Best VALUE cruises

drsel

Dear experts,

In your opinion, which are the best VALUE for money cruises on the basis of Cost per day

v/s

Included freebies--

1) Quality of entertainment

2) Non stop activities,

3) Complimentary dining,

4) Other included freebies,

5) OBC offered, etc

Thanks!

The best value are the trans Atlantic cruises while the freebies are nice I look for a good OBC to use for specialty dining. With the many sea days plus unusual ports of calls you can enjoy a nice vacation feeling relaxed when you arrive to Europe ready to tour a city.

I use the cruises to a destination sch as Amsterdam with stops in unique ports along the way. I find that a port heavy itinerary is more like an expensive ferry boat as you are too tired to experience the entertainment. I like a mix of sea days and port days.

Dear experts,

In your opinion, which are the best VALUE for money cruises on the basis of Cost per day

v/s

Included freebies--

1) Quality of entertainment

2) Non stop activities,

3) Complimentary dining,

4) Other included freebies,

5) OBC offered, etc

Thanks!

Probably NCL for their pretty standard "other included freebies", like specialty dining and drink packages.

If asking specifically about Royal, I would say an inside guarantee on a re-positioning cruise.

Interesting web site.

I see that the dates I want to travel when my kids are out of school, late December 2017 and 2018, there are zero sailings listed.

Not sure how you are searching but I see plenty of sailings. We are booked on the same 6 day Freedom cruise you were on - right before Xmas. Granted, you might not like the price, but they are available.

Unless there's some sort of premium entertainment that's advertised on a few specific ships, there's not good info on entertainment in order to do comparisons.

NCL has Free at Sea but I swear their prices increased when they added Free at Sea.

You need to factor in the cost for any flights to/from the port. The cruise may be cheap but the flight is expensive.

Absolutely! I always add the costs of visas and airfare to see the overall cost and then calculate the bang for my buck.

I have never thought of cruising as any sort of value.

Just an expensive tan...

A cruise can be a fabulous vacation at a bargain price, if you spot and grab the value deals that appear off and on.

We enjoyed a 9 day Celebrity Cruise for just $451 in an Ocean view cabin with $150 OBC included! Now thats an incredible deal, very rare to find. The entertainment, shows, food and every thing else was perfect

Cruises < 30 days can be very inexpensive. Even decent airfare to common ports.

I wonder why the very long World cruises ( 30--70 days) are highly overpriced, (upto $12441 pp) even when you consider cost per day.($183 pppd X 70 days)

Is it because only retired people can take such a cruise and the Cruise lines think that they are super rich and can be exploited?

And how can they provide you with different shows and activities for 70 nights?

... And how can they provide you with different shows and activities for 70 nights?

I would expect that they take on entertainers at one port and drop them off at a different port a few days later.

I wonder why the very long World cruises ( 30--70 days) are highly overpriced, (upto $12441 pp) even when you consider cost per day.($183 pppd X 70 days)

Is it because only retired people can take such a cruise and the Cruise lines think that they are super rich and can be exploited?

And how can they provide you with different shows and activities for 70 nights?

30 to 70 days seems rather short for a world cruise. Most of them will be more in the range of 100-120 days.

As for the price of world-cruises I think it´s - as probably always - a matter of supply and demand. In addition I think there´s a lot more planning and cost involved to organize a world-cruise vs. your standard week after week after week itinerary.