Hotwire

lbow2006

I attempted to search the forum for this first, but I am on my tablet and phone and each time I select search and try to type in the box my keyboard disappears. So while I'm sure this topic exists already I'd be grateful if a few people could reply. :)

I am curious if you booked through Hotwire for Fort Lauderdale or Miami and did the great deal/unknown hotel booking where you don't find out the name of your hotel until after booking: What hotel did you get? Were you happy with the result? What star rating was it under for hotwire?

Thanks!

I attempted to search the forum for this first, but I am on my tablet and phone and each time I select search and try to type in the box my keyboard disappears. So while I'm sure this topic exists already I'd be grateful if a few people could reply. :)

I am curious if you booked through Hotwire for Fort Lauderdale or Miami and did the great deal/unknown hotel booking where you don't find out the name of your hotel until after booking: What hotel did you get? Were you happy with the result? What star rating was it under for hotwire?

Thanks!

It's rather easy to figure out what the hidden hotel is on priceline and hotwire. At times it can be difficult but generally if you take some time researching you can figure out most of them before booking so you will know what your getting and if it is a good deal or not.

Open 1 page with the hidden deals and another with the standard hotels. Match up the amenities / area / star rating in the standard hotels section to shorten the list of possible hotels. Sometimes it only leaves one possible left or maybe two but most are easy to figure out.

You can also go to betterbidding dot com which helps figure out what the hotels are but again it's easy to figure out most of them on your own.

Out of curiosity what date are looking at? and do you want lauderdale or Miami? I don't mind checking quickly to see if I can list the names of a few hidden hotels for you.

Edited by jb456

Just noticed your cruise date, I guess your looking for a hotel for Nov 28th in Miami?

I did not go through all of them but for your date NOV 28th 2015 on Priceline below are some of the EXPRESS DEALS. Page 1 and start of page 2 express deals.

To many to go through. So if you want to list what star and area your looking for then I will see if I can figure out those hotels. Or if you have a specific hotel your trying to figure out provide the info (star, area, price, amenities) and I will figure out the hotel name for you.

Again below are some of priceline EXPRESS deals for NOV 28th in Miami.

2 Star North Miami Area Hotel for $58 is Rodeway Inn Miami.

2 Star Miami International Airport (MIA) Area Hotel for $78 is Red Roof Plus Miami Airport

3 Star Miami International Airport (MIA) Area Hotel for $81 is Cambria Suites Miami Airport Blue Lagoon

4 Star Coral Gables - Coconut Grove Area Hotel for $126 is Mayfair Hotel And Spa

4 Star South Beach - Central Area Hotel for $164 is Stiles Hotel

4 Star Miami Downtown Area Hotel for $160 is Intercontinental Miami

3.5 Star Miami Downtown Area Hotel for $102 is Hotel Urbano

3 Star Miami Beach Area Hotel for $94 is Miami Beach Resort & Spa

4 Star Miami Beach Area Hotel for $185 is Quarzo Boutique Hotel Bal Harbour

3.5 Star South Beach - Ocean Drive Area Hotel for $153 is Winter Haven, Autograph Collection

3.5 Star Miami International Airport (MIA) Area Hotel for $132 is Crowne Plaza Miami International Airport

2 Star Miami Lakes - Hialeah Area Hotel for $111 is Ramada Miami Airport North

4.5 Star South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront Area Hotel for $232 is Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach

3 Star Miami Downtown Area Hotel for $159 is Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown

4 Star Miami Airport West - Doral Area Hotel for $154 is Provident Doral At The Blue Miami

2 Star Miami Airport West - Doral Area Hotel for $107 is Quality Inn Miami Airport

3 Star Miami Airport West - Doral Area Hotel for $107 is Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral

3 Star Southwest Miami Area Hotel for $89 is Best Western Plus Kendall Airport Hotel

3.5 Star South Beach - Central Area Hotel for $157 is Albion Hotel

Page 2 of express deals

4 Star South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront Area Hotel for $202 is The Redbury South Beach

3.5 Star Miami Lakes - Hialeah Area Hotel for $107 is Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes

2.5 Star Bay Harbor Islands - North Bay Village Area Hotel for $99 is Best Western On The Bay Inn & Suites

4.5 Star Miami Beach Area Hotel for $225 is Grand Beach Hotel Surfside

EDIT - In case others read this these are some of the hotels ONLY for NOV 28 2015 as they could change by the date your looking

Edited by jb456

Did you look at the Sticky at the top of the board?

