Project Runway?

BlueHerons

I'm watching ... just one day behind.

The production is clearly not as good as a regular season, and I was very miffed on the first show when no one went home ... but I'm still enjoying it!

My thought is that someone who was supposed to be on the show didn't make it, because there were 13 contestants, and if they did eliminate there wouldn't be the right amount for the teams challenge. Just my 2 cents! Or they knew all along - because if they had eliminated again the team challenge would have had to been a different week.

Well, this week was totally different! I was OK with the winner (I would have been happy with any of the top designs). I thought one of the lowest designs was much, much better than the others and didn't really see a contest there.

The winning look was great and I would totally wear that. I agree that any of the top 4 would have deserved the win. There was definitely a bottom look and that designer should have been sent home. I think the judges are very biased towards the designer of the bottom look and that is why no one went home this week. It's "one day you're in, the next day you're out" not unless we really like you and then we will change the rules to keep you. The bottom look, IMHO, was frumpy dumpy and and boring color pallet. I understand that the original idea was scrapped, but that??? Ugh.

Lisa

The winning look was great and I would totally wear that. I agree that any of the top 4 would have deserved the win. There was definitely a bottom look and that designer should have been sent home. I think the judges are very biased towards the designer of the bottom look and that is why no one went home this week. It's "one day you're in, the next day you're out" not unless we really like you and then we will change the rules to keep you. The bottom look, IMHO, was frumpy dumpy and and boring color pallet. I understand that the original idea was scrapped, but that??? Ugh.

Lisa

Agree, though it was maybe more of a toss-up for me between the bottom 2 designs. I think we agree on who should have gone home.

Overall, I'm a little disappointed in this year's "all-stars". A few of them I like, but it seems kind of "meh" overall.

Wow that was awkward! lol

I liked so many of the looks in the "middle" - the red leather jacket was great, and Andrew's pants looked fabulous.

Top looks were also good, but I really didn't hate the gray/green look. The one that needed to go home is staying on because the designer brings on the drama.

I didn't really care for two of the top looks so I was happy with the person chosen as the winner. The bottom look was pretty much apparent as soon as it walked the runway.

I am so tired of a certain designer getting credit for what others have done.

Kini - we saw that umbrella skirt on the "Rainway" (where it really fit the theme).

The losing look definitely deserved to go home. I was kind of meh on the top looks. And I agree on Kini's dress being the rain challenge dress again. For a couture challenge, I was very underwhelmed. I am hoping they all step it up next week and that no helps that one designer who takes credit for other peoples' ideas.

Lisa

I don't think the "All Stars" series are ever as good as the regular seasons. I noticed an ad for designers to apply for the regular season. I guess that means we will have a new season start on TV in late July so the designers can show at the September Fashion Week.

TI am hoping they all step it up next week and that no helps that one designer who takes credit for other peoples' ideas.

Lisa

Agree! That final look was actually lovely, not quite baroque, but very nice, but it was practically a team challenge! They really have to stop helping to that extent.

People who wear jumpsuits are obviously ones who seldom need to use the restroom!

Agree! If I see something I like that turns out to be a jumpsuit, it's off my list immediately. Seriously, who wants to have to disrobe entirely? After a couple of drinks, a long dress is tough enough! :rolleyes: :D

People who wear jumpsuits are obviously ones who seldom need to use the restroom!

I agree. I wear a Uni for rowing, which is a one piece biker short/tank top. It can be a pain to get off to use the bathroom and I usually wear a sweatshirt over it. I have to make sure not to wait to the last minute to use a bathroom. :eek: No way am I wearing a jumpsuit in my regular life.

Lisa

Not 100% in agreement with the winner. It was fine, but I thought the other top look should have won.

Also not 100% in agreement with the loser, though that may be part personality conflict with the "safe" bottom look (Seriously? THAT was the best of the bottom 3?).

(Cryptic enough? Don't want to be a spoiler:D)

I record the show so I can watch it without the recap at the beginning and the commercials, which turns it into a 40 minute show at most.

I agree with srlafleur about the winner and loser. But because of his personality, I'd like to see the other designer on the bottom this week go!