Pantyhose again

MIJOY

I know pantyhose are out of fashion, but I like to wear them anyway. Wanted to let everyone know Costco is now carrying them, Hanes Silk Reflections. This was quite exciting for me, as good pantyhose are hard to find in my area.

Edited by HOLIDAYCROCKET

I know pantyhose are out of fashion, but I like to wear them anyway. Wanted to let everyone know Costco is now carrying them, Hanes Silk Reflections. This was quite exciting for me, as good pantyhose are hard to find in my area.

I still wear them lots of the time. I like them because they keep my legs warm. I am all ways cold.

"Like"!

I feel underdressed if I'm dressed up and don't have panyhose on. And I know my legs look a whole lot better, plus I get fewer blisters on my feet.

No one wants to see my pasty naked 60 yo legs on formal night, nor the frowny face from painful feet!

Guest maddycat
"Like"!

I feel underdressed if I'm dressed up and don't have panyhose on. And I know my legs look a whole lot better, plus I get fewer blisters on my feet.

No one wants to see my pasty naked 60 yo legs on formal night, nor the frowny face from painful feet!

I know what you mean. I can't wear any closed shoes without something on my feet (pantyhose, knee highs, socks).

"Like"!

You and I are in the same generation. I like panty hose when I am dressed up, especially when wearing heels. I really feel under dressed with out them.

I often bypass hose on a cruise, but I have nothing against them whatsoever. Where I work, they are part of our dress code. I can't imagine having bare legs in cold weather, no matter where I am.

good to know about Costco - those are my favoriates and I also do not feel

'dressed' with out them

"Like"!

My 60-yo legs aren't pasty and I figure that people can look away if their retinas are burning. I choose shoes that I can wear without hose without pain and it's all good for me.:)

I'm 57 and guess I don't feel that I'm from the "same generation" as women who must wear pantyhose to feel dressed up. If I feel like my legs look too white I put on some self-tanner or wear pants or a long dress.

I always wear pantyhose when I get dressed up and sometimes at work. I am glad they are coming back. JC Penney used to have a good variety, but not anymore. I buy from Silkies, good quality and they last a long time.

Another vote for hosiery. For anything other than very casual occasions, I don't feel my outfit is complete without pantyhose, tights or some kind of stockings. My legs look much nicer with some coverage, and I don't like the feeling of bare feet in closed shoes or boots.

• 3 weeks later...

I have around 60 pairs.

All in different colours, patterns and deniers.

For me they are a part of an outfit...and my friends always eagerly await what I'm wearing :D

Again, I think age has a lot to do with whether bare legs or pantihose look better. Most women in my age group would look not as put together or attractive with bare white legs.

I think girls in their 20's and 30's, even 40 can pull it off.

I recently cleaned out drawers/closets.....one of the drawers was socks/

hose....lol....there were no hose. I am trying to think back to the last

time I wore any:eek:......it may depend on the person, more than the

outfit. When I dress up on cruises? My dresses are long enough I

don't need any hose and would wear a sandal. IF it is maxi dress,

long skirt...dressy or casual.......all would be with sandals and my

legs are not showing.

During the regular days of my life? I don't dress up much/if ever......

if it is summer and I am in a sundress? well, no hose for me.....but

99% of the time I am in crops/capris/pants and shorts.

I remember when I first started to cruise in 2003...I did wear hose

with my cocktail dresses. I have changed my wardrobe for my cruises

since then.......long dresses/skirts/dressy slacks on formal evenings.

None of them require hose:)

I'm 61 and my legs look great pantyhose-free.

That's why I said "most". How many women in our age group could say that? Probably not too many. Good for you. I actually could pull it off and have. I think because I'm from Michigan my perspective is a little different. We spend most of the time covered up to stay warm!

BTW, I saw a photo of Jane Lynch in O---wearing fishnets with open toed sandals! I may just try it. Our next cruise is in Iceland where it will be a little chilly !