoyance factor as I have with some years on PR. In fact, there are/were several designers that I think have great skill and creativity and fashion ideas.

I found the whole thing to be very inspirational for my own sewing efforts and can't wait to see the finale with the next episode!

Also...the next season of Project Runway All Stars premiers on February 11.

I have been watching PR Junior and love it! I have not seen last night's episode yet. I like the mix of judges and find them to be very supportive of the teens. The teens are very supportive of each other and seem to genuinely care about the other designers too. That is a refreshing change from PR and PRAS. I like the three girls in the finale and can't wait to see what they designed.

Lisa

Hi all!

I've been watching the show when I can. Last night I watched 3 in a row but will be away this Thursday for the finale, on a cruise.

I really liked this season with such talented, friendly young people. The judges have been really nice to them. Found it a bit hard to watch Kelly with her blue lips, what was that about?:confused: Liked Christian as a judge.

Happy to see Edmund will be on the "all stars" show starting Feb 11 I think they said.

~ Jo ~ :)

I have been watching it as well and I agree. The kids have actually been more mature than many of the adult designers we've seen over the years. It's good to see what PR would be without the petty drama, both from designers and judges.

• 2 weeks later...

HI all!

drib ~ I see I was wrong about Edmund & instead it's Ken.:( Wishful thinking on my part, lol. I'm watching All Stars & also last season again on the Canadian Bravo station. I think that was my favourite season ever!

Oh my the clothing Alyssa wears !:eek: Hated that floral dress.

~ Jo ~ :)

I am watching as well. I thought the winning looks were fabulous and would wear the short dress in a heart beat. I would have sent both from the losing pair home, but definitely thought the losing look was the worst. It should zero taste and was poorly constructed. I agreed with Isaac...too much skin.

Lisa

Yay! I'm not the only one watching!

Definitely agreed with the winning team this week - even before I saw the others, I just knew it. And the loser? OMG. WHAT was he thinking? The taste level of both in the losing team was sorely lacking, but jeeze-louise. I do agree with the judges that it could actually have been good with a lining.

I'm watching ... just one day behind.

The production is clearly not as good as a regular season, and I was very miffed on the first show when no one went home ... but I'm still enjoying it!

I kind of liked not sending anybody home the first week. I wish they would do this on the regular season. It would give the designers a chance to get used to the pressure of creating in a very short period of time and the judges a chance to see if a poor design/construction is a fluke or a big problem.

They did the same thing on Amazing Race this season. At the end of the first race no one went home.

I love the two dresses on the winning team and hated the two on the losing team. While I thought the black dress was trashy I would at least wear it if I had the body, maybe not to a red carpet affair. No amount of money would make me wear that pink feather mess.

Edited by curlyd

I wonder why they are going with the pretense that the runway shows are anonymous. Each designer talks about his or her outfit as it's on the runway and/or other designers tell each other how great the outfit looks. The judges should tell them to shut up during the shows.

I wonder why they are going with the pretense that the runway shows are anonymous. Each designer talks about his or her outfit as it's on the runway and/or other designers tell each other how great the outfit looks. The judges should tell them to shut up during the shows.

And after a few weeks you can often tell a designer's style without having to be told their name. Not sure an "anonymous" runway is such a big deal to start with.

And after a few weeks you can often tell a designer's style without having to be told their name. Not sure an "anonymous" runway is such a big deal to start with.

Yup. every time they say "anonymous runway", I whisper back "My a$$!":o

If they truly wanted it to be anonymous, they would have the designers in a different room entirely. Surely the judges try to be objective, but everyone develops preferences (for good or ill) after a few challenges.

I've been somewhat disappointed in the taste level and, for that matter, the construction level, of some of these "All-Stars". The finalist kids on PR, Jr. could design circles around a few of these supposedly seasoned pros.

Edited by srlafleur

I agree with the judges' decision on the designer sent home. I would not have picked the winner they did - I would have chosen the second place design.

I agree 100%. Though I am still trying to figure out why the catheter dress was safe. :roll eyes:

Lisa