balcony breakfast worth it?

CU64

Is there a charge for the balcony breakfast if you are in a suite?

Yes there is a charge in any cabin for the UBB.

You have the special suite breakfast in one of the specialty restaurants (depending on ship) with no charge.

You can also order whatever you want for breakfast in a suite from RS. No charge.

Princess Australia have recently run a promotion where repeat customers get a free Balcony Breakfast experience. We've never done it and it doesn't appeal. I'm wondering if we can trade it for Balcony dinner or a specialty restaurant? Maybe pay a little more. Anyone done this?

Yes there is a charge in any cabin for the UBB.

You have the special suite breakfast in one of the specialty restaurants (depending on ship) with no charge.

You can also order whatever you want for breakfast in a suite from RS. No charge.

So if I can order whatever I want from room service at no charge if I am in a suite, couldn't I just order the items I wanted for breakfast in our suite?

This will be our first time on Princess, so sorry for all the questions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 7 months later...

I know this thread is a few months old but still relevant. :)

DH and I are in a suite for our November cruise and our TA gifted us a balcony breakfast on the first sea day. If we want to cancel this, will the TA know? I don't want to hurt her feelings and have her find out we cancelled. We get the suite breakfast in Crown Grill, a nicer room service menu, the buffet, etc so it's not like we'll be starving and need more food. Plus, this doesn't sound all that exciting....rather have the dinner.

In case we do keep this....If you don't want all the fish for breakfast, who do you speak with about changing the menu? The dine line?

TIA !!

So if I can order whatever I want from room service at no charge if I am in a suite, couldn't I just order the items I wanted for breakfast in our suite?

Yes, you can just order the breakfast items you want from Room Service at no charge. Champagne would be extra, of course, but regular beverages are no charge.

I think that Room Service items are no charge, regardless of type of cabin. We were in a balcony cabin and ordered Room Service the day we were in Tracy Arm Fjord. The food arrived within 25 minutes, hot scrambled eggs, bacon, pastries, juice, coffee, exactly as we ordered. Loved it, and we didn't need lunch that day. Room Service is the best !:p:p:pEBC

DH and I are in a suite for our November cruise and our TA gifted us a balcony breakfast on the first sea day. If we want to cancel this, will the TA know? I don't want to hurt her feelings and have her find out we cancelled. We get the suite breakfast in Crown Grill, a nicer room service menu, the buffet, etc so it's not like we'll be starving and need more food. Plus, this doesn't sound all that exciting....rather have the dinner.

In case we do keep this....If you don't want all the fish for breakfast, who do you speak with about changing the menu? The dine line?

TIA !!

I would go down to the front desk and see if it can be converted into OBC. I don't think that they report back to your TA about it.

This will be our first time on Princess, so sorry for all the questions.

Yes. Just not the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast (which there is a charge for).

So yes just create your own in your suite by ordering from RS. ;)

TIA !!

Being in a full suite, you may not enjoy the UBB. Crown Grill breakfast might be nicer. :)

If you do want mimosas on the balcony though, it might be a nice treat. I've heard of people changing up the food items on the room service menu with luck and without luck, but for the UBB, I'm sure you can request something other than fish.

Enjoy your cruise!