High Tea on the Zaandam

tpamm

No extra charge for ANY tea on any HAL ship. There is only one Royal Dutch High Tea per cruise but there is usually tea every afternoon (except embarkation day) of the cruise.

That's right. There should also be an Indonesian Tea, and possibly a Cupcake Tea.

But most of them are low, afternoon teas, not high teas.

That's right. There should also be an Indonesian Tea, and possibly a Cupcake Tea.

But most of them are low, afternoon teas, not high teas.

That's why I like the Royal Dutch one: sausage rolls and creamed chicken in puff pasty shells. As if I need these in the afternoon, but so good!

possibly the longer cruises have higher teas or special teas than the weekly ones. Definitely, do not miss the Indonesian tea. The staff is very proud of this one and I find that they do remember which passengers they see there!!

Funny how unadorned words can be read on the internet. When you said "do not miss the Indonesian tea" I first thought you did not miss not going, instead of sayin what you intended - be sure not to miss this one. Oh dear, I just got caught in a tangle of double negatives - don't not not go.

Anyway - 100% agree - the Indonesian Tea is a not to be missed event - love those little green, palm sugar crepes. And the Sumatra coffee - so delicious.

We have also found topical additional teas offered like the Australian Tea when down that way - that included new items like that chocolate-coconut dusted roll up - the name of which escapes me now. Wellington - Paddington ---???

On the last Volendam they had a lavish dessert tea in the lower floor main dining room and they pulled out all the stops and covered all bases - far far better than their late evening chocolate extravaganza.

Second also the recommendation for the Royal Dutch Tea - love those hot appetizers and they do make an early dinner.

But on any given day even just a simple scone, cream and jam is just perfect for our mid-afternoon, particularly since we are late diners.

Edited by OlsSalt