Can You BUY A Drinks Package On a TA?

cruisead

We pre-purchased ours - being a long cruise it was over $2000 for the 2 of us (not enough onboard credit to really help by purchasing it onboard). I'm not sure it was worth it money-wise (I just couldn't quite keep up with the "wild" lifestyle for 16 days ;)), but would do it again for the convenience.

I know Celebrity doesn't offer the drink packages in the 1-2-3 Go program for a TA, but are you able to purchase a drink package, or is it only pay as you go?

We got the free drinks package on our TA booked for October 2015

We did not get all three offers - but did indeed get the free classic drinks package -

So contrary to opinion (my travel agent was convinced we would never get it) - NCL did give us free drinks on the current promotion for October 2015 :D

Celebrity sorry -just off an NCL and booked X but also booking a short break with NCL

Celebrity gave us the package sorry

my bad :o

Congratulations. I assume from your posts that you are on the Equinox cruise leaving Barcelona on Oct 27, 2015? Please tell us more. How were you able to get the free alcohol drink package on this TA?

I know the 123 Promo was offered for a certain time for the November 2013 TA because I had it. I have been watching it closely and I have not seen it again for a TA for 2015 or 2016.

Does it show on the Celebrity as a credit?

I am not sure how I missed it.

Thanks.

We got the free drinks package on our TA booked for October 2015

We did not get all three offers - but did indeed get the free classic drinks package -

So contrary to opinion (my travel agent was convinced we would never get it) - NCL did give us free drinks on the current promotion for October 2015 :D

I'm surprised by this because we booked the Oct 27, 2015 cruise on Equinox while we were on board Equinox this past April, and the Celebrity agent was all prepped to include the Classic Package, and when he input the info into the computer, he got a message saying that the package was not available for any trans ocean sailing. When we got home, I called our TA to confirm this, and he called Celebrity and again he was told that no drink packages are given via the 1-2-3 program for trans ocean sailings.

I'm surprised by this because we booked the Oct 27, 2015 cruise on Equinox while we were on board Equinox this past April, and the Celebrity agent was all prepped to include the Classic Package, and when he input the info into the computer, he got a message saying that the package was not available for any trans ocean sailing. When we got home, I called our TA to confirm this, and he called Celebrity and again he was told that no drink packages are given via the 1-2-3 program for trans ocean sailings.

Hi Kitty

I am in the UK - the website I think did offer the package but I will do a dummy run again this morning and check what it says.

I book through my Banks travel service which gives me 10% discount off any travel (ie 10% off NCL website prices) - plus free travel insurance and free airport lounge vouchers. Its a perk I have always valued. The travel service are great - they called through to NCL as at first she was offering me free grats also - but when she called was told no - I could have the Free drinks package but that was the only one of the 123.

I also had her call them back to check if I can upgrade to premium. They said yes, after around four weeks I can call back and order the upgrade to premium for 11.5 pppd.

I went on to make a further booking for my cousin -travelling solo. He took a balcony as the offer was making a balcony cheaper than an outside AND he also has the free drinks package.

I will check the website for you as a dummy booking see what it says.

My travel agent (not the same one I booked with) had also - like yours, said no 123 on TA cruises...

Congratulations. I assume from your posts that you are on the Equinox cruise leaving Barcelona on Oct 27, 2015? Please tell us more. How were you able to get the free alcohol drink package on this TA?

I know the 123 Promo was offered for a certain time for the November 2013 TA because I had it. I have been watching it closely and I have not seen it again for a TA for 2015 or 2016.

Does it show on the Celebrity as a credit?

I am not sure how I missed it.

Thanks.

Give them a call -

My agent is my bank travel service. I get the prices online and then call them. They discount 10% off everything except taxes.

They called NCL to confirm - we were given one of the 123 - the classic drinks package

I think it runs November to January promotion.

Let me know if you get it !

Celebrity said it takes up to around four weeks to show on my reservation - so I will be keeping a close eye on it.

