Cost of specialty restaurants on Nieuw Amsterdam?

Ginnyfyr

My parents will be sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam in the spring and are impossibly hard to shop for. I would like to buy them dinner in the Italian and Steakhouse restaurants as one of their Christmas gifts...can anyone tell me what the charge per person is? Thank you!

Ginnyfry,

My favorite HAL ship! $29.00 per person Pinnicale Grill. $10.00 per person I believe for Italian. Both are our Fav! We will be on a B2B in March on her!!!

I have booked several Pinnicale reservations, and several packages with all 3 restraunts with the Tamrinnd. That is also a wonderful place! A great Christmas Gift!

Happy Thanksgiving😄

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam B2B March 2015 Western and Eastern Carribean

Thanks so much, DeeniEncinitas! What is Tamarind?

It is a wonderful Asian Restraunt with fabulous sushi, dim sum, and complete Asian meals. The presentation is wonderful, the staff go out of their way to please you! We did a 24 day Med cruise last year on the Nieuw and they surprised us for our 42 Anniversary which we got married very young and my retirement as a DDS, with champange and a wide array of sushi that was to die for!

Sincerely,

Denise

Oh that sounds amazing! Is there a charge for this restaurant? Honestly, not sure if it would be my parents cup of tea but I'm certainly intrigued for if my husband and I ever try Holland America! Lol

Dinner is $20pp. I believe lunch is free. Reservations are required.

To arrange the gift you can call Ship services at the main Holland America number. Give them the date of the cruise and date of sailing together with your parents name and they will make the arrangements. An invitation or similar card will likely be in their stateroom when they embark.

Dinner is $20pp. I believe lunch is free. Reservations are required.

Shrimpboat,

You are right! Lunch is free! Get there early because there is always a line!

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam B2B Western/Eastern Carribean Cruisre March 2015

3STAR Becoming 4 on next cruise

Here are the scanned menus in PDF format for the HAL Specialty Restaurants, Beverages, and Room Service:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=908

Print a copy of the Pinnacle, Tamarind, and Canaletto menus, add a ribbon, and them a Christmas gift.

If possible, make reservations for dinner on the HAL website before boarding to get a time that is best for you.

From the HAL website:

On every voyage, the Pinnacle Grill offers "An Evening at Le Cirque" for a unique taste of Sirio Maccioni’s legendary New York restaurant. The price to dine is $49.00 per person, per evening.

We did this on the Eurodam and really enjoyed it.

Edited by Boytjie

Best thing going is the lunch in the Pinnacle. Their lunches are awesome and only $10.

I so agree.:) I think I actually enjoy the lunch better than dinner, excellent choices on the menu, and a little more relaxed. Add a glass of wine, and I'm happy.:D

Ryten,

I did the 3 specialty restraunts online for our next Nieuw cruise and paid $50. As a 3 star I get 25% off which is nice!

You're absolutely right. Unfortunately I didn't get my third star until my last trip ended. For those of us that like the specialty restaurants, it is a nice perk. Now all we need are 125 more cruise day credits for 50% off. Can't wait LOL

Best thing going is the lunch in the Pinnacle. Their lunches are awesome and only $10.

I completely forgot about Pinnicale! Just call over to make reservations day in advance? Is there any link to check out lunch menu?

Thankyou😄

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam B2B Western/Eastern Caribbean Cruise 3/15/15

3STAR becoming 4 on next cruise

I completely forgot about Pinnicale! Just call over to make reservations day in advance? Is there any link to check out lunch menu?

Thankyou

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam B2B Western/Eastern Caribbean Cruise 3/15/15

3STAR becoming 4 on next cruise

Better than a link, here is the lunch menu in PDF format:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Pinnacle-Grill-Lunch.pdf

Edited by Crew News

Crew News👍

THANKYOU so much! Love the menu items! We will definitely be enjoying our lunch there as well as libations 😄

Sincerely,

Denise

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam B2B Western/Eastern Caribbean Cruise 3/15/2015

3 STAR becoming 4 on next cruise

Crew News,

Thankyou so much for the menu! It is almost 8pm San Diego time and just finished our big Thanksgiving! Got back to CC and checked, saw your reply. Good menu! I appreciate the menu! Will be doing lunch at the Pinnicale!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sincerely,

Denise

Crew News,

Thankyou so much for the menu! It is almost 8pm San Diego time and just finished our big Thanksgiving! Got back to CC and checked, saw your reply. Good menu! I appreciate the menu! Will be doing lunch at the Pinnicale!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sincerely,

Denise

Glad I could help. We will be on the NA Dec 7th.

Ginnyfry,

My favorite HAL ship! $29.00 per person Pinnicale Grill. $10.00 per person I believe for Italian. Both are our Fav! We will be on a B2B in March on her!!!

I have booked several Pinnicale reservations, and several packages with all 3 restraunts with the Tamrinnd. That is also a wonderful place! A great Christmas Gift!

Happy Thanksgiving

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam B2B March 2015 Western and Eastern Carribean

Oh dear, BOTH dining venues have increased in price! :eek: I'll remain eating (all) my meals in the Lido, (to be known as 'Market Lido' on the 'Koningsdam'), where the cost of the meals is INCLUDED in the cost of my fare! ;)