In addition to the sticky suggested by Bruce I would do lots of homework on www dot betterbidding dot com before booking anything on one of those blind sites. Lots of hotel, area and bidding strategy info. ;)

Just noticed your cruise date, I guess your looking for a hotel for Nov 28th in Miami?

I did not go through all of them but for your date NOV 28th 2015 on Priceline below are some of the EXPRESS DEALS. Page 1 and start of page 2 express deals.

To many to go through. So if you want to list what star and area your looking for then I will see if I can figure out those hotels. Or if you have a specific hotel your trying to figure out provide the info (star, area, price, amenities) and I will figure out the hotel name for you.

2 Star Miami International Airport (MIA) Area Hotel for $78 is Red Roof Plus Miami Airport

3 Star Miami International Airport (MIA) Area Hotel for $81 is Cambria Suites Miami Airport Blue Lagoon

4 Star Coral Gables - Coconut Grove Area Hotel for $126 is Mayfair Hotel And Spa

3.5 Star South Beach - Ocean Drive Area Hotel for $153 is Winter Haven, Autograph Collection

3.5 Star Miami International Airport (MIA) Area Hotel for $132 is Crowne Plaza Miami International Airport

4.5 Star South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront Area Hotel for $232 is Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach

4 Star Miami Airport West - Doral Area Hotel for $154 is Provident Doral At The Blue Miami

2 Star Miami Airport West - Doral Area Hotel for $107 is Quality Inn Miami Airport

3 Star Miami Airport West - Doral Area Hotel for $107 is Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral

3 Star Southwest Miami Area Hotel for $89 is Best Western Plus Kendall Airport Hotel

Page 2 of express deals

4 Star South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront Area Hotel for $202 is The Redbury South Beach

2.5 Star Bay Harbor Islands - North Bay Village Area Hotel for $99 is Best Western On The Bay Inn & Suites

EDIT - In case others read this these are some of the hotels ONLY for NOV 28 2015 as they could change by the date your looking

I am not the OP nor do I need a hotel for that date but just wanted to say that it was very kind of you to go through the trouble of looking-up this information for another poster that is not as familiar with the bidding process.

Kudos to you for Paying-it-Forward ! :)

Page 2 of express deals

Thank you so much! I truly appreciate it and (as another poster pointed out) I apologize as I somehow missed the sticky at the top of the board. :)

Hopefully I can get myself more familiar with the bidding process (I actually used Hotwire's undisclosed hotels for our 2012 trip, but was less concerned at the time with where we would end up) so that I am able to figure these out easily. Then I can help out someone else when they are in my position. :)

To the OP, I am not an expert but I have used hotwire about 10 times. I pick the least amount of stars I would be happy with. All of us have different budgets. I choose 3-4 stars and have never been disappointed. I usually get a room for about 50 per cent off.

I am not the OP nor do I need a hotel for that date but just wanted to say that it was very kind of you to go through the trouble of looking-up this information for another poster that is not as familiar with the bidding process.

Kudos to you for Paying-it-Forward ! :)

Thanks for your kind words :)

Thank you so much! I truly appreciate it and (as another poster pointed out) I apologize as I somehow missed the sticky at the top of the board. :)

Hopefully I can get myself more familiar with the bidding process (I actually used Hotwire's undisclosed hotels for our 2012 trip, but was less concerned at the time with where we would end up) so that I am able to figure these out easily. Then I can help out someone else when they are in my position. :)

Your welcome! Again just to make sure. The hotels listed are for express deals NOT bidding. Bidding could be different hotels and I don't really play with the bidding much so I can't be much help for that.

