How calm is Eagle Beach for weak/lazy swimmers?

Doggielover68

Trying to decide between Palm Beach and Eagle Beach. Eagle sounds nicer of the two but have no idea how calm or wavy it is on a typical day. We are okay with gentle waves that just kind of bounce you around a little bit. Other beaches where I have felt comfortable swimming are:

Carlisle Bay, Barbados

Coki Beach, St. thomas

South Friars Beach, St. kitts

Orient Beach in St Martin was too strong for me and the waves knocked me over lol. Any advice is appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have seen some ripples at Eagle Beach, but never any real waves. There was enough of a wave to make some noise when it hit the beach, but no real crash. There can be a slight drop off but we have never had any problems getting in and out. We had to hold my stepmother's hand to help her in and out. She used a cane while walking.

As Arubalisa said, there are days with small ripples, and other days with huge, rough waves. During the two weeks that we stay there every year, we see it change from day to day. Some days, the water is so rough that it has to be red flagged. There have been several drownings on Eagle Beach in the past few months. Palm Beach is consistently much more gentle. So is the water at the area called Reflextions, on Surfside Beach. If you'd like to wait and see until you get there, please know that you'll need to get a taxi or wait for a bus to take you to Palm Beach. The only way to get to Reflextions is by taxi.

As Arubalisa said, there are days with small ripples, and other days with huge, rough waves. During the two weeks that we stay there every year, we see it change from day to day. Some days, the water is so rough that it has to be red flagged. There have been several drownings on Eagle Beach in the past few months. Palm Beach is consistently much more gentle. So is the water at the area called Reflextions, on Surfside Beach. If you'd like to wait and see until you get there, please know that you'll need to get a taxi or wait for a bus to take you to Palm Beach. The only way to get to Reflextions is by taxi.

Thanks, I think we might just stick with Palm Beach to play it safe. Don't want to waste too much time traveling back and forth during our limited time there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

We just got back from a week stay at La Cabana. Eagle Beach was wonderful each day of our stay. Our only complaint was we were only in Aruba for a week...next time it will be two weeks as we learned lots about this wonderful island on our 1st stay.

When we were there, it was calm, but much cooler than I expected! Use your own judgement when you get there. I don't "swim" in the ocean...I merely need to get wet to cool off. Any beach is at the mercy of Mother Nature. Calm today..rough tomorrow...you really can't tell in advance!

Edited by cb at sea