Pub Lunch on 3 day cruise?

#1Nanna

It may well depend on the particular sailing. We did have a pub lunch on a 4 day cruise but I've been told by others that it's something that "may or may not" happen on these shorter cruises.

Hopefully you will have one. Some say they are a total waste but we enjoyed ours and are looking forward to doing it on our next cruises as well.

Yes they will have it on a sea day, I'm going next week( on a 4 day) and can't wait for the mushy peas....yummm

I don't know how you know this for sure!!!!

I think Coveguy4 is saying it's only held on sea days. That's certainly a "for sure!!!!"

BTW, for me it is Bangers and Mash, washed down with a Boddington's Ale.

Edited by beg3yrs

The lunch will be advertised in the Patter. It happens on sea days. There is no extra charge (except for beverages from the bar) and the idea is to replicate an authentic lunch in a pub. It is usually held in one of the bars or one of the steak restaurants. The menu is typical pub fare: fish and chips, bangers and mash, etc. I think there is a picture of one of the menus around here somewhere.

The lunch will be advertised in the Patter. It happens on sea days. There is no extra charge (except for beverages from the bar) and the idea is to replicate an authentic lunch in a pub. It is usually held in one of the bars or one of the steak restaurants. The menu is typical pub fare: fish and chips, bangers and mash, etc. I think there is a picture of one of the menus around here somewhere.

Thanks for the response it sounds good, I'll do a search for a menu.

Hi Lerin

As a Brit ( Scotland is still with the UK thank god!!! ) and a regular Princess cruiser(Platinum), we always attend the Pub lunch. It is a quite good approximation to a British pub lunch. The Fish and chips really need a good covering of Malt vinegar!!! Mushy peas are an art form to get right, but still the ship makes a valiant effort.

Thanks for the response it sounds good, I'll do a search for a menu.
We had a couple different menus this summer. I can only seem to find a photo of the second one, though. It included:

• Fish and chips: Deep-fried cod fillet in batter with chips, mushy peas, tartar sauce and malt vinegar
  • Breaded prawns & chips in the basket: Favourite pub grub with ketchup and tartar sauce
  • Chicken curry: Deliciusly [sic] spiced, served with aromatic rice pilaf
  • Scotch egg and salad, from the pantry :confused:: A hard boiled egg wrapped in sausage meat, coated with bread crumbs and deep-fried
  • Sherry trifle: One of Britain's most loved desserts, a layered treat of sponge, fruit, jelly and cream

I believe the other menu had fish and chips, steak and kidney pie, and a ploughman's lunch. Maybe bangers and mash. I forget the dessert, maybe sticky toffee pudding?