Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

Thanks so much, the Hilton looks real nice! Is restaurants walkable for an evening meal or would a taxi be required?

Thanks

Don't know what is possibly within walking distance. If need be you can always get free promo codes for Uber or Lyft instead of a taxi

In searching for a 1 night precruise in Fort Lauderdale, I found the Renaissance on lmtclub for 136.53, including tax, for 12/5. Also found the Hilton Marina for 135 plus tax through Hilton MVP. Both are convenient to restaurants, Walgreens and the port.

Edited by cruzluvr2

Just booked the Intercontinental Miami on Hotwire for 12/11 (1 night) for $163 + taxes and resort fee / use promo code GET25 or SHARE25 to get $25 off hotel stay and book using Hotwire App

Thanks to OhioCruiser for posting info above! :)

Hotwire info: Downtown Miami area hotel 95% recommended / 4.5*

What convinced me it was the Intercontinental before booking was the $10 Resort Fee.

Amenities

Business center

Fitness center

Internet access

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Spa services

Accessibility

Accessible for visually impaired

Accessible for hearing impaired

Accessible path of travel

Thanks to the assistance from Better Bidding and their bidding helper link I just booked

InterContinental Miami - At Miami Center

100 Chopin Plaza, Miami, FL 33131

Wed, Sep 02, 2015 - Sun, Sep 06, 2015

Rate per night $109.00

Rooms ( 2 adults )1

Subtotal $436.00

Tax recovery charges + fees $88.10

Hotwire total $524.10

Estimated resort fee

Pay at hotel $40.00

Trip total $564.10

Hotel Amenities

Fitness center Pool(s) Restaurant(s) Business center Internet access Spa services

Accessibility

Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

I did not succeed in downloading the Hotwire App on my Ipad so could not use the $ 25 coupon discount, but we are very happy with this reservation and the rate!!!

We have booked the Intercontinental for years through LMT but this time there was no availability.

I am looking at this for January 3, 2016.

HOTWIRE

Any idea what hotel it is?

HOT RATE CONDO 3 1/2 stars $124

Fort Lauderdale Intl Airport area

Show map

Amenities

Free parking

Free Internet

Suite

Smoke-free rooms

Airport shuttle

Fitness center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Edited by dsvd79

Guest debbiejohncruise
Beware Hotwire 3.5* las olas downtown with no amenities listed and gathering reviews. It is the royal beach apartment complex

I have always had great success with Hotwire but when I saw I had the Las Olas Royal Beach apartments I did a quick recheck via Trip Advisor and saw very bad reviews 1 to 2 rating.......don't know why they would say 3.5* on Hotwire. Photo shopped pics of rooms too. Anyways, they let me do a "one time cancellation" and we booked a much better hotel. They should take this place off their list.

I am looking at this for January 3, 2016.

HOTWIRE

Any idea what hotel it is?

HOT RATE CONDO 3 1/2 stars $124

Fort Lauderdale Intl Airport area

Show map

Amenities

Free parking

Free Internet

Suite

Smoke-free rooms

Airport shuttle

Fitness center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business center

You could ask for assistance in identifying your hotel on Betterbidding.com

I put in for a 4 star beach area. I originally did $73 for a 4.5 star beach area and it was rejected.
It's a classic older property that you snagged for a good price. The only problem is that it really isn't on the beach. It is however, on the water taxi route and hopefully the stop which is right at the property will be re-opened when you stay there.

It's a classic older property that you snagged for a good price. The only problem is that it really isn't on the beach. It is however, on the water taxi route and hopefully the stop which is right at the property will be re-opened when you stay there.

Yep, that's what I've read. Still looks like a wonderful place for a one night stay and a good location. My husband and I aren't picky :) Can't beat the price!