Our bank travel service though is excellent.

I went on to add a further booking for my cousin - also with the drinks package.

That agent got it on cruising power system - so it must be on there.

But if I were you I would call - dont rely on X website its full of glitches and I am a fairly new user on it.

Give them a call -

My agent is my bank travel service. I get the prices online and then call them. They discount 10% off everything except taxes.

They called NCL to confirm - we were given one of the 123 - the classic drinks package

I think it runs November to January promotion.

Let me know if you get it !

Celebrity said it takes up to around four weeks to show on my reservation - so I will be keeping a close eye on it.

Our bank travel service though is excellent.

I went on to add a further booking for my cousin - also with the drinks package.

That agent got it on cruising power system - so it must be on there.

But if I were you I would call - dont rely on X website its full of glitches and I am a fairly new user on it.

WAAARGHHHH - I have a mental block and keep writing NCL

CELEBRITY!!! Get it right me duuuuh :o

I am also mid boooking an NCL just now so have both on the go.

I looked at my reservation today on CELEBRITYs website - it still does not show the classic drinks package however - I was getting a tad worried after reading posts - checked my Bank Travel service (Its royal and I come from scotland) paperwork - and it clearly shows "Promotional Offer : Classic Drinks Package included"

So anyone in doubt - call - its worth the phone call dont rely on website info!

Hi Kitty

I am in the UK - the website I think did offer the package but I will do a dummy run again this morning and check what it says.

I book through my Banks travel service which gives me 10% discount off any travel (ie 10% off NCL website prices) - plus free travel insurance and free airport lounge vouchers. Its a perk I have always valued. The travel service are great - they called through to NCL as at first she was offering me free grats also - but when she called was told no - I could have the Free drinks package but that was the only one of the 123.

I also had her call them back to check if I can upgrade to premium. They said yes, after around four weeks I can call back and order the upgrade to premium for 11.5 pppd.

I went on to make a further booking for my cousin -travelling solo. He took a balcony as the offer was making a balcony cheaper than an outside AND he also has the free drinks package.

I will check the website for you as a dummy booking see what it says.

My travel agent (not the same one I booked with) had also - like yours, said no 123 on TA cruises...

Sorry - yet again I wrote NCL - I am driving myself nuts!!

It IS Celebrity I am referring to -

what a numpty :o

sorry - very def CELEBRITY!!!

There's no 1-2-3 on TransAtlantics via Celebrity UK, but there is an offer for the Classic drinks package; I was told until Nov 30th.

I purchased it last Saturday (21/11/14) at 'today's prices,'

I had rung 2 weeks ago & was told it was + £288p.p, so I left it.

I added my flights last week, so asked again, this time it was + £137, so I took it before they changed their minds and now have the paper work with the new pricing. I did loose my OBC, but that was only $75 (£47.50)

I think it's an excellent deal, especially as I would pay about $150 for bottled water alone.

BTW the web site shows it as available until October 31st!

Edited by upwarduk

There's no 1-2-3 on TransAtlantics via Celebrity UK, but there is an offer for the Classic drinks package; I was told until Nov 30th.

I added my flights last week, so asked again, this time it was + £137, so I took it before they changed their minds and now have the paper work with the new pricing. I did loose my OBC, but that was only $75 (£47.50)

I think it's an excellent deal, especially as I would pay about $150 for bottled water alone.

Pleased for you

The website is a mess huh

I saw that too - available until the 31st October

and yet when you click on the T&Cs it shows from November to January (forget exact dates)

It does seem a shame they cannot get the website right - for a global company it should be so simple to have an easy accessible working website.

I am glad I called in too - had I not - I too would have assumed no deal .

Bizarre...:confused:

Edited by Blondie008

Yours is a different situation. You PAID for the Classic Package---you didn't get it free via the 1-2-3 promotion. Blondie says she got the "free" Classic package via the 1-2-3 Go promotion.