Official Meet & Mingle--Jewel of the Seas

I'm on back-to-back cruises on the Jewel...coming up REAL SOON...In fact, I fly out to Rome on Tuesday...

Both cruises have now met the 25 registrant minimum for an official Meet & Mingle...

So, I go to that posted schedule on the RCCL website where they list the "confirmed" Meet & Mingles...and, of course, both are on the list...as are several others upcoming on the Jewel... including the June 18 sailing--scheduled to embark THIS coming Sunday....Except, unlike most of the others, NONE of the Jewel sailings list a time or room...

Is it that Royal Caribbean...or the ship...just hasn't figured it out yet? Or just that they haven't bothered posting and don't intend to?

I find it sometimes important to have this info ahead of time...because, there have been cruises where they have neglected to place an invitation in my cabin...and the people at Guest Relations are clueless...

We were on jots in February, and didn't have a time ahead of time, and didn't get the invite in our cabin, but kicked out that we happened to be sitting in the bar (whatever the sports bar is) just before the meet and greet, so it worked out.

Not sure this helps, but I would check when you get in the ship and see. If you don't have the invite, just check with customer service.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

Hi,

we also have a cruise on Jewel , about two weeks after yours and nothing is listed in the confirmed list referring to time or location ...... but that is nothing new ..... Serenade cruise back in dec did not show time and location either.

Ours is a western med cruise and the first 5 days are all port days, so it will be very difficult to have a M&M ..... every morning people will be getting ready to enjoy the ports and when they get back it will be time for dinner and shows ....... so when would be a good time to have the M&M ?

I am also wondering how they handle the formals ...... the same thing no time to get ready on the port days.

does anyone know how is that done ( both the M&M and the formals). ? when there is no convenient time to do it ?

Last week it was held in the Sports bar at 10 am on the sea day. Unfortunately this was the day after a clock change so it was really 9am.......only approx 10 turned up out of a huge active roll call ( I hang my head in admitting I was still in bed...) but it looks like that is their venue of choice. We did receive invites.

When on Vision (port intensive) they held it around 6p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for responding and the information.

Our first 5 days are port intensive ...... so I do not see them doing anything in the morning ...... I do not see them doing it at 6PM, many of us got traditional dinner at 6PM. After dinner which can drag for 2 hours, will be some shows .

I just do not see any convenient time slot for the M&M. on our cruise.

I also do not see any nights ( except maybe the last night after the sea day) for the formals. When people get back from ports there is hardly any time left for getting ready for the formal.

We will be on the Jewel Feb. 11, 2018. Anybody else planning on that one?

Me wife and I did that same one this year (2/12), and liked it another, that my coworker and her there daughters and some friends are doing it next year.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

I'm on back-to-back cruises on the Jewel...coming up REAL SOON...In fact, I fly out to Rome on Tuesday...

Both cruises have now met the 25 registrant minimum for an official Meet & Mingle...

So, I go to that posted schedule on the RCCL website where they list the "confirmed" Meet & Mingles...and, of course, both are on the list...as are several others upcoming on the Jewel... including the June 18 sailing--scheduled to embark THIS coming Sunday....Except, unlike most of the others, NONE of the Jewel sailings list a time or room...

Is it that Royal Caribbean...or the ship...just hasn't figured it out yet? Or just that they haven't bothered posting and don't intend to?

I find it sometimes important to have this info ahead of time...because, there have been cruises where they have neglected to place an invitation in my cabin...and the people at Guest Relations are clueless...

In all my 7 day cruises, the time and date were posted 2 weeks to 30 days ahead, but on my last Adventure cruise it wasn't posted till 2 day ahead. Looking at that list, some ships haven't updated months.

We were on JW for to sailings earlier this year. We were told from shipboard staff that they aren't able to confirm a date/time/location until 2 or 3 days prior to each sailing.