Please more reviews on freedom of the seas

AmberTeka

We take our first cruise on FOS this fall.

We are Platinum on Carnival and Princess. We have sailed a bit on HAL. Three on NCL and 1 on Celebrity.

BUT Never on RCI. The size of FOS had intimidated us some , but all of the New ships are that big. We have heard good things. But there does not seem to be many reviews.

Thanks.....................New passengers on a new cruise line.............sort of feel like when we took our first cruise on NCL. We knew NOTHING.

I take it that you have looked at the reviews section of this web site? Select "reviews / "member reviews", select the cruise line, and all the reviews show up for each ship for that line. Not all reviews are posted on the cruise line's forum, but in the reviews section.

LOVE the Freedom and will miss her dearly when she leaves us for her new home down

south. Not a fan of that three hour drive we have from home to Ft. Lauderdale in all that traffic. :(

Edited by island lady

We are Platinum on Carnival and Princess. We have sailed a bit on HAL. Three on NCL and 1 on Celebrity.

BUT Never on RCI. The size of FOS had intimidated us some , but all of the New ships are that big. We have heard good things. But there does not seem to be many reviews.

Thanks.....................New passengers on a new cruise line.............sort of feel like when we took our first cruise on NCL. We knew NOTHING.

There's 1283 reviews of Freedom here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=358

Hated FOS the worst ship ever, family and friends were on it last year in March, we booked it because of the high reviews and let me tell you never ever will I sail that ship again. My sister and Mother had a better time on the Grandeur, my personal favorite up to that point was the Explorer out of Bayonne now it's the Allure. May of this year we will be on the Oasis.

Hated FOS the worst ship ever, family and friends were on it last year in March, we booked it because of the high reviews and let me tell you never ever will I sail that ship again. My sister and Mother had a better time on the Grandeur, my personal favorite up to that point was the Explorer out of Bayonne now it's the Allure. May of this year we will be on the Oasis.

Anthem and it rock!

Freedom was one of our faves. We had a great table at dining, a great waitstaff who went beyond the extra mile, and we loved the itinerary (Coco Cay, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten). We had only been on Grandeur at that point and there was just so much to do, it seemed, it was staggering.Gorgeous ship and we'd gladly go on her, Liberty, or Independence again.

Is there a specific question you've got about her?

Edited by garnetpalmetto

Husband and I have been on Freedom twice, and enjoyed both trips a lot! We've been in both a regular inside and a Promenade inside; Promenade would be my favorite of the two. I called it my 'outside-inside' because of the window.

Love the open Promenade area for people watching and just relaxing. After our morning walk around the track on Deck 11 we'd grab a coffee and roll at the Promenade Cafe. Sorrento's was our late-night stop for a snack after the show. We loved going to Olive or Twist for a nightcap.

Just a great ship with lots to do!

Sorry you did not have a good experience on the Freedom. We always enjoyed our cruise on her. Funny thing is the Explorer was our least favorite ship.

We have sailed on Freedom two times - both Western. I wrote up trip reports / reviews for both trips with lots of photos. Links to both are below in my signature line...

Love Freedom. Great ship. It is large, but oh so fun. I did Allure two years ago and Oasis this fall. You can't go wrong with any of these ships. Yes, they're very large, but you never feel crowded. Oasis class holds 6000+, but it only feels crowded when leaving a show or during a parade in the promenade. You'll love Freedom.

I was very disappointed and quite annoyed at the construction going on to the ship during my "supposed" relaxing vacation. I felt as though I was in the middle of the city when trying to relax on the decks. I actually videotaped the construction to show my friends and family on Facebook four or five different times during the day and night. It was loud and obnoxious!! I dont understand why RC would schedule loud construction work on "At Sea" days. At least you could have done it while we were on the islands or during YOUR time. I spent $2000 and then some (drink packages, excursions, tips, services etc) on my boyfriends very first cruise and my sixth cruise (4th with RC) and did not appreciate feeling like I had never left the city. Tom was disappointed as well.

Furthermore, the first day onboard, we were expecting the customary (and scheduled) "Sail Away Party", and it never happened. It was the most boring sail away, with a few people on the deck watching football on the big screen. I dont care about football, I'm on a cruise looking to be in a tropical atmosphere. I come form the North (Massachusetts) and this trip was the most disappointing I've ever experienced.

We also encountered a very rude waiter during a breakfast in the Leonardo. A customer at our table asked for salmon on her eggs benedict. He told her that he could not provide it, and she said that they had it the day before. (she was Jewish and she doesnt eat pork products) She then asked if she could have it on the side (its always available in the buffet line at Windjammer) and he went behind her back, rolled his eyes and made a very unprofessional face behind her back. He returned with the salmon on the side. I had asked him if I could have a glass of Cranberry juice with breakfast, he YELLED at me, saying "You'll have to pay for it, we dont have that here". I was surprised, but knowing I had the premium package (drinks) I told him "Thats fine, I'd like some". He never brought it. I saw him later at a buffet near the pool. Again, he was hostile toward the guests, and ignoring their requests for plates. Three people asked him if there were any plates for the buffet (they ran out). He ignored them and continued to act as if he was counting the silverware. Both times, he did not have a name badge on, as I wanted to report his behavior to the other staff. I did not see him for the remainder of the cruise.

As a return customer, I have always preferred to use Royal Caribbean over the other cruise lines. I have always spoken highly of, and recommended you to family and friends. I'm not sure I can continue doing this after this last cruise. I dont feel as though the guests are particularly cared about. I did put a deposit on another RC cruise on one of the first days of sailing, thinking that I would like to go again. After the lack of customer care on this cruise, I am contemplating retracting my deposit.

I will be very happy to send along the videos of the construction work from at least 9 am until about 8 pm at night if you would like to hear the major annoyance that we all experienced ALL DAY LONG.

My room was very nice and larger than I remember. Unfortunately, the TV did not work properly and kept shutting off randomly. Also, the interactive area for bill checking was always on "error" and I was unable to access it for the most part. I mentioned the TV issues to my housekeeping manager twice, it was never resolved.

We've been on FOS twice. We loved it both times, granted there were some other factors that colored the experience a bit. The first time I decided to propose during the cruise (she said 'yes'). The second time, we got married onboard at sea (we both said 'I do'). That said, I think we still would have liked it even without the nuptial influence.