Booked on Hotwire over the weekend for a one night stay in Dec on Miami beach. Booked in the Secret hotel Cat. It was showing a great deal for a 3* at 78% off!!!! So I grabbed it...... WOW!!!!! I got the Sixty Sixty Resort!!!! It's been shut down for major repairs and THEY ARE taking bookings but sending them to their Sister hotel the Casablanca, which is apparently just as bad! OMG!!! I can't believe Hotwire would even have it on their list of hotels if people can't stay there. I'm trying to get my money back but with no avail!

I called the hotel directly to see what, or even if we had a bed to sleep in but gave my Itinerary# and they gave me another phone # to call for information. I immediately e mailed and called Hotwire with no help!!!

I've booked many times with them but I'm so very disappointed with them and will think twice.

Just a heads up people when using Hotwire. Not good business to offer hotels but show up and have to be shuttled to another hotel!!

Guest debbiejohncruise

A few years ago we used Hotwire and got the Renaissance in Fort Lauderdale for an excellent price. For our upcoming cruise in Feb we booked with them (secret prices) and am happy with one and very disappointed with the other, Las Olas Apartments. I think I am going to be booking with standard rates from now on and check Trip Advisor before booking. They are booking some questionable places now. They mentioned to me that for hotels overseas, they are even using youth hostels! OMG.

A few years ago we used Hotwire and got the Renaissance in Fort Lauderdale for an excellent price. For our upcoming cruise in Feb we booked with them (secret prices) and am happy with one and very disappointed with the other, Las Olas Apartments. I think I am going to be booking with standard rates from now on and check Trip Advisor before booking. They are booking some questionable places now. They mentioned to me that for hotels overseas, they are even using youth hostels! OMG.

Wow!!! You know I've used them before as well as Priceline and have always had good results. I've been on the phone and emailing them and they won't budge on a refund.....even knowing that the hotel is closed. I don't understand why it would even be an option mi know my reservation isn't til Dec but it shouldn't have even been there!!! Lesson learned. I think just to be on the safe side when using the "secret" booking to go with a 4* property and shouldn't be any issued.....or at least not!!

They told me by the time we go it will be a "New" hotel. They must be doing a multi million dollar job if it's any indication to the reviews I've been reading!!! We have since booked another hotel and just won't be going there!!! Really sad to be just throwing away money but with such terrible reviews and knowing the doors won't even lock....and, you are in Miami....my first time I might add!!!! It's a pretty scary thing!!

This is why the LMTClub is a much better option than the opaque sights because you know where you're going, you can do your review research before you book and you save money over standard reservation sites.

I to am a member of that club. Absolutely. Most time the prices aren't as good. Also in U.S. Funds. So gotta watch that as our dollar isn't the best right now!! I certainly will be keeping my eye on it though....thanks for the reminder!

Has anyone had success lately (within the last 4 months) using The Bidding Traveler for Priceline hotels? I've used it successfully in the past, but tried a few times the past couple of weeks; it works for a couple of bids, then stalls out. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them?

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if the Riverside Hotel in Fort Lauderdale is listed on Priceline or hotwire,or any other discount sites?
I have seen it listed on Lmtclub, but YMMV depending upon when you want to stay and how far out you book. They have a current promo code when you go to the site which you pay 10 bucks for but you get an additional 15 bucks off your first booking so in actuality you save an extra 5 bucks.

If I bid on priceline for my hotel can I still leave my car at the hotel while on the cruise? I see most hotels offer a cruise park package but how does it work with priceline? Thanks
Sure you can and pay the full daily parking rate for the hotel while you're cruising. Try a site like trinity reservations, which offers park & stay packages and is the only site to do so without adding taxes or service charges. If you have to use priceline for a hotel, greenbee parking is the cheapest I have found using different hotels for parking only. Have found it as low as 5 bucks a night in Philly and Baltimore, and no taxes. But this way you would have to stay at 1 hotel and then drive to the other to park.

• 2 weeks later...

For Priceline, you can only bid on one room at a time. For Hotwire, they sometimes allow you to buy multiple rooms at once. For Priceline, there is no guarantee you will get the same hotel and for Hotwire, the same is true if you cannot buy all the rooms at once.