Cruise maryland 411!!

megr1125

As you travel south on Interstate 95 from NJ you will see signs for the Fortt Mc Henry tunnel. Make sure you stay in the very right lane before you enter the tunnel.

As you exit the tunnel your exit will be a 100 or so yards so follow to stop light turn left and you will be at the entrance to the cruis port.

You will not be affected by the construction on 95.

Just make sure you are in the far right lane before you enter the tunnel.

As a head's up when you travel down 95 as you get near the White Marsh area there will be a sizeable construction zone going on, before that there will most likely be a speed enforcement camera truck waitng to give you a $40 ticket if you exceed the speed limit. So just keep posted speed and you will be ok.

Do we actually go into the tunnel before exit to port??

This is what I found on website for Tunnel work:

MDTA Traffic Advisories

The MDTA Traffic Advisories blog posts information about scheduled construction and maintenance projects or other traffic information that might interfere with the normal flow of traffic. Use the Keywords list to locate traffic advisories by facility.

(I-95) Fort McHenry Tunnel Closures for the Week of July 14, 2014

Jul 11, 2014 3:29:00 PM EDT

Posted by: Eric Willison

For Immediate Release

Facility: (I-95) Fort McHenry Tunnel

(I-95) Fort McHenry Tunnel Closures for the Week of July 14, 2014

The following closures are tentatively scheduled at the Fort McHenry Tunnel the week of July 14, 2014 through June 20, 2014:

• Monday 7/14 - Bore 1 and Bore 4 closed for maintenance operations
  • Tuesday 7/15 - Bore 1 and Bore 4 closed for maintenance operations
  • Wednesday 7/16 - Bore 1 and Bore 4 closed for mainenance operations
  • Thursday 7/17 - Bore 1 and Bore 4 closed for mainenance operations
  • Friday 7/18 - Bore 1 and Bore 4 closed for maintenance operations
  • Saturday 7/19 - Bore 1 closed for maintenance operations
  • Sunday 7/20 - Bore 1 closed for maintenance operations

This is a tentative schedule subject to change due to weather, heavy traffic, incidents or priority closures.

Do we actually go into the tunnel before exit to port??

Yes, the cruise terminal is south of the tunnel on I-95...

I am 99% confident that the bore closures listed will be only at night; that's a fairly common occurrence. Day time closings would cause MAJOR backups, and I haven't heard anything to that effect.

Aloha,

John

• 2 months later...

We are driving from Ohio the night before our cruise out of Baltimore. We are wanting a hotel that we can leave our car at (for free of course :) ) but we want the closest we can get to the port because we don't want to use the shuttle. We would rather take a cab and don't want to pay too much for that. Also, I would rather not make our drive any longer by going to a hotel that is past the port. I looked at White Marsh, but if I'm seeing the map correctly it's a bit out of our way? Thanks for your help!

We are driving from Ohio the night before our cruise out of Baltimore. We are wanting a hotel that we can leave our car at (for free of course :) ) but we want the closest we can get to the port because we don't want to use the shuttle. We would rather take a cab and don't want to pay too much for that. Also, I would rather not make our drive any longer by going to a hotel that is past the port. I looked at White Marsh, but if I'm seeing the map correctly it's a bit out of our way? Thanks for your help!

Are you coming in on I-70? If you are coming south on I-95, White Marsh is not out of your way.

Coming from Ohio, you'll be coming on on I-70.... Your best bet is to find a fly/cruise and park hotel near the airport.

That will be the most convenient.... A cab will run $30-$35 dollars.

For less hassle upon your return, consider parking at the pier. It is SO much nicer to be able to go through Customs, straight to you car and get on the road without standing in line for a cab....

For a less expensive motel, look at Frederick, MD. You can spend the night there for less;leave at 09:00am, and be at the pier at 10:30.

Aloha,

John

Aloha,

John

Last November, we stayed at the Hampton Inn, Glen Burnie. Shuttled to and from the Port. About a 12 minute ride.

