Getting off On Own on Tender

koss78b2

So will be here by a Carnival lCruise later in October. thinking of doing an excursions with someone independent from shore.

question i ask, my ship docks around 730am

what time you think i could get to shore earliest? since i not booking with carnival nor a platinum member?

and its a tender?

how long of a wait or how soon u think i could make it too shore? thanks

Tenders hold 200+ people and shore is only 5 minutes away... the whole ship could get off within an hour, but many don't get off at all.

No need to worry. Be SURE to get back to catch a tender at least 30 minutes before the stated time. The line gets LONG, we had to wait about 30 minutes in a long, long line in order to get a tender. I hate waiting in line, in the sun, especially when I am tired.

If ship leaves at 4 what time is last tender?

they will post it at the ship exit points and print it in the Fun Times. Be sure to use a wrist watch and not your cell phone to tell time, they may be very different.

when we were there last month, it was posted last tender 45 minutes before departure time... I can say that we saw tenders arriving up until departure time... but I am sure all those people were in line waiting for a tender on shore before that.

We're looking at a private snorkel tour at 8:30 on November 11th (our ship "docks" at 7 so it sounds like that works) but my concern is if weather keeps us from tendering.

Generally if you cannot tender in, the tour companies will refund the money, but that is something you should get from them before booking. I would not book a company that won't refund due to inability to tender.....especially in Cayman. Good news is that most will refund. Just confirm.

So will be here by a Carnival lCruise later in October. thinking of doing an excursions with someone independent from shore.

question i ask, my ship docks around 730am

what time you think i could get to shore earliest? since i not booking with carnival nor a platinum member?

and its a tender?

how long of a wait or how soon u think i could make it too shore? thanks

. . .. this shouldn't be an issue, they know the schedules and about how long it takes to get in. You probably won't be the only one off the ship doing business with them anyway. The internet and these sites have chased many of the fly by night operations from the cruise ports.

We're looking at a private snorkel tour at 8:30 on November 11th (our ship "docks" at 7 so it sounds like that works) but my concern is if weather keeps us from tendering.

Also, confirm that local time is the same as ship time. I thought we would be late, but there was a time difference.