PATH Entrance 33st?

mattR

Where exactly is the entrance to the PATH on 33st? I looked on google maps but cant see it. Is it in the Bank of America building? We originally where going to stop by Carlo's bakery on our way into Manhattan from EWR but then my 11 year old daughter who is flying in with her aunt on a different flight then us was disappointed that she couldn't go. We are now thinking of going over from Macy's area on Sunday the 30th either before our Broadway Show (3pm) around 12:30 or after the show around 5:30?

We used to have a link to the picture of the accessible path entrance, but it has disappeared. Here is a description of the entrance courtesy of PostCaptain.

"Getting into the 33rd Street PATH station with luggage can be a bit of a challenge. There are a number of entrances scattered around Herald Square; most of them involve stairs. However, there is an elevator entrance on the west side of 6th Avenue, near the intersection of West 32nd Street. The elevator is located just to the left of the entrance to JC Penney. Look for the stylized letter "P" (for PATH) on a blue background and the sign "PATH trains to New Jersey." When you exit the elevator, you will see the electronic turnstiles into the PATH station itself; there are several ticket machines near the turnstiles."

There's a concourse on the first level down that connects to everything, but IMO it's confusing. You're much better off entering PATH around 32nd St.

Edited by 138east

On 6th Ave between 32nd and 33rd...in the Manhattan Mall. You'll see the big JC Penney signs. There are small signs (I think blue) with a stylized letter "P" that mark the PATH station entrance.

OK...I see Carol beat me to it!

Edited by njhorseman

Thank you I now see the entrance in the south west corner of the park. How much time should we realistically give ourselves to get from this entrance to Carlos bakery and back? We would be doing this either at 12:30 ish or 5:30 ish Nov 30/14? I also notice now the entrance beside JCP which one is the least confusing to get to the train? It's $2.75 to take the train to Hoboken correct?

Edited by mattR

Thank you I now see the entrance in the south west corner of the park. How much time should we realistically give ourselves to get from this entrance to Carlos bakery and back? We would be doing this either at 12:30 ish or 5:30 ish Nov 30/14? I also notice now the entrance beside JCP which one is the least confusing to get to the train? It's $2.75 to take the train to Hoboken correct?

It's about 15-20 minutes on PATH between 33rd St. and Hoboken. Fare is $2.75 per person in each direction.

I'd recommend earlier rather than later...but earlier than 12:30 to make sure you get back in time for your Broadway show. If you're intent on actually going inside Carlo's to see it and buy something, don't be surprised if there's a line and a wait to get in (from what I've heard).

Edited by njhorseman

On 6th Ave between 32nd and 33rd...in the Manhattan Mall. You'll see the big JC Penney signs. There are small signs (I think blue) with a stylized letter "P" that mark the PATH station entrance.

Yes indeed.:)

An internet search just led me to this web page:

http://subwaynut.com/path/33/index.php

... where there are a few photos that might be helpful for folks who are unfamiliar with the area.

First, the PATH and subway entrance referred to above:

http://subwaynut.com/path/33/33_3.jpg

Take the escalator (going down) just inside the door, followed by just a few stairs, and voila!--you're there.

View from the bottom of the escalator (looking back up toward the escalator):

http://subwaynut.com/path/33/33_9.jpg

And looking down those stairs toward the PATH station concourse, from the same spot:

http://subwaynut.com/path/33/33_7.jpg

The small elevator at street level, just a few feet away from the entrance shown in the first photo:

http://subwaynut.com/path/33/33_4.jpg

There are a several other entrances to the station, but the one shown in the first photo is the easiest and most pleasant to use.

Edited by Post Captain

Carol yes I realize that but thought since we were on the subject of the Path, I thought I would ask for the station where the 9/11 Musum is. I did however do Google map and could see and optain directions to the nearest Subway. I also printed out the information posted earlier.

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Carol yes I realize that but thought since we were on the subject of the Path, I thought I would ask for the station where the 9/11 Musum is. I did however do Google map and could see and optain directions to the nearest Subway. I also printed out the information posted earlier.

Gay

There is no direct PATH service from the World Trade Center station (the area where the 9/11 museum is) and the 33rd St. PATH station. You would have to take a PATH train from WTC back into NJ and then change to a train bound for 33rd St. It's much easier to take the subway from the WTC area to the 33rd-34th St. Herald Square area, if that's where you're planning to travel from and to.

Edited by njhorseman

To help you out, our main focus is on the 9/11 Museum and Memorial, and Statue of Liberty. The rest of our day is not planned out but would like to see other points of interest in the area of the Museum and any good places to grab a lunch. Our daughter lives in COL so wish to see what else she is interested in seeing. I have an email into our friends from NV still with us on this trip and get a feel for what they want to see. Since we will be seeing the daughter and family next Month, I believe we can go over things much better and plan our day. I have appreciated everyones assistance here greatly.:) I am sure we will be riding subways during our visit to get around while in NYC.

Gay

If you are doing broadway I believe there is a Carlos in Penn Station which is walking distance to Times Square

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's in the Port Authority Bus Terminal (which is even closer to Times Square), but I have a feeling he wants to see the real Carlo's Bakery, not some sterile take out counter selling Carlo's Bakery merchandise.

Have ya been to the "real" bakery? It's small and sells tshirts, etc. except fir being able to get good outside front if store photos it's not all that.

The OP wanted to see the "real thing" regardless of what it looks like or sells. It's like going to the original Nathan's in Coney Island, as opposed to a Nathan's stand in a suburban shopping mall. They may sell the same hot dogs, but they're in no way the same experience.

I said in a post on another thread where the OP was asking about travel directions to Carlo's that they couldn't pay me to go there, so no, I haven't been there, but that doesn't change the fact that the OP wanted to.

In any event if he went to Carlo's it would have been earlier today, so beating this to death isn't going to change anything.

If you want to go from WTC to 33rd your best bet is the E train from penn station at 34th st. You will take it downtown to WTC and vice versa uptown to 34th.

The path is not advisable.