Cruising again next November and considering parking at the port. We'll see how 2015 plays out.:D

I will say parking at the port was a piece of cake so easy..loved it

sent from my galaxy s4 please excuse any error's thanks

Coming from Ohio, you'll be coming on on I-70.... Your best bet is to find a fly/cruise and park hotel near the airport.

That will be the most convenient.... A cab will run $30-$35 dollars.

For less hassle upon your return, consider parking at the pier. It is SO much nicer to be able to go through Customs, straight to you car and get on the road without standing in line for a cab....

For a less expensive motel, look at Frederick, MD. You can spend the night there for less;leave at 09:00am, and be at the pier at 10:30.

Aloha,

John

Aloha,

John

I have thought of this option and am still thinking about it. We parked at Bayonne and it was SO NICE to walk to the car and leave :) . I had been looking at Frederick and Hagerstown for a cheap (but nice) hotel and then driving in to park at the pier. I may just do this :) . We are hoping the Ohio State/Michigan game is a 3pm or later game and want to head home asap from the ship that Saturday :)

I have thought of this option and am still thinking about it. We parked at Bayonne and it was SO NICE to walk to the car and leave :) . I had been looking at Frederick and Hagerstown for a cheap (but nice) hotel and then driving in to park at the pier. I may just do this :) . We are hoping the Ohio State/Michigan game is a 3pm or later game and want to head home asap from the ship that Saturday :)

FYI There is a lot of road construction on I 95 near the cruise terminal. Lane closures changes pretty much every couple of week. Just pay attention to signage and you will be ok.

FYI There is a lot of road construction on I 95 near the cruise terminal. Lane closures changes pretty much every couple of week. Just pay attention to signage and you will be ok.

I highly suggest a free app waze here are screenshots of traffic tonight near the port.

muhujuna.jpg3usedugu.jpga4ydeme9.jpga7ununy8.jpg

sent from my galaxy s4 please excuse any error's thanks

• 1 month later...

Right off 295 just south of the Balt B-Way is G&M Restaurant. At the exit of West Nursery Rd, make a right and then 2/3 mile on the left at the corner is the place.

If you get to BWI airport then you went the wrong direction at the 295 exit. I'll wave if during the work week.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are out by BWI you can take Amtrak from BWI airport rail station, which can be reached by free shuttle, to DC Union Station. BwI airport rail station is about 5 mins away from BWI and they run free shuttle buses. Also most BWI area hotel shuttles will take you..if you are in town then use Baltimore Penn, reached by cab. This station is downtown but not in the Inner Harbor. You could also take MARC commuter rail but not sure if it goes to DC on weekends...

Monday will be more crowded....Sunday may be a better choice.

You can check amtrak.com for schedules and fares...the trip is probably 30-45 mins

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Edited by megr1125

I hope someone can help me!!! We are sailing into Baltimore on the Pride (repositioning from Tampa). We have a 630 pm flight. I imagine we will disembark around 10 - 11 am...is there something to do for a few hours near the pier. Keep in mind, we will have luggage with us. I don't want to sit at the airport for 6 or 7 hours if we don't have to! It will be end of March, so weather may be a factor. Thanks in advance for any help!!

You'll need to deal with luggage. I recommend:

Cab to BWI, rent a car (for transportation as well as luggage storage), then tour the Inner Harbor area. Lots of shopping, restaurants & tourist activities (National Aquarium, science museum). Late March can be quite pleasant if you're lucky. Or it could be threatening to snow...

Amtrak on their web site says there is a bag storage room at Penn Station so you take a cab to Balt- Penn Station, there is a free CharmCity Circulator bus outside the station that goes to Inner Harbor. Tour and take bus back to Penn Station. Take MARC or Amtrak to BWI Rail station(about 15-20 minutes). Connect to shuttle to airport..5-10 minutes ride. I personally have not used the bag storage room so you can double check with Amtrak to make sure bag storage room still is there.