If your looking on Hotwires hidden hotels or Pricelines express deals and want to know which hotel it is write the star rating, area, amount of room, amenities on here and I will try to find the name of the hotel for you.

Is there a particular star and area you want to stay?

Edited by jb456

Your welcome! Again just to make sure. The hotels listed are for express deals NOT bidding. Bidding could be different hotels and I don't really play with the bidding much so I can't be much help for that.

If your looking on Hotwires hidden hotels or Pricelines express deals and want to know which hotel it is write the star rating, area, amount of room, amenities on here and I will try to find the name of the hotel for you.

Is there a particular star and area you want to stay?

I've been looking at Hotwire because I need a room for 4 people and read that Priceline's undisclosed hotels only guarantee double occupancy.

I would like at least a 3 star hotel, but the area is a bit open. I've been looking in Miami Beach and the Hollywood Beach area. My dates in my signature are actually incorrect, but after you took all that time to list those hotels for me I didn't want you to feel that it was wasted. :(

My new date is actually November 14th. I was able to narrow down a few I was looking at by using your advice, but some I tried to match up based on star rating and amenities and wound up with no hotel in the same area, lol. :o

My new date is actually November 14th. I was able to narrow down a few I was looking at by using your advice, but some I tried to match up based on star rating and amenities and wound up with no hotel in the same area, lol. :o

What happens sometimes is if amenities are still clicked while changing areas it might display false info like no hotels. Example if you have pet friendly 4 star clicked in one area then you go to change to beach area and there are no 4 stars that are pet friendly (just an example) then it would display no hotels even though there are hotels in that area.

Be sure to remove all amenities first then change areas and star rating.

It sounds though that your starting to get the hang of it :)

What happens sometimes is if amenities are still clicked while changing areas it might display false info like no hotels. Example if you have pet friendly 4 star clicked in one area then you go to change to beach area and there are no 4 stars that are pet friendly (just an example) then it would display no hotels even though there are hotels in that area.

Be sure to remove all amenities first then change areas and star rating.

It sounds though that your starting to get the hang of it :)

Hmm I did reset all filters. Maybe I need to try again! :)

Hmm I did reset all filters. Maybe I need to try again! :)

Alright so for Hotwire to see if your on the right path. Did you get the same results for this 3 star beach area hotel?

3 Star Miami Beach Area Resort for $143 is Miami Beach Resort

Also I do see a tricky one :) like I mentioned in another post some can be difficult.

The 3 star Miami beach area CONDO for $146. I had trouble finding this one. No results found on standard view.

How I figured this one out is by clicking it to go to the next page to book. On the next page it said "This hotel charges a resort fee of about $10.95 per room per night"

I then used google and typed in "Miami beach resort fee 10.95" and what came up was Westgate South Beach Oceanfront Resort

If there is a particular one your trying to figure out post all the details here and I will try to help you ;)

Page 2 of express deals

WOW! You rock! I need a room for 01/15/16 for 3 adults and 1 child (10) but I don't see any great deals yet like those you've posted above (specifically Intercontinental). Is it too early? I want to stay downtown Miami or FLL Beach (near where Westin Beach Resort is located). Not sure which beach area this is considered. I got lucky the last time and booked Westin on Hotwire. I pretty much figured it out with Better Bidding but I seem to be struggling this time but my guess is it is just too early.

WOW! You rock! I need a room for 01/15/16 for 3 adults and 1 child (10) but I don't see any great deals yet like those you've posted above (specifically Intercontinental). Is it too early? I want to stay downtown Miami or FLL Beach (near where Westin Beach Resort is located). Not sure which beach area this is considered. I got lucky the last time and booked Westin on Hotwire. I pretty much figured it out with Better Bidding but I seem to be struggling this time but my guess is it is just too early.

Possibly to early but there are other factors as well likely driving up the price range. Your date is smack in the middle of "high season" and it's also for a Friday night...

Alright so for Hotwire to see if your on the right path. Did you get the same results for this 3 star beach area hotel?

3 Star Miami Beach Area Resort for $143 is Miami Beach Resort

Also I do see a tricky one :) like I mentioned in another post some can be difficult.

The 3 star Miami beach area CONDO for $146. I had trouble finding this one. No results found on standard view.

How I figured this one out is by clicking it to go to the next page to book. On the next page it said "This hotel charges a resort fee of about $10.95 per room per night"

I then used google and typed in "Miami beach resort fee 10.95" and what came up was Westgate South Beach Oceanfront Resort

If there is a particular one your trying to figure out post all the details here and I will try to help you ;)

I actually did get Miami Beach resort for that one, yay!

The condo thing confused me though for sure. I was afraid to attempt to book any of those because I thought they would truly be random condos somewhere. :)

Thanks for your kind words :)

Your nickname should be Columbo. I agree - you were very helpful. So nice to see. Often there are posters who make me want to stop reading on cruise critic because they are so nasty. You are certainly NOT one of them.

Wendy

Possibly to early but there are other factors as well likely driving up the price range. Your date is smack in the middle of "high season" and it's also for a Friday night...

And it is the beginning of a 3 day weekend (Martin Luther King Day).

We used Hotwire for Hollywood FL and got the Westin on the beach for $99. Upgraded to an ocean front at the hotel for $20 more. Awesome score in my book!

That does sound like a great deal!!! I may need to wait a bit because most of the deals for Nov 14th are closer to $150 which is more like $180 after fees. I would love a deal at a good place for $99. :)

That does sound like a great deal!!! I may need to wait a bit because most of the deals for Nov 14th are closer to $150 which is more like $180 after fees. I would love a deal at a good place for $99. :)

If you never used their app you could save $25. Download their app and try either promo code welcome25 or share25 one of them should work.

So if I click on the tab that actually shows you the hotel name on Hotwire, below the named hotel it it says you can book this unnamed hotel in the same area for less. It looks to be the same hotel (same review rating). Is it a safe bet to assume it is the same hotel? Does this even make sense? LOL!

So if I click on the tab that actually shows you the hotel name on Hotwire, below the named hotel it it says you can book this unnamed hotel in the same area for less. It looks to be the same hotel (same review rating). Is it a safe bet to assume it is the same hotel? Does this even make sense? LOL!

I understand what your talking about but no that is not how to figure them out.

Have one page open with the secret deals and another page open with the standard hotels.

If the secret deal is 4 star Miami beach area. Then you go to standard view page and select 4 stars to shorten the list. Then go back to the secret hotel and look at the amenities (business center, restaurant, pet friendly, etc)...... go back to the standard view page and start clicking those amenities to shorten the list even more.

Then you might have to look at the map in the standard view to see what hotels are left in the beach area. If there are only a few left then start looking at pricing, etc to try to shorten that list even more. Example if the secret deals is regular $260 on sale for $180 and in standard hotels your left with 4 hotels , 3 of which are $300+ a night and one that is $259 then chances are the secret hotel is the $259 hotel.

On another note I noticed Hotwire changed some things to make it more difficult to figure out hotels. In the past you were able to select area in standard view (now you can't) and in secret deals they also used to show how much percentage off the hotel was (like how priceline shows them) this was very helpful to. If for example you had two hotels in a very close price range, then you would calculate the % of savings to figure out which hotel it was.

Seems like hotwire is trying to make it a bit more tricky to figure out the hotels lol but it is still doable.. Some you will just have to research more :)

Another tip if it's a "resort" hotel. Lets say it left you with 4 hotels and you were not sure which one it was... If you click the hotel to go to the next step it will show the "resort fee". It might say this hotel typically charges a $12 resort fee per night..... So the 4 hotels in standard view if you also click each one to go to the next page as if you were going to book will also say what the typical resort fee is.. If two hotels are $15, one $13 and the final one $12 then you now know which one of those hotels are the secret hotel.

To bad your more then two people as priceline is much easier to figure the hotels out.

What hotel are you trying to figure out? List the star, area, price, and I will try to help you!

Edited by jb456